R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #3526
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Korey are you also running the 2mm lower shock towers F/R if so could could you gives your feedback. I would think the with the new narrow chassis and new 2mm lower shock towers would transform the car.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #3527
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been running 2mm lowered towers for a while now. I ended up machining my own in my spare time at school before the HB or Spec R ones were readily available to me. The lowered towers make a huge difference in the car. I feel they make the car a lot more aggressive overall. They make the car turn in harder, and rotate better throughout the corner. It made a huge difference for me, I'd expect it to do that same for others.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #3528
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I've been running 2mm lowered towers for a while now. I ended up machining my own in my spare time at school before the HB or Spec R ones were readily available to me. The lowered towers make a huge difference in the car. I feel they make the car a lot more aggressive overall. They make the car turn in harder, and rotate better throughout the corner. It made a huge difference for me, I'd expect it to do that same for others.
i believe you are using these with zero rebound? please wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page
Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #3529
Tech Elite

Anymore more news on a Hara Edition TCX coming out?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #3530
Tech Elite

Korey, does the new narrow chassis move everything even closer to the center line? Just wondering.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #3531
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
i believe you are using these with zero rebound? please wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page
Little to no rebound is usually what I always run. Car just seems easier to drive that way.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #3532
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Korey, does the new narrow chassis move everything even closer to the center line? Just wondering.
Well, the servo is in the same place if I remember correctly. The chassis is just narrower (about 10mm narrower), and has a different cutout design. You could easily put the other electronics close to the center line just by mounting them differently.

-Korey
Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #3533
Tech Elite

Are the pro 4 arms more beefy then the stockers?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #3534
Tech Champion

Yes, but you will lose some of the favored tuning options that the reversible arms offer. If you dont use #1 on the front end, and mainly position #2, then you'll be fine.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #3535
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Yes, but you will lose some of the favored tuning options that the reversible arms offer. If you dont use #1 on the front end, and mainly position #2, then you'll be fine.
Most setups use the #2 position on the arms unless you use the new narrow hinge blocks, then you will need to bring out the shocks to the #1 position. Also note that the arms will move the whole suspension towards the rear of the car by 2mm so make sure to space it right. I have been running them and they haven't broke yet. Very beefy!!!

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #3536
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim628 View Post
Most setups use the #2 position on the arms unless you use the new narrow hinge blocks, then you will need to bring out the shocks to the #1 position. Also note that the arms will move the whole suspension towards the rear of the car by 2mm so make sure to space it right. I have been running them and they haven't broke yet. Very beefy!!!
New Narrow Hinge blocks???? I had not heard of those. Please tell me about them.

Art

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #3537
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Art,
Don't know if HB will release them but they are similar to the old cyclone JAAD (Aftermarket) blocks which were -0.5 FR block for the front. I have a couple of them that i use when i need to go narrow in the front.

Here is a link
http://www.redrc.net/2008/06/jaad-ra...-pivot-blocks/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
New Narrow Hinge blocks???? I had not heard of those. Please tell me about them.

Art

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #3538
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

any one have any info about the new(?) TCX parts RIDE is coming out with?? these are the parts Hara posted on facebook??

like when they'll be available?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #3539
Tech Rookie

Default high speed steering

Hi guys,

any tips for getting some steering in high speed sections;
in my opinion it must be an issue of weigth balance between front and rear, but without the needed result...

@ korey:
what happend, when i shorten or lenght the shocks (e.g. from 65 to 63,5mm)?!

thanks in advance.
chris
chris1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #3540
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim628 View Post
Hey Art,
Don't know if HB will release them but they are similar to the old cyclone JAAD (Aftermarket) blocks which were -0.5 FR block for the front. I have a couple of them that i use when i need to go narrow in the front.

Here is a link
http://www.redrc.net/2008/06/jaad-ra...-pivot-blocks/
We don't have something like that prototype parts and don't have a plan either. We have wider blocks as options, they are already available.

Thanks
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote