R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #4171
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramas3d View Post
Yes I know it. but they are very weak. I have used it before but it wears down in 10-20 runs. I have changed it in every event. I am driving 17.5 motor so it has not so much power. I saw that people who runs roche never changes it at all it does not wear so fast.
They do have a steel option for that: #68769. Check it out!
TeroRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #4172
Tech Adept

Default #30004 Shock Spring Adjusters

Hi,
If anyone is interested I have 2 complete sets of #30004 Purple adjusters for sale

Looking for 10 per set plus postage

Also a mint condition TCX with loads of spares and hop ups sadly for sale :-(

Drop me a PM for pics etc
008-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #4173
Tech Regular

Hi,

How does it effect the car when shortening or lengthening the camber links front or back ?

What does thicker or thinner shims do on the roll bar links ?

Also how does changing the F/F bracket do ?

Thanks.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #4174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just returned home from TITC 2012, what an event! Finished 17th overall in Modified, car was really good but did traction roll if it was pushed super hard when the grip came up. The whole HB team all used different setups on their cars but there was 7 cars in the top 20 so a great result Things are definatly looking good for the future as there were mannnnny new pats being tested

The race was another great learning experience for me, and has given me even more confidence returning to Australia now knowing that I could battle against the worlds best and even beat a few. If anyone wants my setup send me a pm with an email address as the file is too big to post on rctech

Cheers,

Antoni

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #4175
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Just returned home from TITC 2012, what an event! Finished 17th overall in Modified, car was really good but did traction roll if it was pushed super hard when the grip came up. The whole HB team all used different setups on their cars but there was 7 cars in the top 20 so a great result Things are definatly looking good for the future as there were mannnnny new pats being tested

The race was another great learning experience for me, and has given me even more confidence returning to Australia now knowing that I could battle against the worlds best and even beat a few. If anyone wants my setup send me a pm with an email address as the file is too big to post on rctech

Cheers,

Antoni
Good job Antoni!
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #4176
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

Cheers,

Antoni
datafilehost allows you to post files up to 100MB
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #4177
Tech Master

Quote:
Things are definatly looking good for the future as there were mannnnny new pats being tested

Cheers,

Antoni

please tell us, cause I'm thinking of moving on to Xray.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #4178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We're doing it again!

For those of you in SoCal or can come down, we are having an open sedan chassis club race at the famed Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, CA. This is a great chance for you TCX drivers to drive on a track that is normally reserved for Tamiyas only!

Speedtech RC presents The Grand Club Race at the world famous Tamiya Raceway. Join us on Saturday, March 31st, 2012 for this special one day racing event. Open TC chassis, open tires, open battery, open body, and tons o fun.

Pre-registration is now open. Preregistration price is $15 for your first class and $10 each additional. Sign ups on race day will be $20 for your first class, $10 additional.

Sign up early to reserve your spot. We will be capping the # of racers and # of heats due to time constraints.

For more details and to sign up for racing... click here.

RCtech thread here
Old 03-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #4179
Tech Elite

Setup sent to all those who sent me an email address

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-f3b7a3b1.html

There it is on Datafile

Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #4180
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
please tell us, cause I'm thinking of moving on to Xray.
The team where testing more new chassis, top decks, centre layshafts, gear diffs along with the other new TCXX parts. I think it would be a silly move considering they have Shin, Teemu, EC Kim etc now, and Hara himself told me that they are still going to be testing new parts.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:17 AM   #4181
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
The team where testing more new chassis, top decks, centre layshafts, gear diffs along with the other new TCXX parts. I think it would be a silly move considering they have Shin, Teemu, EC Kim etc now, and Hara himself told me that they are still going to be testing new parts.
Ahhh... Caretti, not only is he one half of a stormingly fast pit crew, also seemingly quite good at changing chassis plates (3 in one day was the record!), either that or just plain indecisive
Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #4182
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Ahhh... Caretti, not only is he one half of a stormingly fast pit crew, also seemingly quite good at changing chassis plates (3 in one day was the record!), either that or just plain indecisive
Yea im a master of changing chassis now thats for sure! 3 in one day and then once more the next day! Too many options thats for sure Maybe that helped me change your F1 tyres faster?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #4183
Tech Master

Quote:

Thank you for the update.

My biggest problem with HB is that they bring out new parts but give you no idea of what they were designed to do. The loyal customer has to search out the information on forums like RC Tech and ASK/beg for an explanation !
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #4184
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Thank you for the update.

My biggest problem with HB is that they bring out new parts but give you no idea of what they were designed to do. The loyal customer has to search out the information on forums like RC Tech and ASK/beg for an explanation !
+1 Even though I'm a historical HPI/Hot Bodies customer, I'm a bit surprised by the amount of support. Had I known this and liked orange vs purple or blue anodizing, I would have gone the Xray or even TC6 route...
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #4185
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.W View Post
Hi,

How does it effect the car when shortening or lengthening the camber links front or back ?

What does thicker or thinner shims do on the roll bar links ?

Also how does changing the F/F bracket do ?

Thanks.
Anyone ?

Also what length do you run your shocks ?

Thank you.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote