Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
The steel one is in the process but currently we are not producing steel 46mm drive shafts even in Japan.

Thanks.
But some are still in stock somewhere... RCMarket just found them for me! What a pro!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anyone know of a upgraded (stronger) front driveshaft for the TCX? These purple ones that you get seem to be super weak for modified. Im up to my 6th one. Ive used TOP photon ones but there very small pin on the end of the dogbone and it flops around in outdrive cup.

anyone got a remedy? gotta be 46mm.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jarred King
Anyone know of a upgraded (stronger) front driveshaft for the TCX? These purple ones that you get seem to be super weak for modified. Im up to my 6th one. Ive used TOP photon ones but there very small pin on the end of the dogbone and it flops around in outdrive cup.

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....qka36nua059ll6
Old 01-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

these fit good?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Jarred. Antoni and myself were running yoke 45.5 steel universals and using the yoke steel out drives for the spool ground down to fit on the HB spool the other week at the SummerNats. Antoni was using the plastic out drives but broke one and changed to the steel.

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=7650

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=5901
Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

these fit good?
Direct fit. No modifications required.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Hugh,
Thanks, now i know why you guys were finishing races and i wasnt lol.

Never mind. .. . my driveshafts were braking when i hit the brakes on the straight. lol haha

I will get the HPI steel ones. Thanks all
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Hugh,
Thanks, now i know why you guys were finishing races and i wasnt lol.

Never mind. .. . my driveshafts were braking when i hit the brakes on the straight. lol haha

I will get the HPI steel ones. Thanks all
HPI # 88914 are perfect, can be mounted without modifications and is very durable, the use for many months, combined with the cup joint also have little chatering.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

does anyone run the blades on their front CVDs - and if so, is there an advantage aside from slower wear-n-tear on the spool outdrives?? I know that sounds like a newbie question, but only even seen them available for the TC for the rear CVDs
Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

The Yokomo Driveshafts/Spool Outdrives sound like a good idea for the TCX

........I've also gone through 6 of the Kit 46mm Driveshafts, since I've Owned the Car

A good alternative that I recently found & changed to were the 46mm Steel Driveshafts from Tamiya - Part No 51092.

........as the Pins are smaller on those, it meant that they had to be Removed, the Holes were then Opened up slightly with a 3/32 Drill Bit, so the Std TCX Pins(from a Broken pair of HB 46mm Driveshafts) could be Installed!

They are now an absolute Perfect Fit, allow me to carry on using the Std TCX Spool Outdrives & being Steel, they are Super Durable!!

.....it also still gives me the Option of using the 'Upgrade' HB POM Solid Axle Cup Joints(Part No 67731), if I ever decide to use them!

Dean.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I ran the Hotomo spool this weekend. Used BD5 steel outdrives, filed down to fit the HB spool. I used Tamiya steel 46mm drive shafts, the HB Axles & needle rollers. I also opted to use the TOP Photon Axle covers, and do away with using a grub screw in the needle roller to secure the pin. Also used the TOP pins that come with the covers as they are slightly longer than the HB items, and also used the BD5 pins that came with the outdrives to connect them at the spool.

Worked so well I didnt even have to think about them all weekend !!!

Im going to opt for the steel Yokomo 45.5mm shafts once they arrive as they are a snugger fit in the outdrives.

Pictures will be posted up tonight on www.UKRCRacer.co.uk !
Old 01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

If you put the oneway in as a spool you can run 44mm steel driveshafts with no mods.Anybody know if anybody got the gear diffs for these yet as i want one for our nationals in 14 days.
colin
Currently running a tamiya one.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
I ran the Hotomo spool this weekend.

Pictures will be posted up tonight on www.UKRCRacer.co.uk !
LOL, Hotomo, nice!

Look forward to the pics.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Click on the following link for a pic of the spool. The pics are large so bear with them loading up.

The pics are of the outdrives, filed down using a dremel and spinging up the outdrive in a drill to get a flater finish. The drive shafts are a combo of Tamiya, HB & TOP. I used the TOP drive pins through the hub and needle roller. I also used the Yokomo pins to secure the outdrives.

Spool Outdrives

Spool

Fitted Spool

Drive Shafts

Thank you to those drivers who had the ideas on what to use, helped me settle on this and it works a dream. Going to swap to Yokomo steel 45.5mm drive shafts as these WILL fit ok.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Click on the following link for a pic of the spool. The pics are large so bear with them loading up.

The pics are of the outdrives, filed down using a dremel and spinging up the outdrive in a drill to get a flater finish. The drive shafts are a combo of Tamiya, HB & TOP. I used the TOP drive pins through the hub and needle roller. I also used the Yokomo pins to secure the outdrives.

Spool Outdrives

Spool

Fitted Spool

Drive Shafts

Thank you to those drivers who had the ideas on what to use, helped me settle on this and it works a dream. Going to swap to Yokomo steel 45.5mm drive shafts as these WILL fit ok.

looks nice what are the red/pink thing around the drive shafts? if you got a part number, that would be cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.