Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 Alum arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC3 Alum arms

does any one know where i can buy aluminum a-arms for the TC3 online off someone who takes money orders or checks or paypal
Old 04-18-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

don't get them!!!!! the arms brake so then another part doesn't that might be hard to fix
Old 04-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

why do want alum arms. if you go into a big crash with normal arms they usually brake, but if you go into a big crash with alum ones they might bend and you might not notice, you might be scratching your head for weeks and saying "what's wrong with my car, why ain't it handling like it used to"
Old 04-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.hobbyetc.com
Old 04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well i know they are supposed to break.... i just want them for style to show off when im not racing
Old 04-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by LancerEVO
Well i know they are supposed to break.... i just want them for style to show off when im not racing
Seems like a big waste of money
Old 04-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the arms were designed for show not go... i seen a few guys get them and the first day after a few wrecks they were bent.... big ol waste of money...... i belive they are 6065 aluminum which is soft... and bends.. 7075 wich is the good stuff is strang but they snap and break... if this is for a how car go for it, would make a nice touch.. but if this is for a race car dont waste the money.. u will be sorry u did....u could get some good stuff for that money instead...

any aluminum suspension part that hangs of the chassis will bend or break... plastic and composite actually have a bit of flex which helps in an impact.....

stiff aluminum arm in a big wreck not only damages the arm.. but the hinge pin. and posibly the arm mounts.. so u arent just out arms u are out more...