R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #4741
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hpi and hot bodies sells two diffetent type of c hub, carbon graphite which is the more expensive and the plastic one, my question is which is stronger than the two and will it affect handling? Also will the Tamiya c hub fit? I've been searching the thread but no luck.

Thanks.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #4742
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 435
Default

The Tamiya outer hinge pins are 2.6mm diameter. I don't know if the c-hub would be the right size, but you'd need to drill your wishbones anyway.

Not sure which of the HB items are stronger, the plastic one would probably flex more though, might stop it snapping.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #4743
Tech Addict
 
MX943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Glendale CA
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)
Default

Hi Guis, the TCX uses 200mm body? Thanks
__________________
B5M
2013 BMW S1000RR Motosport 200hp
2015 Yamaha YZ450F,2002 CR250R
Aprilia Tuono ,2006 CRF450X st legal
BMW M3 E46
MX943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #4744
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

190mm mate
Gtr r34 m-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4745
Tech Addict
 
SuperFastSnail's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX943 View Post
Hi Guis, the TCX uses 200mm body? Thanks
The TCX is a touring car that takes 190mm but if you want to run VTA the required rims and tires from HPI widens the car up and will fit all VTA body nicely. The wide rear tires and rims is 30mm with usually a +6mm offset and the fronts are a little narrower. Hope that helps.
__________________
JU KE

Sponsor by Makita Li-Ion Brushless Power Tools. Eat the power!

Selling something but no pictures, goodbye.
SuperFastSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #4746
Tech Addict
 
MX943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Glendale CA
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail View Post
The TCX is a touring car that takes 190mm but if you want to run VTA the required rims and tires from HPI widens the car up and will fit all VTA body nicely. The wide rear tires and rims is 30mm with usually a +6mm offset and the fronts are a little narrower. Hope that helps.


Thanks Man,that will help!
__________________
B5M
2013 BMW S1000RR Motosport 200hp
2015 Yamaha YZ450F,2002 CR250R
Aprilia Tuono ,2006 CRF450X st legal
BMW M3 E46
MX943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #4747
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tynemouth, UK
Posts: 9
Default Which 26mm foams for TCX?

Hi All

I got these foams from the Schumacher website..

CONTACT 1/10 Front 26mm 35Sh JAP Carbon

But the fronts foul the steering parts of my car whenever I turn the wheels. Looks like the spokes of the wheel are too deep for my TCX

Which foams do I need to buy, so this doesn't happen?

Cheers, Gib.
__________________
Schumacher -> Cyclone -> TCX
gibletmcshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #4748
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tcx dcj question

hi,
i just got a second hand tcx, and with it a pair of what i'm pretty sure are the 44mm dcjs which weren't fitted to the car. altogether they measure 75mm and have 2.4 mm drive pins. i got some outdrive extensions which are a pretty weak plastic with a purple aluminium sleeve which clicks over the plastic, leaving about a mm of the plastic showing. i fitted them and it felt great, but i literally just tapped a barrier and the plastic inner is destroyed! I think the drivshafts still look short in the cups and wondered if there is a better part.

i have seen part no 68841, but it says tcxx only, wondered if there are some longer spool outdrives or something, is it 67731? are any of these metal?

i hope i have the correct dcjs, as they weren't in a pack!

please help!! any info would be greatly appreciated
stubaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #4749
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Floating servo for TCX...

Hot Bodies TCX-foto0067.jpg
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #4750
2xs
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 198
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Floating servo for TCX...

Attachment 1020834
Interesting...

Trim the ear off the chassis and round off bottom outer corner and you have a hit.
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #4751
Tech Adept
 
Jamesalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 185
Default

Hey, how is everyone holding the lipos in place L shape lugs or just the plastic parts lipo parts in the kit and a good tape like the hudy tape.

Thanks in advaced
__________________
www.cmcc.org.uk
www.mmrflux.co.uk
www.hpiracing.co.uk
www.hotbodiesonline.com
Jamesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #4752
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Floating servo for TCX...

Attachment 1020834
where did you get that? and what's that thingy on top of the servo holder a battery stopper?
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #4753
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesalex View Post
Hey, how is everyone holding the lipos in place L shape lugs or just the plastic parts lipo parts in the kit and a good tape like the hudy tape.

Thanks in advaced
Hi James
I use the kit stops against the belt and a plastic servo mount on the outside at the front to stop the battery shoting forward in the event of a crash. Then tape the battery in with Hudy tape.
markrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #4754
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
where did you get that? and what's that thingy on top of the servo holder a battery stopper?
Is a CSO for tamy 417...

The stopper for a battery, is a servo mount (HPI PRO3), but are good also those mentioned by Markrobinson.

However, recommend that you take (if available) servo support ROCHE, is very nice, I have one on my TCXX, has the stopper battery integrated.

Both requires the drilling of the chassis to be used on the TCX.
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #4755
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bedfordshire UK
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubaxle View Post
hi,
i just got a second hand tcx, and with it a pair of what i'm pretty sure are the 44mm dcjs which weren't fitted to the car. altogether they measure 75mm and have 2.4 mm drive pins. i got some outdrive extensions which are a pretty weak plastic with a purple aluminium sleeve which clicks over the plastic, leaving about a mm of the plastic showing. i fitted them and it felt great, but i literally just tapped a barrier and the plastic inner is destroyed! I think the drivshafts still look short in the cups and wondered if there is a better part.

i have seen part no 68841, but it says tcxx only, wondered if there are some longer spool outdrives or something, is it 67731? are any of these metal?

i hope i have the correct dcjs, as they weren't in a pack!

please help!! any info would be greatly appreciated
You need these.
http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=68769

I have it on good authority that HPI USA had 250 pairs in this week We're still waiting for them in the UK

Jason
jasonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net