R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #706
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

STORMERS marked the TCX BACK DOWN TO 399!!

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=HOT68700
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!

Last edited by transplantlife; 09-10-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: forgot link
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:56 AM   #707
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Hi all, I have ordered the recent days. It is a nice car but i experienced s bad things, the front universal drive shaft is weak and i have damaged 4 shafts totally...the lightweight shaft seems not hard enough and i decided to change to steel one...BTW, i found that the tamiya universal drive shaft is also fit! But need to do some test to ensure about it.

Any other guys also experience on this? or any good replacement or enhancement on the drive shaft? THanks!!
powis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #708
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powis View Post
Hi all, I have ordered the recent days. It is a nice car but i experienced s bad things, the front universal drive shaft is weak and i have damaged 4 shafts totally...the lightweight shaft seems not hard enough and i decided to change to steel one...BTW, i found that the tamiya universal drive shaft is also fit! But need to do some test to ensure about it.

Any other guys also experience on this? or any good replacement or enhancement on the drive shaft? THanks!!
Use MIP PRO 4, very strong, waiting for output of DCJ 46mm.
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #709
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Use MIP PRO 4, very strong, waiting for output of DCJ 46mm.
Cool, also wanna wait for the DCJ for TCX
powis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #710
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powis View Post
Hi all, I have ordered the recent days. It is a nice car but i experienced s bad things, the front universal drive shaft is weak and i have damaged 4 shafts totally...the lightweight shaft seems not hard enough and i decided to change to steel one...BTW, i found that the tamiya universal drive shaft is also fit! But need to do some test to ensure about it.

Any other guys also experience on this? or any good replacement or enhancement on the drive shaft? THanks!!

please dont use tamiya bones, the pin at the end is too small and will create excessive wear and a poor handling car due to the amount of play in it.... only use tamiya bones if you are going to run blades, and if you do then you need to enlarge the cup slots...

hth
luke
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #711
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

is it the front or rears that are weak or all four? and are these ones you guys are referring to.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGNY9&P=7
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #712
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
is it the front or rears that are weak or all four? and are these ones you guys are referring to.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGNY9&P=7
Surely the front, yes, the MIP are in the link
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #713
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default IIC

Congrats Team HB at IIC.
__________________
- HOTBODIES - AHRP -
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #714
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,314
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Congrats Team HB at IIC.
Yeah, Hara took 1st in mod and super stock and Ty took 3rd in super stock. Congrats!
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #715
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

whats the difference with these then what comes in the kit? is it that its made from 7075

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/68751.html

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...n&partNo=68752
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #716
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
whats the difference with these then what comes in the kit? is it that its made from 7075

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/68751.html

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...n&partNo=68752

Makes you wonder why they aren't included in the kit ....
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #717
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Makes you wonder why they aren't included in the kit ....
yea totally
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #718
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,094
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

It keeps the initial cost of the kit down. A lot of cars don't use 7075 aluminum for bulkheads since it's more $$$ for sure. Bulkheads as they stand are still very good, so its nothing I've worried about. It's just an option for those that seem to need them just in case

By the way... this car is #$%@#$^T@# awesome!

-Korey
__________________
Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Sweep - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #719
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
It keeps the initial cost of the kit down. A lot of cars don't use 7075 aluminum for bulkheads since it's more $$$ for sure. Bulkheads as they stand are still very good, so its nothing I've worried about. It's just an option for those that seem to need them just in case

By the way... this car is #$%@#$^T@# awesome!

-Korey
Korey do you have a base line carpet set up that you can post?
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #720
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
please dont use tamiya bones, the pin at the end is too small and will create excessive wear and a poor handling car due to the amount of play in it.... only use tamiya bones if you are going to run blades, and if you do then you need to enlarge the cup slots...

hth
luke
Oh yea just found that the pin is smaller in tamiya bones! thanks!
powis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net