Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

From Red RC fom a few months ago. The info is out there......just not a lot on rc tech.

Other new items making their debut was the HB TCX Hara edition, a car which we have seen in action at the Euro Touring Series in the hands of Andy Moore and which includes a new narrower chassis, new top deck, rear gear differential and longer aluminium steering arms to increase steering lock. Other improvements include steel rear driveshafts, new servo mounts
incorporating LiPo stop, new front hubs & rear upright from TC-FD and new aluminium upper shock mounts.

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...-1-620x332.jpg
Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
From Red RC fom a few months ago. The info is out there......just not a lot on rc tech.

Other new items making their debut was the HB TCX Hara edition, a car which we have seen in action at the Euro Touring Series in the hands of Andy Moore and which includes a new narrower chassis, new top deck, rear gear differential and longer aluminium steering arms to increase steering lock. Other improvements include steel rear driveshafts, new servo mounts
incorporating LiPo stop, new front hubs & rear upright from TC-FD and new aluminium upper shock mounts.

Well ive searched everywhere for the hara edition and its no where ....i mean all i could find is the original tcx for sale and nothing else . As for the new version thats the only article ive found too ......for a top level car thats beaten tamiya with the pros then why isnt this thing everywhere it just doesnt make sense to me.

Like who carries the hara edition ive searched far and wide and came up with nothing???
Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein

Soooo were not gonna talk you into switching to Xray huh
Old 05-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Well ive searched everywhere for the hara edition and its no where ....i mean all i could find is the original tcx for sale and nothing else . As for the new version thats the only article ive found too ......for a top level car thats beaten tamiya with the pros then why isnt this thing everywhere it just doesnt make sense to me.

Like who carries the hara edition ive searched far and wide and came up with nothing???
i believe hiro posted something the other week about a tentative release date...if you're not seeing anything that's because the distributors haven't gotten any info yet...

and as far as being impatient...I'd say chill, man...yes, xray releases a new car every 6-8 months, but aside from Lemuiex, who else wins with it on a national level????? if their new chassis were so kickass, then you'd be seeing xray's all over the reports - not the tamiya...and speaking of tamiya, their last release was 3-4 months ago, and 6-9 months before that, the 417 came out...

rapid new releases don't always mean improvements...i'd rather a company take its time and get the updates/releases right before letting them out in the open - instead of giving the preception that all the revisions are 'good'
Old 05-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i believe hiro posted something the other week about a tentative release date...if you're not seeing anything that's because the distributors haven't gotten any info yet...

and as far as being impatient...I'd say chill, man...yes, xray releases a new car every 6-8 months, but aside from Lemuiex, who else wins with it on a national level????? if their new chassis were so kickass, then you'd be seeing xray's all over the reports - not the tamiya...and speaking of tamiya, their last release was 3-4 months ago, and 6-9 months before that, the 417 came out...

rapid new releases don't always mean improvements...i'd rather a company take its time and get the updates/releases right before letting them out in the open - instead of giving the preception that all the revisions are 'good'
I agree, look at all the cars at the upper price range and they all look very similar other than color.

I don't think we will see anything wild but just a refresh like the TC6.1 was for AE. Xray has not made much change from the '11 to the '12 car. I think Xray is finally catching up to HB, Tamiya, and Yokomo in what works on a TC. Just look how the Xray has finally added the vertical inboard camber link and dual bellcrank steering that all the others have had for sometime.

Yeah the Xray did not show as well at the Reedy race last weekend in the invite class.

It would be nice if the price will be like the TC was
Old 05-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar

Well thats why i want to buy the car because i think it will perform well but if you have a great chassis dont leave your customers in the dark and get some hype created over it ...............leaving the adverstising scarce makes for a chassis most people wont take the time to find ....put it out there thats all im saying .......if its that great everybody should know about it.

I heard its gonna be called a tcxx well if thats true when i plug in tcxx something should pop especially if its gonna be released in a month.

As for patience .......lol im working on that
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

I know a HPI team driver over here in the UK and he prefers the TCX over TCXX / Hara edition
Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
I think the problem with the Hot Bodies TCX, well at least in the UK is that they have a bad reputation for not having good stock or any stock of the car and the spares. I run a shop and had to order my car months in advance, since then the car is never in stock. The spares backup this year for the TCX has however been better.

I however don't know why they have discontinued some of the option parts for the TCX such as the upgrade alloy servo mounts and alloy threaded shock collars and alloy cone washers, which i now see are listed again but out of stock. At one point they had stopped selling the 1.5 deg pivot blocks.

Also there is not really much of a team here in the UK and this usually dictates what cars are ran at club level, which at present is mostly Xray's as they have been sponsoring a lot of people this year, like associated did last year. The Schumacher's are always very popular here and again have a large team.

Rant over
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Well if i could get a confirmation that the tcx can be converted to the new tcxx then i will go ahead and buy the tcx
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As far as I know, it's just the tcx with a bunch of updated parts on it. Most of those parts of which you can currently buy off the shelf.

Things you can buy currently:
-Narrow chassis
-Thicker Top deck
-Lowered Shock Towers
-3 hole steering knuckles

Things that will be new:
-Revised steering rack optimized for 3 hole knuckles
-HB's very own gear differential.
-Tiny rear steel driveshafts
-Possibly a new chassis to accommodate the new steering rack (not sure on this one)

There are probably a few things that I'm missing, but the major stuff is all able to bolt on to the old car. It's just slight refinements, not an entirely new car. Of course Hiro would know more and be able to clarify when he gets a chance.

-Korey
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the info ...but i think im just gonna wait until mid july for the kit
Old 05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have full team drivers at the ETS Rd-5 here in Holland.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCX-tcxx.jpg  
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
We have full team drivers at the ETS Rd-5 here in Holland.
Arg i want that lol ....hows the durability on this car ...same as any others?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theatriks

Surely it is better not to promote the car heavily when it is not available yet, otherwise people will complain that the car is being advertised but they can't get it.

As the saying goes "good things come to those that wait"

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 05-31-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Surely it is better not to promote the car heavily when it is not available yet, otherwise people will complain that the car is being advertised but they can't get it.

As the saying goes "good things come to those that wait"
LOL waiting...................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.