Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Will TCX parts fit on a cyclone S? I am scouring the Internet for parts and can't seem to fine a site that has parts for the cyclone s in stock. Thanks..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kabul_RC
Will TCX parts fit on a cyclone S? I am scouring the Internet for parts and can't seem to fine a site that has parts for the cyclone s in stock. Thanks..
You can use cyclone TC parts.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default tcx for vta

Hey everyone, I'll be using my TCX for VTA racing using a Ballistic 25.5 motor. Anyone has a rollout they like to share; what pinion and spur are people using on a moderate 35 degree of timing on the Ballistic motor. I know temping the motor is the safest way to go about but I like to get a good start since I brought the TCX down from the shelf. I was running a a TC4 previously and I was running a 55t pinion with a 78t spur. Motor temp was around 120' fahrenheit. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
Hey everyone, I'll be using my TCX for VTA racing using a Ballistic 25.5 motor. Anyone has a rollout they like to share; what pinion and spur are people using on a moderate 35 degree of timing on the Ballistic motor. I know temping the motor is the safest way to go about but I like to get a good start since I brought the TCX down from the shelf. I was running a a TC4 previously and I was running a 55t pinion with a 78t spur. Motor temp was around 120' fahrenheit. Any help is greatly appreciated.
why not just use the same FDR from your TC4 and apply it to your TCX. That would be a good starting point
Old 12-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
shoot me an email (won't remember without one )and I can give you the setup I have on my TCX from the last time I ran it...Car was hooked up and ballastically fast!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone have a good set up for blinky 17.5 carpet, with the narrow chassis and the new shock mounts? Thanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rear Gear Diff, Front Ball Diff or Spool for Carpet?

Originally Posted by AGNO
For carpet I recommend 500K, same hardness works very well also on asphalt, yesterday I used to race in one track very small and technical, I won the TQ and won the race, very fast car and easy to drive, I used two differential Spec-R with 500K ant. and 1K post. with the front differential I have combined with the DCJ 44mm resulting a truly exceptional steering with the total absence of chattering.
Hey guys, I'm running the Spec R gear diff in the rear with a Losi 1000 wt oil. First, when doing searches, I keep seeing "500k" or "300k", etc. Can I assume that this is 500 wt and 300 wt oil?

Also, I'm tired of the chattering in the front when running the spool. I put the ball diff in the front and this certainly eliminated the chattering. But it seems that the car lost some "turn in" and generally less traction on the front. I then tightened the ball diff more and more and it seems to correct it little by little, but still not the same turn in as the spool. Is this the normal reaction of ball diff vs. spool in the front? I'm running the stock springs all around (front gold, rear silver) but will be trying the pink springs in the front.

One of the other benefits to running the ball diff for me is that there a little "give" when hitting a corner. I've busted way too many diff cups; both the stock cups (for 46 mm) and the long cups (for 44 mm drive shafts or DCJ's). This happens significantly more now that it's cold vs. when it was warm.

Any comments on my setup and if I'm better off running the spool in the front vs ball diff?

Last edited by M3Armand; 12-19-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Hey guys, I'm running the Spec R gear diff in the rear with a Losi 1000 wt oil. First, when doing searches, I keep seeing "500k" or "300k", etc. Can I assume that this is 500 wt and 300 wt oil?

Also, I'm tired of the chattering in the front when running the spool. I put the ball diff in the front and this certainly eliminated the chattering. But it seems that the car lost some "turn in" and generally less traction on the front. I then tightened the ball diff more and more and it seems to correct it little by little, but still not the same turn in as the spool. Is this the normal reaction of ball diff vs. spool in the front? I'm running the stock springs all around (front silver, rear gold) but will be trying the pink springs in the front.

One of the other benefits to running the ball diff for me is that there a little "give" when hitting a corner. I've busted way too many diff cups; both the stock cups (for 46 mm) and the long cups (for 44 mm drive shafts or DCJ's). This happens significantly more now that it's cold vs. when it was warm.

Any comments on my setup and if I'm better off running the spool in the front vs ball diff?
The post mentioned it was my very old post, one of the first tests with the front differential

Now recommend minimum 1000K (one million)is the right way.

To completely eliminate the chattering with spool, I suggest you use the doube cardans shafts Spec-R 46mm, really good, smooth and robust!

Possibly, with geard diff ant, use HB DCJ 44mm shaft.

I do not recommend the Ball diff on the front...

What kind of tyres you use on carpet?

With Sweep 32 tires, at the Italian carpet championship, I've had good results using HB spring Hara spec, Black at the front, Gray at rear.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Agno, thanks for the quick reply!

Now recommend minimum 1000K (one million)is the right way.
So is 1000 wt oil = "1000K"?

I do not recommend the Ball diff on the front...

What kind of tyres you use on carpet?

With Sweep 32 tires, at the Italian carpet championship, I've had good results using HB spring Hara spec, Black at the front, Gray at rear.
Why not ball diff at the front? I am running the Sweep 32 OR the HPI #4495 X-pattern radial belted 26mm Pro Comp tires for "GT Class".

Lastly, I though Hara's (and all the HB pros as per the downloadable setup sheets) were Pink at the front and Silver at the rear?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Hi Agno, thanks for the quick reply!

So is 1000 wt oil = "1000K"?

Why not ball diff at the front? I am running the Sweep 32 OR the HPI #4495 X-pattern radial belted 26mm Pro Comp tires for "GT Class".

Lastly, I though Hara's (and all the HB pros as per the downloadable setup sheets) were Pink at the front and Silver at the rear?

Yes, 1000K is a one million (500K is half million...)

The gear diff at the front is more efficient and durable of the ball diff

For carpet, I found, best springs Hara spec, similar to Yokomo Pink/blue spring, but slightly more harder.

They are also excellent HPI spring Pink/silver, but with too much bite, there is a tendency to roll over
Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You also can use RIDE springs, they are quite perfect and around the famous HPI silver...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know which DCJ's I would need to use with the new HB68833 gear diff in the front and rear of my TCX?

Does this gear diff support the old 61333 diff cup addaptors?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

I'm using specR v2 dcjs. Then use the 2.3mm blade that come with the gear diff set. Works a treat.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For carpet, I found, best springs Hara spec,
which one's? there are several, super soft,soft,medium,h and sh.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cheehtae
which one's? there are several, super soft,soft,medium,h and sh.
Grey Soft #66962

Black Medium #66963

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.