R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #2161
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hkshobby.com has spec-r gear diffs
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #2162
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,919
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default SRW141

Hey Steve.
are you running the HB?
been a while...hopefully you make it up Horsham soon.

Quick question
How does everyone like the servo saver that comes with the kit?
Not sure if I should change it out.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT

Last edited by olhipster1; 02-18-2011 at 06:17 PM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #2163
Tech Addict
 
warnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

works fine for me.. got a Kimborough and it just looks like its the same servo saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Hey Steve.
are you running the HB?
been a while...hopefully you make it up Horsham soon.

Quick question
How does everyone like the servo saver that comes with the kit?
Not sure if I should change it out.
__________________
TCX Smokem / F104 wgp
Major Sponsor : Visa Card
TEAM SMA - www.smaracing.org
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #2164
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Send a message via AIM to Matt W
Default Topdeck screws

Hey,

Has anyone had trouble with the topdeck screws tightening after a few runs, sometimes they're almost impossible to get out!!

any ideas on solving this problem, perhaps grease or countersunk washers??
Matt W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #2165
Tech Regular
 
Ryan Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Ryan Maker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Hey,

Has anyone had trouble with the topdeck screws tightening after a few runs, sometimes they're almost impossible to get out!!

any ideas on solving this problem, perhaps grease or countersunk washers??
Hey Matt,

I'm using Alloy screws which solves the problem completely! I know what you mean though, i had the same problem. Titanium would probably be fine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Hey Steve.
are you running the HB?
been a while...hopefully you make it up Horsham soon.

Quick question
How does everyone like the servo saver that comes with the kit?
Not sure if I should change it out.
The kit one isn't the best, it has a strong spring, but it is short also, which causes it not to get good strong leverage on the steering rack. I went with a Tamiya Servo Saver, but using a 3 Racing Purple 18mm Alloy Horn, gives more leverage and is a great, strong servo saver!

Hope this helps!
Ryan.
__________________
Awesomatix - Muchmore - Silverback - Roche - Radtec - LeeSpeed - Protoform - Futaba - Hiro Seiko - SG PitDesign

RC MAKER - www.rcmaker.com.au
Ryan Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #2166
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Maker View Post
The kit one isn't the best, it has a strong spring, but it is short also, which causes it not to get good strong leverage on the steering rack. I went with a Tamiya Servo Saver, but using a 3 Racing Purple 18mm Alloy Horn, gives more leverage and is a great, strong servo saver!

Hope this helps!
Ryan.
Hey Ryan - do you happen to know the part number for that 3Racing arm?? I've been looking for that part
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #2167
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,224
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
Hey Ryan - do you happen to know the part number for that 3Racing arm?? I've been looking for that part
3RAC-HTS30/PU

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4064
__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #2168
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL View Post
thanks!!!
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #2169
Tech Regular
 
Ryan Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Ryan Maker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
thanks!!!
Thanks RAL, That one is actually the smaller version of the one i use.

I use http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4114

Which is 1,5mm taller, fits perfectly. Nothing wrong with that one, but i find the 18mm one to work better

Ryan.
__________________
Awesomatix - Muchmore - Silverback - Roche - Radtec - LeeSpeed - Protoform - Futaba - Hiro Seiko - SG PitDesign

RC MAKER - www.rcmaker.com.au
Ryan Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #2170
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Maker View Post
Thanks RAL, That one is actually the smaller version of the one i use.

I use http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4114

Which is 1,5mm taller, fits perfectly. Nothing wrong with that one, but i find the 18mm one to work better

Ryan.
thanks, mate!!
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #2171
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Ball cups

Anyone using different ball cups. The kit ones seem weak and they are not perfectly straight once screwed on.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #2172
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Screw kit

Also does anyone know where to get AND part number for upgraded screw kit for the TCX.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #2173
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Anyone using different ball cups. The kit ones seem weak and they are not perfectly straight once screwed on.
i've used the same ones on all my cyclones and they are anything but weak - especially the grey HPI ones that come in the kit...

alot of guys have swapped them out to get rid of some of the slack/slop in the suspension - not because of strength....I'm using Losi Type-R ends, opened up a little with an a hobby knife to allow the turnbuckle to start threading in...

as far as them not being straight - that's all on the assembler, man you need to pay attention and adjust as you build them because if a metal threaded rod (for all purposes) going into soft plastic - too much 'force' one way or the other will throw the rod off its straight course
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #2174
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
i've used the same ones on all my cyclones and they are anything but weak - especially the grey HPI ones that come in the kit...

alot of guys have swapped them out to get rid of some of the slack/slop in the suspension - not because of strength....I'm using Losi Type-R ends, opened up a little with an a hobby knife to allow the turnbuckle to start threading in...

as far as them not being straight - that's all on the assembler, man you need to pay attention and adjust as you build them because if a metal threaded rod (for all purposes) going into soft plastic - too much 'force' one way or the other will throw the rod off its straight course
Mine are not gray but good point on the assembler comment I will give it another go.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #2175
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
Hey all, thinking of picking up a TCX for outdoor racing on medium to low grip asphalt (parking lot). Any recommendations on what extra things I would want for setup/spares? This is for boosted 17.5.
Anyone? Are parts so scarce that you don't want to compete for spares with one more person?

Different front axles and front arms seem like a good idea for durability, but was hoping someone could point me to a setup sheet and/or any other helpful swaps for a good build. Went through the last 50 pages in this thread and didn't see a good listing.
__________________
Ultima RB5-SP2/HB D4 WCE/AE TC5R/AE 18R/Traxxas Blue Eagle
Sponsoring Futaba/Tekin/Thunder Power with my hard earned cash.
BlueEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net