Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

i got Cyclone TC Version. With Exotek upgrade chassie. with the 39 tooth Pullys
Old 08-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

quick question of spec r top deck.
whats advantage of spec r top deck?
i measured my stock top deck and its same thickness as spec r (both 2.0mm) and its same shape.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcb22185
i got Cyclone TC Version. With Exotek upgrade chassie. with the 39 tooth Pullys
my bad, I have 37 tooth pullies. The 39 tooth pullies are fine, If your running the spec classes you will need to get the larger pinions for the tall ratios if your running 17.5 (as tall as 3.16 for huge tracks) with appropriate spurs. Just make sure you have the 20 tooth center pullies and you will be fine. The drive ratio didn't change from the TC to the TCX. Example, I just ordered pinions up to 60 tooth.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Cyclone TC has 18T center pulleys. I don't know of any 20T pulley that will work correctly, as they are designed to be secured with a setscrew on the TC. The TCX has a capture pin system that keeps everything together (and more compact), so the 20T center pulleys will not work. The diffs use a 39T pulley. You might be able to retrofit some Tamiya 37T pulleys, but you would also have to find some belts that fit correctly as well. For reference, the original cyclone, Hara/Surikarn Edition, and Andy More WCE edition all used 16T center pulleys, and 39T diff pulleys.

With the Cyclone TC, you just need to use some pretty small spurs. 88 or even a little lower is what you'll need, and some fatty huge pinions.

-Korey
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

New products are arrived from RIDE at TQ

Click Here to see the new arrivals

Click here to visit TCX parts store.

Ride EVA bumper for TCX is now available.

FYI, Thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

i can get this
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-cyc...th=595_870_890

and put this on it
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-sak...o-p-32891.html

did not mean to hijack your TCX Thread.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 AM
frk
Tech Rookie

Default Question on HPI High Traction Arms

I would like to know from Mr. Korey if the use of HPI 31420 can be recommended even on the TCX model, and under what conditions. Personally I never understood the conditions under which the arms were used high traction. With little grip? More grip? With the heat? With the cold? Or work better on carpet? I've seen that are more soft and flexible (not as the standard arms) and I was very confused ideas. Could you give me an explanation? Thanks so much
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ahhh... The high traction arms.

Well, I personally have never tried these arms on the TCX, or the Cyclone TC. I have always used the reversible arms because they are pretty awesome . But I will elaborate on my experiences on other cars I have driven in the past.

In lower grip conditions, I feel the soft arms can SOMETIMES be advantageous. They seem to make the setup window a little bigger (much like a softer chassis), and more notably steering around the middle of the corner. I'm not sure as to why, but the flex can make the geometry of the car change slightly (notably caster) as it goes through the corner. I feel maximum potential corner speed is lower though, so that is why I would only use super soft arms in very very extremely low bite conditions. Usually a little more durable too.

In high grip conditions, I have found they give really inconsistent results. Sometimes less grip, sometimes more. It really depends on what the tire is doing, and what the rest of the setup is like.

In the end, I still feel the carbon reversible suspension arms will be better in most conditions. Plus you get more tuning options!!! Hiro might jump in if he has some time in the near future and give his experience with the arms, as I don't have any direct experience with the arms on our cars.

Hope that helped a little bit???
Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 AM
frk
Tech Rookie

Default Re

Thanks for your opinion Korey!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Ahhh... The high traction arms.

Well, I personally have never tried these arms on the TCX, or the Cyclone TC. I have always used the reversible arms because they are pretty awesome . But I will elaborate on my experiences on other cars I have driven in the past.

In lower grip conditions, I feel the soft arms can SOMETIMES be advantageous. They seem to make the setup window a little bigger (much like a softer chassis), and more notably steering around the middle of the corner. I'm not sure as to why, but the flex can make the geometry of the car change slightly (notably caster) as it goes through the corner. I feel maximum potential corner speed is lower though, so that is why I would only use super soft arms in very very extremely low bite conditions. Usually a little more durable too.

In high grip conditions, I have found they give really inconsistent results. Sometimes less grip, sometimes more. It really depends on what the tire is doing, and what the rest of the setup is like.

In the end, I still feel the carbon reversible suspension arms will be better in most conditions. Plus you get more tuning options!!! Hiro might jump in if he has some time in the near future and give his experience with the arms, as I don't have any direct experience with the arms on our cars.

Hope that helped a little bit???
I totally agree with what Korey explained. I think that they make the setup window just a little bigger. Ultimately to accomplish the maximum corner speed, i would still recommend the reversible arms.

Thanks,
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

What's the part number of these reversible arms?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by markrobinson
What's the part number of these reversible arms?
67717 - the ones that come in the kit!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Ah sorry for being stupid!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

really interesting to read that people are/were using such small spurs/large pinions in their TC's.
i'll be running 17.5, soon... just reading up on FDR's for a med/large track, and it seems that i've been finding that 3.5-4.5 FDRs are optimal (read: i'm not running boost/turbo/advance timing software).

wondering if anyone actually fitted 20 tooth center pulleys on their TC in the past.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC
really interesting to read that people are/were using such small spurs/large pinions in their TC's.
i'll be running 17.5, soon... just reading up on FDR's for a med/large track, and it seems that i've been finding that 3.5-4.5 FDRs are optimal (read: i'm not running boost/turbo/advance timing software).

wondering if anyone actually fitted 20 tooth center pulleys on their TC in the past.
im thinking about Fitting 20tooth pullys to my Tc's But Need to do the homework to make sure i only spend the money 1s if you go back a page i posted a link to some 3racing parts that i think i might beable to make work..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.