R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How Do I get Hurricane to sponser me? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/38580-how-do-i-get-hurricane-sponser-me.html)

HK Racing Joe 04-18-2004 01:29 PM

How Do I get Hurricane to sponser me?

THis is hard... I race at the same track as Brad Johnson and Kevin Kane( RSJ Raceways). I don't do good but I really want sponsership. What are some good ways to get sponsered?

jiggamacdaddy 04-18-2004 01:31 PM

beat them alot ;)

HK Racing Joe 04-18-2004 01:40 PM

that's one way but i don't run 19T foam I run Super stock

Andrew Ellis 04-18-2004 01:46 PM

Why don't you talk to Brad about it instead of asking how to get sponsered... The biggest thing of being sponsered is going to the big races and being a good representive of the company....

Sleighty 04-18-2004 01:46 PM

I realised recently that all you have to do is exactly what other manufacturers say on their sites about getting sponsored. Be fast and your 90% there, be well behaved and your almost there. Suck up to the dudes who dish on the sponsorship is a good idea.
Set out your stuff neatly and be organised etc.
If you can do all that and be very fast then you will get sponsorship as (hopefully) getting it soon and ive found thats the best way to attract sponsors:nod:

True R/C Racing 04-18-2004 04:16 PM

Just race, Always help People the most you can. Dont be a prick to people and Cocky if your better than Somone. Be respectful to the track even if you lose:nod:

futureal 04-18-2004 04:43 PM

I'm not sure why everybody wants to be sponsored so badly.

Myth: Sponsorship means you save a lot of money.
Reality: Unless you are in the top 1% of drivers in the country, you end up spending MORE to maintain your level of racing than those who aren't sponsored. I know plenty of guys with battery, motor and even chassis sponsorships who then have to buy loads of tires and parts because they race more often, and have to spend a ton on travel to get to big events.

Myth: Sponsorship will make other racers/people respect you.
Reality: Being a consistent driver who finishes in the top 5% at local events and the top 10% at national events will make other racers/people respect you. Being courteous, helpful and professional at the track will make others respect you as well.

Myth: A racer's worth is measured in his number of sponsors.
Reality: At the end of the day, nobody cares who is sponsored by who, and all that matters is what you do on the track and how you act at the track.

Myth: You have to be sponsored to be fast.
Reality: Absolutely false. Thanks to the internet, coupled with competition in the battery market and the relabel motor market, anybody can be as fast as anybody else. It takes a lot of time, hard work and dedication to learning everything you can about the sport.

Myth: Being sponsored is the best thing ever.
Reality: Suppose you are sponsored by ACME, but everybody has confirmed that Brand X is faster. What do you do now? You can't run Brand X without ditching your sponsor, and if you run Brand X "under the table" you risk making an idiot of yourself. What do you do? Sponsorship can be very restrictive.

Any other questions? Why DO you want to be sponsored?

etzkev 04-18-2004 04:52 PM

Originally posted by futureal
I'm not sure why everybody wants to be sponsored so badly.

Myth: Sponsorship means you save a lot of money.
Reality: Unless you are in the top 1% of drivers in the country, you end up spending MORE to maintain your level of racing than those who aren't sponsored. I know plenty of guys with battery, motor and even chassis sponsorships who then have to buy loads of tires and parts because they race more often, and have to spend a ton on travel to get to big events.

Myth: Sponsorship will make other racers/people respect you.
Reality: Being a consistent driver who finishes in the top 5% at local events and the top 10% at national events will make other racers/people respect you. Being courteous, helpful and professional at the track will make others respect you as well.

Myth: A racer's worth is measured in his number of sponsors.
Reality: At the end of the day, nobody cares who is sponsored by who, and all that matters is what you do on the track and how you act at the track.

Myth: You have to be sponsored to be fast.
Reality: Absolutely false. Thanks to the internet, coupled with competition in the battery market and the relabel motor market, anybody can be as fast as anybody else. It takes a lot of time, hard work and dedication to learning everything you can about the sport.

Myth: Being sponsored is the best thing ever.
Reality: Suppose you are sponsored by ACME, but everybody has confirmed that Brand X is faster. What do you do now? You can't run Brand X without ditching your sponsor, and if you run Brand X "under the table" you risk making an idiot of yourself. What do you do? Sponsorship can be very restrictive.

Any other questions? Why DO you want to be sponsored?

Those are some good points futureal. Here is an addition to your "Myth: Sponsorship means you save a lot of money." : Not all sponsored people even get all their stuff for free. A lot of them might get it for cost, like 50% off, or something like that.

Andrew Ellis 04-18-2004 04:55 PM

Shane getten busy YEAH WHAT OKAY:nod: :nod:

HK Racing Joe 04-18-2004 05:03 PM

I want to be sponsered because I like their batteries I don't care about the free stuff. I just like Hurricane so much I want to be able to say " i'm sponsered by Hurricane Motorsports"

True R/C Racing 04-18-2004 05:06 PM

Originally posted by HKlosi
I want to be sponsered because I like their batteries I don't care about the free stuff. I just like Hurricane so much I want to be able to say " i'm sponsered by Hurricane Motorsports"
:weird:

True R/C Racing 04-18-2004 05:10 PM

What does this Accomplish?:confused:

DavidAlford 04-18-2004 05:18 PM

You find out who your real friends are when your sponsored...

Andrew Ellis 04-18-2004 05:22 PM

That just says what image will do for a company:sneaky:

etzkev 04-18-2004 05:36 PM

Originally posted by DavidAlford
You find out who your real friends are when your sponsored...
I dont fully agree with that statement (unless you were being sarcastic). When you are sponsored, there are a lot of suck-ups that will just pretend to like you to try and get something out of you. When you aren't sponsored, then your real friends will stay friends with you no matter if you have a sponsor or not, and if this doesn't happen, then they arent real friends . :lol: Do you kind of understand what I'm saying? I just had a little trouble putting it into words! :p

-etzkev