Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BILLSBOAT
Is there a way to make the steering blocks and other carbon parts less brittle. tried of breaking them. we have one corner on our track that is a high speed left hander and you get to close, it'll take your left front tire off . i know the first option is to learn to drive better (working on that), but until then any other options?

thanks
bill secara
Steering block broken? six years that the use (Pro4, moorespeed, TC and TCX) and I've never broken one ... but Korey's advice is excellent, using HB aluminum are very good, in the alternative use Jet Racing are identical to the original but aluminum (they are of excellent construction),are available from RC mushroom.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1290337155
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCX-img131.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

help!
I need a setup for carpet and Sorex 36 tires, I tried the setup Hara IIC but with poor results, is too nervous with oversteer and little rear grip, is not suited to my driving.
I state that I attend a few races on carpet and my guide is not the best on this surface, so I need a setup that makes the model easy enough to drive.
Anyone have experience with these tires on carpet?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Do you have to run 36's??

Normally in the uk we only use sorex 28's for most races on carpet.

What additive and warming method do you use?

Luke
Old 11-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
help!
I need a setup for carpet and Sorex 36 tires, I tried the setup Hara IIC but with poor results, is too nervous with oversteer and little rear grip, is not suited to my driving.
I state that I attend a few races on carpet and my guide is not the best on this surface, so I need a setup that makes the model easy enough to drive.
Thanks.
try to use lrp carpet2 additive or paragon ground effect...this will make your car better...

put half for front tyres, full for rear tyres...
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BILLSBOAT
Is there a way to make the steering blocks and other carbon parts less brittle. tried of breaking them. we have one corner on our track that is a high speed left hander and you get to close, it'll take your left front tire off . i know the first option is to learn to drive better (working on that), but until then any other options?

thanks
bill secara
Well, I've heard of boiling them (yes, boiling) - supposedly this 'relaxes' the material a bit so their not quite so brittle. Meh.

What I found worked for me is this: take a look across the edge of the wheel - I'll bet that the axle is protruding outside of the plane of the wheel edge. If this is the case, simply brushing up against a board can cause the axle to catch, which in turn will cause the steering block to turn into the boards which can cause the steering block to snap. There's a fair bit of mass in a TC, so you don't even have to be going fast to have this happen.

I've ground down my axles so they don't protrude past the plane of the wheel edge - and I've pretty much stopped breaking steering blocks.

If your nervous about doing this, pick up a spare set of axles - they're not that expensive, and what you spend on a trimmed down set will certainly save you in the long term.

And note: if you do this, you do restrict your ability to change the track width of the car. So it's a trade off.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Do you have to run 36's??

Normally in the uk we only use sorex 28's for most races on carpet.

What additive and warming method do you use?

Luke
Originally Posted by kschu
try to use lrp carpet2 additive or paragon ground effect...this will make your car better...

put half for front tyres, full for rear tyres...
In Italy we use the same tire-controlled for asphalt and carpet,Sorex 36.
I used Nosram carpet (similar all'LRP) with the procedure described by Kschu, front half tyre and at the rear full tire with tyre warmer.
However, there was not much difference between additive or not when the track has reached the maximum grip.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

In Italy we use the same tire-controlled for asphalt and carpet,Sorex 36.
I used Nosram carpet (similar all'LRP) with the procedure described by Kschu, front half tyre and at the rear full tire with tyre warmer.
However, there was not much difference between additive or not when the track has reached the maximum grip.
Dont have any experience with 36's either asphalt or carpet...

However do you find the car gets better at the later stage of the run? Or is the traction poor from start to end?

Maybe its just the simple case of you have to got softer on your damping to accomendate the harder tyre, instead of pink silver, try silver blue....
Old 11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Dont have any experience with 36's either asphalt or carpet...

However do you find the car gets better at the later stage of the run? Or is the traction poor from start to end?

Maybe its just the simple case of you have to got softer on your damping to accomendate the harder tyre, instead of pink silver, try silver blue....
The behavior of the car was quite similar at the beginning and end.
Do you think it is better to soften the setting? I have hardened with the Gold at the front and the behavior seemed to improve ...
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

The behavior of the car was quite similar at the beginning and end.
Do you think it is better to soften the setting? I have hardened with the Gold at the front and the behavior seemed to improve ...
Well there are a number of things you could try i was just looking that you run a harder control than we do here in the UK, so if it happened to us, which it wouldnt, but say it did, i would be looking at softening yeah for your lack of rear traction...

On the oversteer front, maybe you can go up 1mm on the front inner camberlink ballstud, from 2mm to 3mm to help smooth the cars steering response. Even reducing the front arm sweep could help you.

As it doesnt get any better from start to end its obviously not as simple as getting heat into the tyres before the run.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default caster blocks

anybody know if these will work on the TCX??

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...b-Set-6-Degree
Old 11-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Well there are a number of things you could try i was just looking that you run a harder control than we do here in the UK, so if it happened to us, which it wouldnt, but say it did, i would be looking at softening yeah for your lack of rear traction...

On the oversteer front, maybe you can go up 1mm on the front inner camberlink ballstud, from 2mm to 3mm to help smooth the cars steering response. Even reducing the front arm sweep could help you.

As it doesnt get any better from start to end its obviously not as simple as getting heat into the tyres before the run.
I tried to increase up to 2.5 mm in the camber link but perhaps not enough, the next race I will try to 3mm and follow your advice of soften the setting.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

I tried to increase up to 2.5 mm in the camber link but perhaps not enough, the next race I will try to 3mm and follow your advice of soften the setting.

Thanks
You could also try playing with the top deck flex too.

Hope you get somewhere with it anyway.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Does anybody know where i can pick up some purple turnbuckles for the tcx???
Old 11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Apex
Are these 46mm? And are the dogbone ends the correct size for the TCX spool housing?
yes, they are the correct size. have used them and works fine.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

help!
Thanks.
I would try more droop in the rear (lower arms) and less droop in the front (higher arms).

Smaller spacer under the rear ball studs (more grip).

Make one change at a time 1st rear droop 2nd front droop 3rd ball stud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.