R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #3631
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moraccio View Post
Hiro, help us!
I almost always use zero rebound with two 1.2holes on top of the shock caps. When When you set some percentage of rebound on shocks, re-check them every couple of runs.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #3632
Tech Apprentice

Just to be sure I have understood: each shock cap must to be drilled with two holes of 1,2mm?(correct?)

But zero rebound is good only for very tight tracks with a very high grip or I can use zero rebound also outdoor on asphalt track with less than medium grip? I always knew that a percentage of rebound is good when the grip is not so high and/or track is a little bit bumpy? Am I right?

Rebound must be the same for all shock or is it possible to use different percentages of rebound between front and rear?

Thank you so much (!) in advance for clarifying it.

Ciao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
I almost always use zero rebound with two 1.2holes on top of the shock caps. When When you set some percentage of rebound on shocks, re-check them every couple of runs.
moraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #3633
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Zero rebound is good for tracks that have higher grip. If your running on parking lot level grip situations, i would run about 10% rebound. I would keep it the same on all four springs and not mess with different rebound settings.

Quote:
Just to be sure I have understood: each shock cap must to be drilled with two holes of 1,2mm?(correct?)

But zero rebound is good only for very tight tracks with a very high grip or I can use zero rebound also outdoor on asphalt track with less than medium grip? I always knew that a percentage of rebound is good when the grip is not so high and/or track is a little bit bumpy? Am I right?

Rebound must be the same for all shock or is it possible to use different percentages of rebound between front and rear?

Ciao!

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #3634
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DJGonzo69

Anyone know where I can order the narrow chassis & 2.5mm top deck? Im looking for 3 sets.
Thx-John
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #3635
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Ciao!
Hi moraccio, sorry for the late reply.

I wouldn't say "shock cap must be drilled", but that's what i almost always run with. I think it works well on almost any track condition/layout.

To adjust the car for lower or higher traction, i personally don't use the rebound adjustment as i think it affects more like piston bound or rebound speed.

Yes, i think it's good to have different rebound percentage on front and rear shock. I know people have different opinions but this is how i basically do.

I hope it helps.
Thanks,
Old 09-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #3636
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGonzo69 View Post
Anyone know where I can order the narrow chassis & 2.5mm top deck? Im looking for 3 sets.
Thx-John
the chassis is for sell on usa hb site,good luck with the topdeck hasent been released in the usa only europe ive been looking for a set of the new steering blocks&rear uprights and a rear 2mm low tower! none are for sell in the usa not even web shops!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #3637
Tech Apprentice

Thank you so much Hiro!
Finally i'm beginning to understand better how to use rebound!

Ciao :-)

Quote:
Hi moraccio, sorry for the late reply.

I wouldn't say "shock cap must be drilled", but that's what i almost always run with. I think it works well on almost any track condition/layout.

To adjust the car for lower or higher traction, i personally don't use the rebound adjustment as i think it affects more like piston bound or rebound speed.

Yes, i think it's good to have different rebound percentage on front and rear shock. I know people have different opinions but this is how i basically do.

I hope it helps.
Thanks,
Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #3638
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech-redneck View Post
the chassis is for sell on usa hb site,good luck with the topdeck hasent been released in the usa only europe ive been looking for a set of the new steering blocks&rear uprights and a rear 2mm low tower! none are for sell in the usa not even web shops!
Yes they all should be available at our web shop but those parts are not showing there for some reason.We are fixing the problem now. I'm very sorry.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #3639
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yes they all should be available at our web shop but those parts are not showing there for some reason.We are fixing the problem now. I'm very sorry.
When is it available in europe? You can buy from Europe in the HB USA site? Help! I need a new chassis
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #3640
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
When is it available in europe? You can buy from Europe in the HB USA site? Help! I need a new chassis
I checked and it looks like the chassis is available on there.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #3641
Tech Adept

Quote:
thanks for checking on those parts hiro,let us know when the site is fixed to show the other parts,maxumum best!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #3642
Tech Apprentice

Unfortunately it seems that they do not ship to Europe, only USA and Canada.

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #3643
Tech Addict

Error,double message...
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #3644
Tech Addict

Quote:

Thanks.
Thanks Hiro, but unfortunately I can not find any dealer in Europe it has available
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #3645
Tech Fanatic

Hi everyone,

I would like to let you know that those parts are now available on our web. Sorry again for taking so long.

Thanks for your support.