R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #571
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,953
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki View Post
Just finished kitting mine all out and it weighs in at 1329g with GM motor, Tekin RS Pro, Ko Propo PDS-2367 and IP 5600mah 50C lipo. This is a serious improvement on my Moorespeed Cyclone which was about 30g overweight. I've checked the balance and it seems that actually the battery side has a greater moment around the centreline so I might have to add some masses behind the motor to balance it out.
This is with the kit totally as standard apart from the pistons which I've changed for the 3 hole items. I imagine that further significant weight savings could be made by replacing the steel turnbuckles and screws with titanium versions and replacing the spool with a Litemodz version.
So the kit comes with 2 hole pistons???
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #572
Tech Fanatic
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Absolutely, the pistons are two-holes...

Actually the problem with the 540 motor does not come from the purple support but from the carbon top deck... The round design does not allow to set the motor in the most rear position... Personnaly, I dremelized it!

Concerning the battery, I did not mount all the system, with "cage" and top bar... I use old-style servo plot (You know, from Pro4, the round ones) and put them one in the front, one on the rear and two under the top deck. So my battery is now very close from the belt... Orion Molecular are a perfect match, by micrometer!

Do you want some photos?
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #573
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,953
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Absolutely, the pistons are two-holes...

Actually the problem with the 540 motor does not come from the purple support but from the carbon top deck... The round design does not allow to set the motor in the most rear position... Personnaly, I dremelized it!

Concerning the battery, I did not mount all the system, with "cage" and top bar... I use old-style servo plot (You know, from Pro4, the round ones) and put them one in the front, one on the rear and two under the top deck. So my battery is now very close from the belt... Orion Molecular are a perfect match, by micrometer!

Do you want some photos?
Thanks for the info. Just curious why when every set up has the 3 hole pistons?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #574
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Thanks for the info. Just curious why when every set up has the 3 hole pistons?
lol
most of the team setups have all sorts of wierd parts we can't buy/get, just like the Photon
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #575
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
If you look hard enough he has the battery double sided taped in, most believe that it helps with equal chassis flex.
don't read too much into the battery being held in, it was purely for photo purposes... I use tape just like everyone else lol

as for amount of screws for the spur, I can't remember off hand, but however many it is for the removal of the top deck.

Hth
luke
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #576
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,953
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
lol
most of the team setups have all sorts of wierd parts we can't buy/get, just like the Photon
We have been running 3 hole pistons since they came out so I'm just shocked that they aren't offered as standard in this kit.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #577
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

I would point something out about the battery fiber taped on the chassis.
90% of drivers use this technic (and so do I).
A lot of people used to tight up the tape and apply on the battery.
Have you guys ever seen what happens at the end of the run, if the battery gets swollen, even a bit, it's quite enough to bend the chassis !
That means we run with a tweaked chassis without notice...

I agree that the tray and battery bar looks like toy, but this solution is quite far to be stupid.
To keep the ease of the fiber, I take good care of the battery locators (servo plot, extra lead weight, whatever..) but I apply the fiber tape a bit loose to compensate the potential "swelling effect".
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #578
Tech Fanatic
 
evaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: south of metro manila
Posts: 963
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki View Post
No, the kit servo posts are plastic. However I was surprised at just how solid they feel - I don't feel any urgent need to change them for the aluminium items.
just finished the build, i agree with the servo post, they seem to be graphite and not ordinary plastic. great car, i cant wait to start running it. its been quite some time since i used an hpi/hot bodies kit, the last was the pro3
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 AM   #579
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaa View Post
just finished the build, i agree with the servo post, they seem to be graphite and not ordinary plastic. great car, i cant wait to start running it. its been quite some time since i used an hpi/hot bodies kit, the last was the pro3
Yep - they come off the same molding as the wishbones so obviously they must be the same material; some kind of graphite or carbon reinforced plastic.
A.Wojtecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #580
Tech Master
 
ali_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,153
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideaway View Post
I would point something out about the battery fiber taped on the chassis.
90% of drivers use this technic (and so do I).
A lot of people used to tight up the tape and apply on the battery.
Have you guys ever seen what happens at the end of the run, if the battery gets swollen, even a bit, it's quite enough to bend the chassis !
That means we run with a tweaked chassis without notice...

I agree that the tray and battery bar looks like toy, but this solution is quite far to be stupid.
To keep the ease of the fiber, I take good care of the battery locators (servo plot, extra lead weight, whatever..) but I apply the fiber tape a bit loose to compensate the potential "swelling effect".
the battery tray is not feasible?
__________________
☆ JU.C RACING ☆
https://www.facebook.com/Ju.Cracing
ali_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:00 AM   #581
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
the battery tray is not feasible?
Probably yes,
the thing is you have to let the battery "lives" a bit just in case it may swell a bit during the run.
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #582
Tech Elite
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,303
Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default

Anyone getting these in the US yet? Is the release date delayed?
Dusttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #583
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,167
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Kit & Parts arrived !

http://rcmarket.com.hk/

Last edited by RC MARKET; 08-17-2010 at 01:49 PM.
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #584
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Send a message via AIM to Matt W
Default Steering rack

Hi,

Im just building my tcx and i notice theres alot of slop and up and down movement in the steering rack, is this right or is there a way of shimming it to stop this?
Matt W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #585
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Still waiting...

Our pre-orders will go out as soon as they arrive! Should be very soon now!
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net