R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #1666
Tech Elite
 
mangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,981
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

You didnt by any chance con ryan into loaning you his gear diff for a test did you?
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone!!!
www.smaracing.org
www.rchobbies.com.au - www.feralbatteries.com.au
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:37 AM   #1667
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
You didnt by any chance con ryan into loaning you his gear diff for a test did you?
I already tested one at the Metro masters I will hopefully have one soon
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #1668
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,402
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone of a buy link for the Spec R TCX Gear Diff?
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Mon-Tech Racing USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #1669
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,540
Default

I m still building mine. Do you guys add more spacers in addition to the included 0.2mm spacers on the axle (between the wheel hex and the uprights), coz there's still play if I move the assemble wheel hex which is not to my liking.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #1670
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
Does anyone of a buy link for the Spec R TCX Gear Diff?
Has Spec R made one for TCX already?
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #1671
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,402
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Has Spec R made one for TCX already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
It seems that the Spec R gear diff is (finally) available for TCX!!!

No DIY anymore!!!
Just waiting on the link.
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Mon-Tech Racing USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #1672
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I m still building mine. Do you guys add more spacers in addition to the included 0.2mm spacers on the axle (between the wheel hex and the uprights), coz there's still play if I move the assemble wheel hex which is not to my liking.
I personally didnt, dont have hardly any movement myself.. maybe about .1

Only shimming i messed about with was for the steering rack, that thing is nasty after a couple of runs, so gave it some attention.
steveonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #1673
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveonamission View Post
I personally didnt, dont have hardly any movement myself.. maybe about .1

Only shimming i messed about with was for the steering rack, that thing is nasty after a couple of runs, so gave it some attention.
Thanks, will do that.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #1674
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
Just waiting on the link.
The gear diff. Spec-R will be available in January, yet no link.
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #1675
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey Carl, since you didn't come by yesterday, I put your 46mm bones back online!

We also got some arms, diff screw sets, sway bar sets and belts in
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #1676
Tech Regular
 
M3Armand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I m still building mine. Do you guys add more spacers in addition to the included 0.2mm spacers on the axle (between the wheel hex and the uprights), coz there's still play if I move the assemble wheel hex which is not to my liking.
Speaking of "play and not to liking", has anyone done anything about the play on the shock mounts? There's actually NO play in the direction of the shock movement, but all 4 shocks move forwards and backwards along the screw lines. I'm thinking it's pretty pathetic. But maybe there's a reason for this?
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #1677
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,603
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I have also noticed the shock play. I was looking at my buddies and his does not have it. From what I can see, if you tighten the nuts farther it compresses the plastic and forms a bulge that takes the play right out. So, I think we just need to tighten them further.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #1678
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
Speaking of "play and not to liking", has anyone done anything about the play on the shock mounts? There's actually NO play in the direction of the shock movement, but all 4 shocks move forwards and backwards along the screw lines. I'm thinking it's pretty pathetic. But maybe there's a reason for this?
You can reduce the movement of the shock by making a cut with a cutter as shown in the drawing, but I would not worry so much about this movement also serves to self-center shock absorbers during movement.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1293746183
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCX-supporti-ammo.png  
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #1679
Tech Regular
 
M3Armand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I have also noticed the shock play. I was looking at my buddies and his does not have it. From what I can see, if you tighten the nuts farther it compresses the plastic and forms a bulge that takes the play right out. So, I think we just need to tighten them further.
I thought about "compressing" the plastic.... But then that would add unnecessary friction since it's the "pivot" point for the shock... I was thinking of adding rubber grommets (or an O ring), but I'm wondering what the "official" assembly is supposed to be.

Can any factory driver chime in here?
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #1680
Tech Regular
 
steveonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 346
Default

im confused on this part... checking mine, they are correct length, so when i tighten the nut to the start of the shock plastic mounts, the only movement the shock has then is the correct amount of pivot movement... strange.
steveonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net