R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #646
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post

Korey or Hiro,
Am I reading this set up sheet correctly ? Is Andy running a 1 deg front rear block along with a 1.5 deg front front block ?
With the new TCX bulkheads moved in 3 mm (total) I thought that these mods wouldn't be needed !!
OR am I missing something ?
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #647
ark
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
he is using thinner wheel hubs and 1.0deg FR blocks, wonder what's the effect like?
Looks like he is widening the front of the car?

Last edited by ark; 08-23-2010 at 02:33 PM.
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #648
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Korey or Hiro,
Am I reading this set up sheet correctly ? Is Andy running a 1 deg front rear block along with a 1.5 deg front front block ?
With the new TCX bulkheads moved in 3 mm (total) I thought that these mods wouldn't be needed !!
OR am I missing something ?
Thanks.
Hello jag88,

Yes you are reading the setup sheet correctly.
It looks like he had 1deg in FR and 1.5deg in FF. Even though the new TCX has longer camber links than the cyclone tc, there still is some benefit to use the wider blocks. Please don't forget that it also changes the shock mounting position on the arms too.

Thanks,
Hiro Kasuya
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #649
Tech Adept
 
tomracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
there still is some benefit to use the wider blocks. Please don't forget that it also changes the shock mounting position on the arms too.
Hiro Kasuya
Hiro,

if we only look at changing over to the wider blocks with everything else remaining the same the lower shock mounting point is shifted outwards. but so is the inner pivot and outer pivot point on the arm.
so effectively the motion ratio doesn't change right?
only if the upper shock position is kept the same the shocks are now angled slightly more and that lowers the wheelrate a bit.
the main thing that changes with this mod is track width, arm sweep and roll centres.
__________________
Tom van den Brink
--------------------------
RC Crewchief - setup software for racers
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #650
Tech Adept
 
OI82lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TCX tekin gearing

I am waiting for my TCX ( maybe today?) and am going to run
stock 17.5 (LRP) motor with a Tekin RS 208 vegas software.
Can someone recommend gearing?
The TCX manual says to go between 6 and 7.3 FDR.
I was going to run 116/35 (1.95 internal gearing) = 6.46 right in the middle to start, but I'm not sure if I should go lower (like 6.00) with the Tekin.
Thanks in advance.
OI82lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #651
Tech Apprentice
 
Jim_1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 56
Default

I tried the TRF piston's, they fit like a glove. I want to get the titanium coated piston rod, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if the tamiya TRF piston rods will fit?
Jim_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #652
Tech Adept
 
EJ20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_1987 View Post
I tried the TRF piston's, they fit like a glove. I want to get the titanium coated piston rod, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if the tamiya TRF piston rods will fit?
Yes, both are 28mm long, and the OD is same.
__________________
- HOTBODIES - AHRP -
EJ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #653
Tech Apprentice
 
Jim_1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: U.K
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
Yes, both are 28mm long, and the OD is same.
Excellent. Thanks for that.
Jim_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #654
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hahaha
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #655
Tech Master
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Awesome!
__________________
Ken Miller
T4 2015
CRC Xti WC/GenX-10
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #656
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Will HB ship Priority Mail?
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Mon-Tech Racing USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:04 AM   #657
Tech Master
 
ali_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,153
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Hello jag88,

Yes you are reading the setup sheet correctly.
It looks like he had 1deg in FR and 1.5deg in FF. Even though the new TCX has longer camber links than the cyclone tc, there still is some benefit to use the wider blocks. Please don't forget that it also changes the shock mounting position on the arms too.

Thanks,
Hiro Kasuya
Hi Hiro,

Do u guys drill a small hole on the shock caps? And what rebounds settings you guys will normally use?
__________________
☆ JU.C RACING ☆
https://www.facebook.com/Ju.Cracing
ali_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #658
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 82
Default info

Hello,

I plan to buy one TCX, I have heard that Moore at the EC was using new chassis and new shock towers, is this true? where can I see this and other options?

Thank you
__________________
RC Racing addict
Roedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #659
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
Hi Hiro,

Do u guys drill a small hole on the shock caps? And what rebounds settings you guys will normally use?
I have been using the shock caps and each cap has two 1.2mm holes. It kills the shock rebound no matter where the shock piston is when the caps are closed.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #660
Tech Master
 
David Galdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo
Default

Are we out of customs yet?
__________________
Hot Bodies | HPI Racing | HPI TV | Speedzone USA | Team Epic | Trinity | TRC
V-Dezign 4.0
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net