Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TCX full option for sale

Hi guys.

I am selling my beloved TCX, chassis only but with all the options installed.
It has only run in three races with very little practice.
In total I would calculate that it does not have more than 25 runs in it and any worn out parts have been replaced.

The relative post is here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tion-sale.html
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=459

I assume the arrowmax ecs will work with the longer diff cups (or a locked one way).
Has anyone ordered from them...and how long does it usually take for the parts to come in?
Using them with the standard diff cups and they are pretty awsome.. Have to change one bearing in the hub which come with the shafts. I gather they would work with the longer diff cups but they are no longer needed when using these..

Cheers
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Hi guys.

I am selling my beloved TCX, chassis only but with all the options installed.
It has only run in three races with very little practice.
In total I would calculate that it does not have more than 25 runs in it and any worn out parts have been replaced.

The relative post is here:
To anyone who already ownes a TCX, you may want to have a look at the list of spare and option parts I have for sale.

Please check this thread for the full list

Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Bump, need to get this thread back on P1

Just built up the new HB gear diff, I dont think this thing will EVER leak, has the biggest O-ring I have ever seen. The diff also has bearings in the case that the outdrives go through, hopefully it goes as good on track as it looks The new Top deck(s) work very well also, I used one of them on the weekend and my car was very good, probably the best its been apart from too much rear grip! Which caused a bit of understeer but hopefully I can get rid of that over the next few test days at the track.

Hopefully they release it all soon Exciting times ahead
Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Gear diff

Want to get my hands on one of these diffs.. Bearings in the diff sounds like the way to go..

Come on hb release the diff already..

No-one needs help lately as their cars are so dialed
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

For those using the 3 hole steering (HPI 68796) are you using full steering throw ? As I can't get that, or are you just using 100% EPA.

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

SAW I am struggling to get enough steering lock with the 3 hole arms as well. Hopefully some one knows a solution. Looking forward to the new parts being released and also the new TCXX. Hope it come with all the new parts that are being developed at the minute.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcel
It's a Photon belt in front and a Serpent belt (front belt from a nitro car) in the rear.
Does anyone know the Serpent belt part#? Did you have to change the center pulleys?

I'm trying to fit a Yokomo gear diff in my TCX.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3

Just built up the new HB gear diff, I dont think this thing will EVER leak, has the biggest O-ring I have ever seen. The diff also has bearings in the case that the outdrives go through, hopefully it goes as good on track as it looks The new Top deck(s) work very well also, I used one of them on the weekend and my car was very good, probably the best its been apart from too much rear grip! Which caused a bit of understeer but hopefully I can get rid of that over the next few test days at the track.

I don't know which parts they are, but we will have final samples (almost production spec) very soon. We have norrowed down to determine the production spec and almost ready to go.

They will be even better now. Stay tuned!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

One pics...
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.A.W
Hi,

For those using the 3 hole steering (HPI 68796) are you using full steering throw ? As I can't get that, or are you just using 100% EPA.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by A_Smith
SAW I am struggling to get enough steering lock with the 3 hole arms as well. Hopefully some one knows a solution. Looking forward to the new parts being released and also the new TCXX. Hope it come with all the new parts that are being developed at the minute.
With the 3 Hole knuckles you cannot get full lock, its because the steering arms are too short. Thats why they have designed the new longer ones. They are 2mm longer and allow full steering throw. Just use the maximum steering lock you can with those knuckles, I have found it to be enough lock anyway (around 28d). With the new steering posts you can get up to 32d lock.

Also just a note for everyone on the new chassis on the TCXX, the steering rack and servo has been moved back 2mm, allowing for the same ackerman spacing as the old steering setup

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
I don't know which parts they are, but we will have final samples (almost production spec) very soon. We have norrowed down to determine the production spec and almost ready to go.

They will be even better now. Stay tuned!
Hiro,

The stuff I have is all from TITC still, so its definatly not final production stuff yet. I know the guys have already been testing new parts again since then

Originally Posted by AGNO
One pics...
I can post pictures of the stuff, but its probably not worth it as I guarantee a lot of the production stuff will be different! I also forgot to mention they have been working on a new layshaft design with plastic pulleys! Think this is a much better design and it has no slop. And when the pulley itself wears out you can just put another one on (it locks onto the layshaft as it has a nut shape and the pulley just goes onto that)

Cheers,

Antoni
Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

With the 3 Hole knuckles you cannot get full lock, its because the steering arms are too short. Thats why they have designed the new longer ones. They are 2mm longer and allow full steering throw. Just use the maximum steering lock you can with those knuckles, I have found it to be enough lock anyway (around 28d). With the new steering posts you can get up to 32d lock.

Also just a note for everyone on the new chassis on the TCXX, the steering rack and servo has been moved back 2mm, allowing for the same ackerman spacing as the old steering setup

Hiro,

The stuff I have is all from TITC still, so its definatly not final production stuff yet. I know the guys have already been testing new parts again since then

I can post pictures of the stuff, but its probably not worth it as I guarantee a lot of the production stuff will be different! I also forgot to mention they have been working on a new layshaft design with plastic pulleys! Think this is a much better design and it has no slop. And when the pulley itself wears out you can just put another one on (it locks onto the layshaft as it has a nut shape and the pulley just goes onto that)

Cheers,

Antoni
Ok, I'm just very curious

However, I also use the new knukle with three holes for a long time, I noticed a steering more predictable and consistent than those with two holes.
And I noticed no problems turning, even in very narrow tracks, normally I just use steering: about 22/25d, 32d seem very many

Interesting new layshaft, although I prefer the aluminum pulleys...

Regarding the frame, good changes, but they make old my new narrow chassis
Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hiro,

Cheers,

Antoni
Thanks Antoni for the info.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AGNO

Regarding the frame, good changes, but they make old my new narrow chassis
You can always do what I have just done, I have dremeled 2 of my narrow chassis to be more like the new one (still not exactly the same as design has slightly changed) but its close
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.A.W
Hi,

Thanks.
I had this problem too initially. I ended going above 100% epa on my radio to get more steering lock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.