R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #856
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,115
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMania View Post
Hi Korey/Hiro,

Any idea why did Hara and the rest of HB team used 1.0mm shim under the front suspension blocks rather than the usual 1.5mm during the IIC? what effect does it have by switching 1.5mm to 1.0mm? cheers!
Smooths out the car on entry a bit. I've found sometimes it can give a little more mid-exit steering as well.

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #857
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,115
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
korey~

you got a carpet set up yet? Thanx
My setup is pretty similar to the guys at the IIC actually. I run 1.5mm under the suspension blocks with 2.5 deg of arm sweep, and a 1.2mm swaybar in the rear. Other than that... check out the IIC setups. They are all decent starting points.

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #858
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
My setup is pretty similar to the guys at the IIC actually. I run 1.5mm under the suspension blocks with 2.5 deg of arm sweep, and a 1.2mm swaybar in the rear. Other than that... check out the IIC setups. They are all decent starting points.

-Korey
OK...THANX
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #859
Tech Apprentice
 
Bret Pousson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezSlash View Post
You would say that Brett. Are you gonna be able to make it down to RC Riot?
BTW Its Antonio lol.
yes .ill.b makeing the trip all winter. the tc5 ull have a lot of support there if u no what i mean. but the tcx is a much better machine imo and ull have some support with it as well .It's pretty much its up to u on that choice. Also the xways t3 has a lot of support there as well. Sean runs that car. Ill be there with my tcx on friday night. come check it out.
__________________
Get your dirt on!
Bret Pousson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #860
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMania View Post
Hi Korey/Hiro,

Any idea why did Hara and the rest of HB team used 1.0mm shim under the front suspension blocks rather than the usual 1.5mm during the IIC? what effect does it have by switching 1.5mm to 1.0mm? cheers!
We lowered the front suspension block by 0.5mm because we wanted to have more roll in the front. It also reduced some tire pressure to the track surface so eventually less tire heat too. As a result It didn't make any push in the end of the race.

Thanks,
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #861
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

any one switched from a xray t3 to the tcx and gone faster thinking bout getting a new car just wanted to no if its going to b better then the t3?


thanks
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:51 AM   #862
Tech Addict
 
DezSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Pousson View Post
yes .ill.b makeing the trip all winter. the tc5 ull have a lot of support there if u no what i mean. but the tcx is a much better machine imo and ull have some support with it as well .It's pretty much its up to u on that choice. Also the xways t3 has a lot of support there as well. Sean runs that car. Ill be there with my tcx on friday night. come check it out.
Yea I hear u about the as and X-ray. But having Steve-o and you will help as well. Now just have to see what classes they have that I can start in.
__________________
Companies I support
Hot Bodies*Futaba*Novarossi*JConcepts*Hitec*Upgrade Rc*Kalgard*Sidewinder Fuel*Dialed
Arcor Raceway
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #863
Tech Apprentice
 
Bret Pousson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezSlash View Post
Yea I hear u about the as and X-ray. But having Steve-o and you will help as well. Now just have to see what classes they have that I can start in.
i think that they will be running 13.5 pro 13.5 spec and 17.5 open esc. The 13.5 spec would be a good class to start for your first time with on road.The 13.5 pro will be open tire and esc. last year i ran 10.5 and 13.5 with the same car with the tekin and an 13.5.
__________________
Get your dirt on!
Bret Pousson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #864
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aITqizWYxfU
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #865
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,115
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Figured I would let you guys know...

Xray spurs are a decent alternative to the HB/Xenon V2 gears. They have large holes in them for motor screw access, since the xray suffers from a similar problem. RW "xray specific" gears that fit great on our car, as does xray. RW just makes them in the smaller sizes you guys might want for 17.5 no timing racing.

Hope that helps a little bit!

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:00 AM   #866
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Default Hara's IIC TCX rear body posts

Where can you get those purple body post additions that are shaped like the letter L and slide over the body posts? They are pictured on Hara's car in HPI Europe press release regarding his recent wins at the 2010 IIC. They have the word "Ride" etched on them. They would seem like they are for leverage for when the rear spoiler exerts downforce on the trunk lid of the car preventing the body from just bending and not applying downforce.

See images at hpi eurpoe "news"



Additionally, what is the purpose of the plastic body posts pointing off the back of the rear shock tower. Some kind of impact protection?

Thanks
1999zr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 AM   #867
Tech Master
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999zr2 View Post
Additionally, what is the purpose of the plastic body posts pointing off the back of the rear shock tower. Some kind of impact protection?
Yes.
__________________
Ken Miller
T4 2015
CRC Twenty5
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #868
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default gear diff for the tcx

I am looking to get back into TC and have had a pro 4 and a Cyclone in the past. The TCX looks great and I am wondering if they make a gear diff or has someone had any luck installing a gear diff.

I heard alot of buzz about gear vs ball diffs and many top drivers are switching to gears in the rear. how good is the stock rear diff?

Any dislike acros the board?
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #869
Tech Fanatic
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999zr2 View Post
Where can you get those purple body post additions that are shaped like the letter L and slide over the body posts? They are pictured on Hara's car in HPI Europe press release regarding his recent wins at the 2010 IIC. They have the word "Ride" etched on them. They would seem like they are for leverage for when the rear spoiler exerts downforce on the trunk lid of the car preventing the body from just bending and not applying downforce.

See images at hpi eurpoe "news"



Additionally, what is the purpose of the plastic body posts pointing off the back of the rear shock tower. Some kind of impact protection?

Thanks
I have Ride, but recently 3Racing also products something similar...

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=3964
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #870
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

yeah racing makes a set as well...

got mine from rcmart
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net