R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #1306
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes!
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #1307
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Yes!
Yes to my question or gwhiz's question?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #1308
Tech Champion

By yes I meant the black suspension blocks fit. The heavy duty motor mount is just made out of a better aluminum. It's not needed, but if you somehow bend a motor mount, you might as well replace it with the stronger one!

-Korey
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Old 11-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #1309
Tech Initiate

What are people generally running then FDR wise for 10.5T. I have bought a SP V3 10.5T and an Xtreme Hobbywing ESC. Was told to start around 8.5FDR. I know it makes a huge difference if your are running different settings on the speedo, but was just looking a steer.
Cheers
Stephen_102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #1310
Tech Champion

Yea... I need to know the settings in the ESC before I can even begin to tell you where to start. I've seen anywhere between 6.5 and 8.5 for gearing a 10.5, but that range is so wide it's not even helpful.

-Korey
Old 11-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #1311
Tech Elite

More TCX suspension parts have come in
Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #1312
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankH View Post

On my Home Track with the TCX out of the Box (almost) from the beginning I managed to run 2/10th faster with the TCX then ever with the BD5. Maybe its the "New Toy" Factor, and like stated before I am not known to drive very smooth
Hi Frank,

(it's me, Ivo) what oil do you use in the shocks of the TCX carpet? I have mine back home :-)

What else did you to the TCX for carpet?

cheers
Old 11-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #1313
Tech Adept

hi guys,

this topic looks very interesting to me.

i own a mi4lp pro version which means no carbon fiber chassis, no adjustable shocks, not so much fancy alu, but well worth 240 euros to start!

had a couple of mouths practicing and gettin better and better and next week i'll do my first race.

for the new year i woul like to change my car, choises are:

tcx, tc6, t3 '11

however tcx was always my favourite, and now, that i m really considering to buy one i would like to know from u if i should.

all i know is:
car is pretty solid, handle seems to be very good and very driver-friendly (as moore and hara always repeat)
nice build and very interesting chassis flex adjustability,
furthermore spares are not so expensive compared whith others even here in italy.
what i ignore is all the rest...
its worth the money? how really feels to driver?
there is something in particular that is very good or bad?
everything that u can tell me i will really apporciate!!

thanks a lot!!
jackdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #1314
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstar View Post
Hi Frank,

(it's me, Ivo) what oil do you use in the shocks of the TCX carpet? I have mine back home :-)

What else did you to the TCX for carpet?

cheers

Hi Ivo

For the shocks we use 3 hole with 40Wt Oil.
Springs - Yokomo Pink/Blue or HB Pink/Blue

The biggest Modification is the Lipo Chassis by Marcel. How does it compare to the Standard ? Well, it is narrower and designed and balanced to hold the LRP 5900 Lipos. Lots of Flex too.

We are running the Yokomo Steering Blocks, but I believe thats not a big change to standard. More a Mind thing ;-)

The Steering we mount at the lowest position (shims on Top).

I tried the Standard Front Blocks as well as the FF1,5/FR1,5 , for me it really didn't make a difference in Beerfelden.

On Low Grip Front Rollcenter 1,0/1,0, when Grip goes up 1,5/1,5.

Hope to see you on the Race Track
FrankH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #1315
Tech Adept

FrankH, Do you test this new chassis in outdoor? , in low grip asphalt.
And is possible to buy this chassis, some shop, or direct to Marcel ?

JackDani , i donīt have the car yet, iīm waiting for my order to arrive, but i race 3 years with a old Cyclone Surikan Edition, and then i run for Schumacher, this year with Mi4LP.

My old cyclone, are a very solid car, very fast in turns and a litle more difficult to drive then the Mi4, the Mi4 are more stable car, but not than fast in turns.
For me, the best are the ressistance of materials, turnnukles, belts, pulleys,...
The 2.5 mm chassis of cyclone, was not very flexible even with holes for NiMh batteries, the cardans were not very hard and in some tracks the steering blocks broken in a strong impact, the first diferentials broke the screws, but this was solved with the Pro version.

I think all of this is solved in TCX, for this reasson i choose this car for the next year, is one of the best

Sorry for my english, Luis C.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #1316
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
FrankH, Do you test this new chassis in outdoor? , in low grip asphalt.
And is possible to buy this chassis, some shop, or direct to Marcel ?

JackDani , i donīt have the car yet, iīm waiting for my order to arrive, but i race 3 years with a old Cyclone Surikan Edition, and then i run for Schumacher, this year with Mi4LP.

My old cyclone, are a very solid car, very fast in turns and a litle more difficult to drive then the Mi4, the Mi4 are more stable car, but not than fast in turns.
For me, the best are the ressistance of materials, turnnukles, belts, pulleys,...
The 2.5 mm chassis of cyclone, was not very flexible even with holes for NiMh batteries, the cardans were not very hard and in some tracks the steering blocks broken in a strong impact, the first diferentials broke the screws, but this was solved with the Pro version.

I think all of this is solved in TCX, for this reasson i choose this car for the next year, is one of the best

Sorry for my english, Luis C.
@Luic

I just got my TCX and the chassis about two weeks ago, so I had no chance to test it outdoor yet. I believe Marcel did, but not sure at this point. Got mine straight from Marcel, not available in shops (yet).

I had a similar Lipo chassis in my TC with a long Top Deck with lots of Flex

The TCX Cardans are still kind of week, at least for Modified. Broke one in a crash and the other side is worn out already.

By the way, I manged to get the Black Tamiya Delrin Spool Outdrives onto my TCX Spool. The whole was just a little to small but with some minor rasping it fit on. Now I am able to run Yokomo BD5 45,5mm Cardans in Front and in the Back I am running the Yokomo BD5 44mm Cardans. They fit perfect in the SpecR Gear Diff and the Tamiya Outdrives.
FrankH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #1317
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi guys I thought Id share my gear diff conversion with everybody. Its a Spec R Xray 38tooth diff giving a 1.9 final drive and no need to change any belts. The diff needs about 1 mm of shimming. Xray 50mm driveshafts and blades. The driveshafts are a perfect fit into the axles. Front pulley is a xray ball diff pulley which has had the centre hole enlarged a little with a body reamer and elongate two holes for the screws.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCX-2010-11-12-19.21.00.jpg   Hot Bodies TCX-2010-11-12-19.21.43.jpg   Hot Bodies TCX-2010-11-12-19.22.37.jpg  
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1318
Tech Initiate

Anybody hear the latest about when there will be one for specifically for the TCX? been talked about for a while now.
Stephen_102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #1319
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_102 View Post
Anybody hear the latest about when there will be one for specifically for the TCX? been talked about for a while now.
December. TBC
steveonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #1320
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

anybody has a setup for a medium size medium bite carpet track?
This for a 10,5 motor.
stofke is offline   Reply With Quote