Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
What kind of motor is he running? Is that a 2.5?
Its a HPI motor, 4.5T
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
The steering blocks that they used at the TITC is our prototype. We will test more and possible to sell as option parts later.

Thanks,
Well, I certainly hope so.

I went through three blocks last night, and I barely touched a board . This was also in our stock class, which is 17.5 un-boosted. I also ran the entire night running 13.5 boosted, and didn't have a problem.

I don't know if I got a bad batch of blocks or what, but I have *never* had blocks break that easily. I've got a bunch of x-ray blocks that I'm going to install on the cars, so hopefully that gets rid of that issue.

That, and the fragile front 'bones. Time to switch over to the pro-d shafts, I guess
Old 03-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Frustrated

Does anyone from HB read this thread? For as long as the TCX has been out people have been complaining about the aluminum bones and front knuckles. Nothing has been done on HB's side of things to rectify the problem. Instead, TCX owners have to either convert the car to use another mfr.'s stuff or buy stuff out of china and wait for at least a week. Another option is continue to buy parts that cost $10 each every time we need to race, if you can find them. I find this to be ridiculous and feel the people from HB need to do something about this. This is absurd and if something is not done about this soon XRAY here I come. At least you can get their parts and get out there and have a good time.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Does anyone from HB read this thread? For as long as the TCX has been out people have been complaining about the aluminum bones and front knuckles. Nothing has been done on HB's side of things to rectify the problem. Instead, TCX owners have to either convert the car to use another mfr.'s stuff or buy stuff out of china and wait for at least a week. Another option is continue to buy parts that cost $10 each every time we need to race, if you can find them. I find this to be ridiculous and feel the people from HB need to do something about this. This is absurd and if something is not done about this soon XRAY here I come. At least you can get their parts and get out there and have a good time.
Wow.... Oh yeah, and bye!!

No one is happy about it, but you daggone nasty about it - did you try contacting HPI/HB directly or are relying completely on an Internet forum?

When I ordered my HPI pro-d parts, I had them inside a week (from hong kong, I might add) which is as fast as my local shop can get parts and as fast (and faster then a few) as an order from tower hobbies

So yeah, it kinda sucks, but maybe work on improving your driving and stop hitting so much stuff instead of bitchin' online to a user forum
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
I have to say I kind of agree. Kind of silly to have to use another Manu. Parts to keep your car running. I don't have the time to file, cut, dremel etc parts to get them to work on my TCX. I really like my car and want to run their parts not any cars. If they have a particular parts that is weak they should at minimum make a better "upgrade" part that is a direct fit. And btw the out of stock issue is getting a little old. Having said that I will still no get rid of it as it is such a awesome car.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldnoob
Hi-LowBlow, is this a prototype thicker upper deck used in TITC?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rccartips
I was wondering if that was the case as well... I'm surprised no one noticed it before, but I guess they are all busy bitching about parts
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I know nobody is happy about it, read through the thread, parts availability makes up about 60% of it. Don't you think something should be done to solve the issue?

To answer your question about contacting them, Yes I did! The people I spoke to on the phone were oblivious. The forum seems it will be a better way of getting through to someone. I got you to respond, however you did not answer the question!! Does anyone from Hotbodies read this Thread??? I am trying to get through to someone there and have them read this thread.

I understand we can order parts from Hong Kong, I know that, I have the pro-d shafts coming(ordered them over a week ago), but why do we have to do that? The part is not even available here in the states, WHY?? Don't you feel they should be?

Nice comment on improving my driving!! However, I can't improve, there are no parts available to get it running again!!!

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Wow.... Oh yeah, and bye!!

No one is happy about it, but you daggone nasty about it - did you try contacting HPI/HB directly or are relying completely on an Internet forum?

When I ordered my HPI pro-d parts, I had them inside a week (from hong kong, I might add) which is as fast as my local shop can get parts and as fast (and faster then a few) as an order from tower hobbies

So yeah, it kinda sucks, but maybe work on improving your driving and stop hitting so much stuff instead of bitchin' online to a user forum
Old 03-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The pro-d was never released in the US so of course there are no parts. Steel shafts for the TCX are coming soon but not available yet. Hopefully soon. I am hoping they decide to release DCJs for the TCX but we will have to wait and see.

PS I am not a HB representative but I will do my best to help you if I see you at my local track.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Most US suppliers have DCJ's in stock right now. I ran some today both with the locked oneway "spool" and a Spec-R gear diff......... The gear diff really created a lot of steering that I loved, but I couldn't keep the inside front wheel down to get enough forward momentum. I will continue to work on it though.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Back to a legit question....

For you guys that went to the 3-hole piston, do you go heavier or lighter on the shock oil??
Old 03-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Yes It was the prototype 2.5mm upper deck. We have been testing some different upper decks and narrow it down to one for option parts. The one will be available pretty soon.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Im an avid cyclone owner and ready to jump the TCX wagon. And im getting tired of hearing of parts breakage. If you hit any car the right way parts will break. When I started racing I would break parts every week but as months go by you stop crashing as much and stop breaking as much.

So its either drivers like hitting boards or driving skill are not getting any better.

The only weakness I see in the car is the front bones. So the question Im asking is what upgrades would I need? First would be steel bones and a gear diff.

any other recommendations?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by goots
Im an avid cyclone owner and ready to jump the TCX wagon. And im getting tired of hearing of parts breakage. If you hit any car the right way parts will break. When I started racing I would break parts every week but as months go by you stop crashing as much and stop breaking as much.

So its either drivers like hitting boards or driving skill are not getting any better.

The only weakness I see in the car is the front bones. So the question Im asking is what upgrades would I need? First would be steel bones and a gear diff.

any other recommendations?
I hear so much about the bones breaking, etc. as well. I race EVERY week, sometimes twice a week and have YET to break my original bones since i got my car back in December. I do hit things once in a while..but not often. The bones are STILL intact.

Drive clean, drive smart, and keep checking on your car for everything and you should be fine.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Geetoo; 03-06-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.