R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #4336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Theres your answer I dont think there will be a Hara Edition, The new car will be the TCXX

For those interested, New setup is on petitRc http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...tBodiesTCX.htm

The car was pretty good, I set the 3rd fastest lap time of the weekend, but the finals got rained out so didnt get to see how it was in racing. It was very easy to drive and had ton's of rear grip. I was struggling to achieve an optimum balance for steering and corner speed, so i am now experimenting with chassis plates again.
Im pretty sure its gonna be a Hara edition...
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #4337
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Theres your answer I dont think there will be a Hara Edition, The new car will be the TCXX

For those interested, New setup is on petitRc http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...tBodiesTCX.htm

The car was pretty good, I set the 3rd fastest lap time of the weekend, but the finals got rained out so didnt get to see how it was in racing. It was very easy to drive and had ton's of rear grip. I was struggling to achieve an optimum balance for steering and corner speed, so i am now experimenting with chassis plates again.
hey Ant good result i was just looking at your setup and see you ran 2.5 deg rear toe-in at the rear and was wondering if you tried 2 or have ever ran 2 deg at the rear?

Racing in the UK on asphalt I often start at 3 deg and end up the day on 2 as the grip comes up and find I can lap so much faster.
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #4338
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Im pretty sure its gonna be a Hara edition...
damit, and I just got the TCX, hope there will be a conversion kit
Old 05-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #4339
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
hey Ant good result i was just looking at your setup and see you ran 2.5 deg rear toe-in at the rear and was wondering if you tried 2 or have ever ran 2 deg at the rear?

Racing in the UK on asphalt I often start at 3 deg and end up the day on 2 as the grip comes up and find I can lap so much faster.
I run on a sprayed asphalt track, very tacky. in 17.5 boosted I usually run 2 degrees but sometimes Ill even run 1.5 depending on the conditions. It all depends on the track layout and class also.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #4340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post

I have tried running less, and in high grip it definately does free the car up. In mod i think you need to run at least 2d otherwise the car can become a handful to drive, more toe gives better drive off corners aswell. In stock though id recommend running 2.5d as a max for rear toe. I ran 1.5d at TITC this year in 13.5 Brushless

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #4341
Bar
Tech Regular

Quote:
I have tried running less, and in high grip it definately does free the car up. In mod i think you need to run at least 2d otherwise the car can become a handful to drive, more toe gives better drive off corners aswell. In stock though id recommend running 2.5d as a max for rear toe. I ran 1.5d at TITC this year in 13.5 Brushless
Good to know it is not just me then that runs less rear toe-in . I race in 13.5 boosted class outdoors in the UK which is the most popular class here right now. I will try 1.5 deg rear toe-in at some point and let you know how it goes, especially as at the moment with the hot weather we are having here. I was wondering do you guys run a 13.5 boosted class or anything similar in OZ and if so do you experience any issues with overheating?

Last edited by Bar; 05-26-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #4342
Bar
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goots View Post
I run on a sprayed asphalt track, very tacky. in 17.5 boosted I usually run 2 degrees but sometimes Ill even run 1.5 depending on the conditions. It all depends on the track layout and class also.
another person running less good to know
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #4343
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

does the new narrow HB chassis have better flex overall or is it just a narrowed down version of the original? contemplating either the HB or Exotek chassis atm
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #4344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hopefully we get to see some pictures of the new car this weekend at the ETS! Hara, Andy and Shin are attending

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #4345
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarwashington View Post
damit, and I just got the TCX, hope there will be a conversion kit
i doubt it will be a complete re-do of the TCX, probably some of the refinements that guys are doing now via aftermarket parts (at least i hope)

should be able to just buy the parts you want/feel you need to add to you chassis - at least that's my plan
Old 05-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #4346
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
i doubt it will be a complete re-do of the TCX, probably some of the refinements that guys are doing now via aftermarket parts (at least i hope)

should be able to just buy the parts you want/feel you need to add to you chassis - at least that's my plan
geez hot bodies really keeps u in the dark ......i mean every other manufacturer when there gonna release a new chassis at least has cad drawings or something or at least a release date or pics of some sort.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #4347
Tech Master

Quote:
Hopefully we get to see some pictures of the new car this weekend at the ETS! Hara, Andy and Shin are attending
where was hara at the reedy race?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #4348
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
geez hot bodies really keeps u in the dark ......i mean every other manufacturer when there gonna release a new chassis at least has cad drawings or something or at least a release date or pics of some sort.

My guess is that TC is not a big deal anymore and that off road is more important.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #4349
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post

Agreed. I am pretty sure its going to be like how the Tc6 and then the TC6.1 came out. Same general chassis but with a ton of refinements.
zenkikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #4350
Tech Master

I gotta tell ya im having second thoughts about this car.....for a top level touring car raced by hara which has podiumed several times there sure isnt much info on this car or any hype built up about the new version release that is supposed to be in july ....its like hpi is giving up on there top level sedan....geez with an release a month away apparently u think this thread would be hopping.....theres more action in the xray t3 thread and thats 8 months old ....idk anymore....