Blue rear???

Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)
Default Blue rear???

Ok,

So I got some 12th rear tires with a blue sticker on them and they work great... problem is I don't know who makes/made them.... Any idea? They are on Gray wheels??? would a pic help?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Ok,

So I got some 12th rear tires with a blue sticker on them and they work great... problem is I don't know who makes/made them.... Any idea? They are on Gray wheels??? would a pic help?
Hmmm... A picture might help, but I'll take a shot based on your description...

If the 'sticker' you mention is a blue 'dot' about 1/4" in diameter, that is the indicator of the foam used -- in this case 'Blue'. (NOTE: some companies have "shades" of colors -- JACO, for instance had an 'Aqua' tire and the 'dot' was just a slightly lighter shade of "blue"...)

Gray rims (assuming they are "spoked" design) probably means they are (ProLine)/JACO... ProLine and JACO parted ways and they are now simply 'JACO', with a slightly different rim:
http://www.jacoracing.net/prism_1_12.html

I've attached a rather "ratty" pic of some 1/12th tires and the grey rims at the top/center are "JACO's" if that helps...
Attached Thumbnails Blue rear???-oct24007.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I believe TRC used to make a blue compound. They wore like iron but didn't quite have enough grip IMO. They were good beginner tires but when you got faster and really pushed the car they'd start slipping.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

They have to be older jaco. CRC gray's or yellows with some sauce work great, but the blue/aqua I have are just a tad better even without sauce...
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Dad
I believe TRC used to make a blue compound. They wore like iron but didn't quite have enough grip IMO. They were good beginner tires but when you got faster and really pushed the car they'd start slipping.
True -- That is why I mentioned the JACO 'Aqua', which was sort of a Green/Blue combination -- I never got 'Blue' to work on the rear for me, but Aqua was a handy option...