R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #316
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
4xx is to much for car that no one of top drivers is running as it is from the box, if you will get all goodies in the box that andy and hara have to use to stay competitive with tamiyas then maybe 4xx is ok but xx have to be very low.
considering the 416x, BD-5W, AND T3 is ABOVE $550.. i think HB is thinking $450 is a good deal? (416x and T3 do not have lipo chassis, so you have to add those at $100 or more....)

i agree with you.. if this car is closer to $400 than it is $450 (pre-order at www.SpeedtechRC.com is the lowest ive seen so far)... then more ppl will be willing to buy it.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #317
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 119
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCX-p1070370.jpg   Hot Bodies TCX-p1070372.jpg  
Kingcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #318
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
kits !
When spare parts are available?
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:46 AM   #319
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Box stock TCX is already ready to compete.
Yes, Hara and Andy have been trying something different for testing purposes but that doesn't mean the stock chassis/parts are not competitive. We are always looking for the improvement and come up with something as option parts when we finalize them.

I hope you will have a chance to drive the TCX and you will see how it does.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks
Don't get me wrong,i'm hooked on HPI/HB i love that car, i'm 3 years in the row national champion with cyclone without factory team support. I have had 3 cyclones, i have drop to two WCE and TC, my WCE is updated to TC and on all of them i have ad what it takes to be redy to drive hottest motors, alu diff's, mip cvd's, DCJ's and all other goodies, i have box full of parts, i don't brake them i only change spares when the old ones need to be replaced.
I have buy all cyclones under $400 shipped, to that price i have to ad import custom cost around 25%. Now the new price is around $500usd shipped so it's a bit high as for me it would be $625 when i pay custom cost.
I would like to take new TCX to the race track soon but don't have funds like before, if the price stays the same it's more expencive here. With high USD against euro and TCX more expencive then old one i have to use my current cars and give my best to stay fastest one on the track.
Chears!
tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 AM   #320
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
considering the 416x, BD-5W, AND T3 is ABOVE $550.. i think HB is thinking $450 is a good deal? (416x and T3 do not have lipo chassis, so you have to add those at $100 or more....)

i agree with you.. if this car is closer to $400 than it is $450 (pre-order at www.SpeedtechRC.com is the lowest ive seen so far)... then more ppl will be willing to buy it.
Tamiya 416x price dropped to $439 at rcmart, and I have seen in live tamiyas 416 in action against others, and i think it's not all on drivers as all major races(euro/world/lrp/touring series) from 2008 till now are taken by 416 cars/drivers so i't can explane higher street price for tamiya.
HPI/HB is great car but new TCX seams to be little slower then tamiyas so i'm hopping that price will drop as all taems will have lipo chassis soon and i wana have one TCX at home
tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #321
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Price is not the lowest, but the fact that many parts of CT that I have are compatible, it is convenient for me
But for those who must acqustare TCX and parts, the price is expensive
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #322
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
Don't get me wrong,i'm hooked on HPI/HB i love that car, i'm 3 years in the row national champion with cyclone without factory team support. I have had 3 cyclones, i have drop to two WCE and TC, my WCE is updated to TC and on all of them i have ad what it takes to be redy to drive hottest motors, alu diff's, mip cvd's, DCJ's and all other goodies, i have box full of parts, i don't brake them i only change spares when the old ones need to be replaced.
I have buy all cyclones under $400 shipped, to that price i have to ad import custom cost around 25%. Now the new price is around $500usd shipped so it's a bit high as for me it would be $625 when i pay custom cost.
I would like to take new TCX to the race track soon but don't have funds like before, if the price stays the same it's more expencive here. With high USD against euro and TCX more expencive then old one i have to use my current cars and give my best to stay fastest one on the track.
Chears!
Hi tomislav,

Thanks for the input and also big thanks for your long term strong support. I really appreciate that. As for the price, we will continue try to provide great products at affordable price but i'm sure that you won't be disappointed with the new TCX and its performance. I hope you will have a chance to drive it very soon.

Please let me know your thoughts if you could have a chance to drive it.
Best regards,
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #323
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Send a message via AIM to Matt W
Default spur gears

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what the largest 48dp spur gear that will fit on the new tcx is? Can the new car take bigger spurs than the tc?
Matt W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #324
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
When spare parts are available?
Some parts instock !
other parts waitting HB release .
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #325
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what the largest 48dp spur gear that will fit on the new tcx is? Can the new car take bigger spurs than the tc?
need to use Xenon new VSS spur gear !
but this moment had 64P only
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #326
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

Please note, you do NOT need to use the Xenon VSS spur gears!

Luke
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #327
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcrab View Post
I'm looking at that lipo chassis on the TCX and boy does it look soft. A lot of cutouts ! Probably good on asphault but I'm wondering what it will be like on high grip carpet. I guess time will tell.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 AM   #328
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

@Luke
Update your Blog Dude ,It was nice to follow you
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #329
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

Lol yeah, it's been a while, throughout the TCX build though I will be doing a step by step build so at least that will be something to go on there.

:-)
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #330
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

That would be great
Good luck with your new car
Cheers
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net