Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin iphone app >

Tekin iphone app

Tekin iphone app

Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

First of all, I think this whole thing is BS. I do hope it happens though.

But, its a whole catch 22 situation.

Let's say Tekin did know about this months ago. So then you get a bunch if apple people holding out. Delay, delay, delay. The delay could have taken a lot longer than expected and some people would have probably rather bought a netbook then wait. And what if it didn't release, and you were waiting all this time? Would you be pissed?

The whole vegas 203 was kind of a suprise. Imagine if you bought another ESC a week before?

I'm just saying. You can't be upset(I guess you could be. You have every right to be upset over what ever you want.) Tekin is going to release info when they feel it is best. Some will be happy and some will be pissed. They have been doing a good job so far. I think most will be happy if this is true.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

My post was just speculation of the upsetedness by folks. Not the expression of. I think people tend to want to know more, sooner. Sure netbooks seems like a relatively cheap item in comparison to RC stuff but it's still a significant purchase.

I agree, I think BS but it would be cool.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So to sum up all devolpment should be stopped of anythig new becasue people already have what is out there?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DG Designs
So to sum up all devolpment should be stopped of anythig new becasue people already have what is out there?
Wow someone doesn't get it.

The complaints will be regarding the communication of upcoming products, not the enhancement of technology. New technology is great. Not communicating it while people buy less appealing technology not so much.

Last edited by or8ital; 04-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i think this is great...if you bought or own a laptop...you can connect with that and play music at the track etc....

if you own an iphone /itouch you can connect with that and still play music at the track!

i would love to see this make it to the market...would save a ton of pit space! (also you could make those last second changes right before you get on the drivers stand!)
Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

I agree. I own a laptop that I lug around to the track just for setting up my speedo. I would love to be able to use my iPhone instead...would save tons of room!

Make it happen Tekin!!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
After buying my first Mac in November I'll never own another PC unless I have to for some stupid reason!!! Its worked as good as all my Iphones Ive had since they came out...Flawless!

EA
My $1050 Hackintosh is faster than a $5000 Mac Pro. Running OSX 10.6.3 like a dream, and man is it quick. I can TQ ripping/encoding DVD's every time! I love me some Apple, but I'm done paying the Apple Tax for their hardware.

I too hope the Tekin thing is real. It seems perfectly doable, especially with the dock API being open now.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I get it just fine. If companies always told you what was in development why would you ever buy the current offereing knowing full well it was going to outdated. Speaking of Macs they are the prime example of this. They almost NEVER release details until it is ready for sale. I am not so sure the Ipad is not the first time they have taken preorders. The only reason they did that i think is becasue they dont currently offer anyhting quite like it so they wouldnt be taking aways sales from themselves.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

When I was out at IIC I spoke to Randy about this and he did mention someone was working on a iPhone app but couldn't say more...so I don't doubt this is a possibility.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I get it just fine. If companies always told you what was in development why would you ever buy the current offereing knowing full well it was going to outdated. Speaking of Macs they are the prime example of this. They almost NEVER release details until it is ready for sale. I am not so sure the Ipad is not the first time they have taken preorders. The only reason they did that i think is becasue they dont currently offer anyhting quite like it so they wouldnt be taking aways sales from themselves.
Clearly you don't. Tekin does not sell iPhones nor Netbooks.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

or8ital, the dude is right man.

Nobody would have a right to cry at Tekin if they bought a laptop and then a sweet new phone ap was released, even if it was the next day. Seriously, if they can't find another use for a laptop, and would actually buy one ONLY because they want to use the hotwire, then God help them. Wow.

Besides, not everyone is walking around with an iphone, itouch, ipad, i whatever........ I'm apple free and proud of it.

Android or blackberry... that's more like it.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

i hope this is going to happen.

If so, do we need to buy an all new Hotwire? Judging by the pic, it looks like a full size usb is connected to the Hotwire instead of the mini usb that's included with current Hotwire setups.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Seriously, if they can't find another use for a laptop, and would actually buy one ONLY because they want to use the hotwire, then God help them. Wow.

right on man. i bought my netbook for the hotwire, and can't say my feelings are hurt because you may be able to use the software on a iPhone in the future if its that big of a deal, sell your laptop and buy a iphone than personaly i like using my laptop outside of the track too!! plus tunes in the pits are a must for big races

life goes on if technology advances guys. i think its great for iphone users and tekin racing as a company to keep them motavated and to stay ahead of the competition
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

Besides, not everyone is walking around with an iphone, itouch, ipad, i whatever........ I'm apple free and proud of it.

Android or blackberry... that's more like it.
+1
Old 04-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckyaga
So I was hanging around with Randy in the pits and he had this out and working on some speedos. While he ran off to take care of something, I snapped a quick pic

sorry Randy.. don't hate me

Like that car in the pic guys

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.