R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #1921
Tech Initiate

Question,

Which of the two arms offer the most flex: kit #67717 or optional# 73506.

I've been following the setups that are from the Vegas race and my car sounds and feels like it's pulling the carpet up.

The three things I've done different are the optional arms, raised roll centers by replacing 1mm and 1.5mm shims with 2mm shims, and last but not least I used Tamiya 1.1 3 hole pistons because I can't get the HB pistons.

I hate to say it but the car felt better with the kit pistons and I'm thinking that the 3 hole pistons with the optional arms is way too much grip.
silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #1922
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silky View Post
Question,

Which of the two arms offer the most flex: kit #67717 or optional# 73506.

I've been following the setups that are from the Vegas race and my car sounds and feels like it's pulling the carpet up.

The three things I've done different are the optional arms, raised roll centers by replacing 1mm and 1.5mm shims with 2mm shims, and last but not least I used Tamiya 1.1 3 hole pistons because I can't get the HB pistons.

I hate to say it but the car felt better with the kit pistons and I'm thinking that the 3 hole pistons with the optional arms is way too much grip.
I feel the optional has more flex than the std arms. I am using the optional arms.

Return back to the 1.5 shims, keep the Tamiya pistons (I use them), and maybe move the front arms forward a bit. Take some of the transfer weight out.

Could you post your setup??? Or is it the exact same as Hara's?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #1923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

i dont get it, they are really doing a decent job at restocking parts for the TCX at Hotbodies USA however the outer hingepins and steering block bushings are ALWAYS out of stock?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #1924
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
i dont get it, they are really doing a decent job at restocking parts for the TCX at Hotbodies USA however the outer hingepins and steering block bushings are ALWAYS out of stock?
Hi B18C Turbo,
We should be getting both of them early next month. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thank you.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #1925
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
Hi B18C Turbo,
We should be getting both of them early next month. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thank you.
And maybe get HPI japan to send you guys some nice steel 46 mm bones for everyone since the part number is only available in asia and there is no way for us to get some
Old 01-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #1926
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngo8 View Post
And maybe get HPI japan to send you guys some nice steel 46 mm bones for everyone since the part number is only available in asia and there is no way for us to get some
plus-100, we all would like the steel dogbones!
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #1927
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The steel one is in the process but currently we are not producing steel 46mm drive shafts even in Japan.

Thanks.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #1928
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Galdo View Post
I feel the optional has more flex than the std arms. I am using the optional arms.

Return back to the 1.5 shims, keep the Tamiya pistons (I use them), and maybe move the front arms forward a bit. Take some of the transfer weight out.

Could you post your setup??? Or is it the exact same as Hara's?
Same as Hara's set-up with the three changes I mentioned earlier. I'm even running Jaco Blue's on Gen-3 ozite like they used in Vegas.

Off throttle the car feels like it's on fly-paper, on throttle I can stay in the trigger longer but I'm having to wait on the car to rotate in the slower turns. The car is not bound up and rolls free but has too much traction in the corners.

I also changed the oil from 35wt to 40wt.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #1929
Tech Apprentice

I would like to put some questions:

1. What about next specifics hop up for tcx (eg. gear diff, or other new parts ) ? Is HB coming out with something or not? Can't wait for new interesting parts!
2. Is hot bodies aware the problems we are facing all around the world to find spare parts or not? I think an important brand must take in consideration such a problem! Do you agree with me?

Thank you so much in advance for a kind reply!
Regards

Gabriele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
The steel one is in the process but currently we are not producing steel 46mm drive shafts even in Japan.

Thanks.
moraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #1930
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silky View Post
Same as Hara's set-up with the three changes I mentioned earlier. I'm even running Jaco Blue's on Gen-3 ozite like they used in Vegas.

Off throttle the car feels like it's on fly-paper, on throttle I can stay in the trigger longer but I'm having to wait on the car to rotate in the slower turns. The car is not bound up and rolls free but has too much traction in the corners.

I also changed the oil from 35wt to 40wt.
I don't know if this is the case for you but when my dog bones were worn, they where sorta egg shaped at the joint and slightly bound the car only during the turn. I could see the car slow down mid turn as if driving through tacky clay. Just an idea.

Also, tire additive was a problem for me. I use less of it and sometimes none at all on the fronts cause it would create too much bite during the first few or more laps.

I am nearly using the Hara setup except I have 2.25 under the rear suspension blocks for more bite, which might be helping the car push forward more. It stopped two things. The front from biting hard and the rear from breaking free. There is 1mm under the ball link on the rear bulkhead. 45wt oil in all shocks. Pink and blue springs.

With the Pro4 arms, they are moved forward all the way. With the part shortage I put in XRAY knuckles and Hudy ECS spring steel drive shafts. The front is super smooth/free in the turns.

I hope you find your setup. Don't know what it is like to run on Gen3 carpet, I am sure we have the Gen2 type.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #1931
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Galdo View Post
I don't know if this is the case for you but when my dog bones were worn, they where sorta egg shaped at the joint and slightly bound the car only during the turn. I could see the car slow down mid turn as if driving through tacky clay. Just an idea.

Also, tire additive was a problem for me. I use less of it and sometimes none at all on the fronts cause it would create too much bite during the first few or more laps.

I am nearly using the Hara setup except I have 2.25 under the rear suspension blocks for more bite, which might be helping the car push forward more. It stopped two things. The front from biting hard and the rear from breaking free. There is 1mm under the ball link on the rear bulkhead. 45wt oil in all shocks. Pink and blue springs.

With the Pro4 arms, they are moved forward all the way. With the part shortage I put in XRAY knuckles and Hudy ECS spring steel drive shafts. The front is super smooth/free in the turns.

I hope you find your setup. Don't know what it is like to run on Gen3 carpet, I am sure we have the Gen2 type.
I also thought my front spool and dogbones were binding. I was using TOP 46mm dogbones and blades with HB spool with the cups opened up to accept TOP blades.

I installed a new spool and HB 46mm dogbones and its doing the exact same thing.
Now I'm starting to think maybe I need to go softer and let the car roll suspension
wise and not from arm flex.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #1932
Tech Rookie

TCX is the winner today. It was drove by Hara. He was really awesome. (FRF Track Thailand).

I'm stand aside of Track :P
Showbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #1933
Tech Apprentice

I need some drive shafts for my TCX, but i'm not sure which mod to carry out. Do i use xray, top or yokomo drive shafts, opinions please..
Jim_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #1934
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showbiz View Post
TCX is the winner today. It was drove by Hara. He was really awesome. (FRF Track Thailand).

I'm stand aside of Track :P
Any YouTube of it???
Old 01-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #1935
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_1987 View Post
I need some drive shafts for my TCX, but i'm not sure which mod to carry out. Do i use xray, top or yokomo drive shafts, opinions please..
I was reading after I completed my mod the Yokomo option which seems simple and cheaper.

I drilled the steel HB outdrives to accept the HUDY ECS driveshafts. I pulled the pins from worn HB dog bones and pressed them into the HUDY bones so I would not have to mess with blades. Can't say it was entirely fun. Keeping the pin aligned to press in the dog bone was frustrating. Took several attemps. But, the results on the track made up for the hassles.

Yeah, I would have gone with the Yokomo option...