Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Quad Mag 19 Turn Motor, Not ROAR Legal?! >

Reedy Quad Mag 19 Turn Motor, Not ROAR Legal?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Quad Mag 19 Turn Motor, Not ROAR Legal?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Regional Moderator

What about the Matrix V10R 19s motor.

I don't have one in hand to check against the rules but from what I know about it I think it is legal. Can anyone check this motor out. It would be nice to have at least one other motor option for 2005.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would like to know too what 19 turns will be legal this year as 19 turn buggy is popular here.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Reedy Quad Mag 19 Turn Motor, Not ROAR Legal?!

Originally posted by Cain
I just did a quick re-read of the ROAR rules for 19 Turn motors, and it appears that the Reedy Quad Mag is not ROAR legal based off of the the following:

5-48 .... "commerically available at a retail price of less than $50"

The Quad Mag non- handwound version retails on AE website for $54.95 . Based on the rule, is the Quad Mag Now not ROAR legal?

Anyone know more about this?
I think that was referring to the ACTUAL hobby store price of less then $50......not the MSRP price $50...again, MSRP is what REEDY suggested dealer to sell at, not necessary need to be like that price range.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The "4 Magnets Team Modified Motor 19S" SCM1901Q
Would not be legal.

Over $50 and Hemi wrapped

The MATRIX QUAD Magnets 19S SPEC Motor (NEW) M1903R ??????
Old 01-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Regional Moderator

It's possible that you are correct Rookie. But that still leaves the other two items keeping it from ROAR legal status.

BTW... is there a part number I can use to order a C2 that would insure I get a cross-wrapped armature?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Well, just ask around, who DID use that motor on the recent ROAR race without any trouble...?
Or who saw anyone used that motor on 19T class under ROAR event and have no trouble....?

But overall, call ROAR or email them...........probably suggest them to list Reedy 19T Quat Mag motor IS (or IS NOT) Legal. This motor is out for a while and I can't believe there are no clear answer of that...
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Company Representative

All rules are based off of MSRP.....

As a dealer may sell the item for whatever price.

What about a sponsored driver getting for free?
How would that fit in with what you pay at tha LHS as part of the rules?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Tres... I am referring to the blue can 19s motor.

M1902R
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Rookie... I'll ask around to see who has used this motor at a ROAR sanctioned event but I doubt I'll find much. As for asking ROAR directly the answer we got was that no MFG has submitted a 19t motor for approval so barring a specific approval any motor must conform to ALL the rules to be considered legal. In that case the Reedy is NOT legal. Some versions of the C2 were not cross-wrapped and would also not be considered legal.

Can somebody that knows about motors check out the matrix link above and see if the armature they show for that motor looks like the correct wrap?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Company Representative

Hard to tell from the pic.

Looks like Mach. wrap and is under the cost.
But????

ROAR needs to add a 19T section to the aproved motor list.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tres
All rules are based off of MSRP.....

As a dealer may sell the item for whatever price.

What about a sponsored driver getting for free?
How would that fit in with what you pay at tha LHS as part of the rules?
I think that rule does have a wording problem....why not using MSRP..? And what is (define) "...commerically available at a retail price ...."

Commercially available can be involved with 3 groups of ppl.

(1) MFR (Reedy) to distributer like TOWER or HORIZON.
(2) Distributer to LHS
(3) LHS to customer like me and you.....

Those 3 groups of ppl are all under the term ".......commerically available..........."

Then, Retail price....all the places listed above can be all considered RETAIL.......

But the key is........NONE of the 3 listed above will pay more then $50 NO MATTER WHAT...............except, Reedy, only listed the MSRP price for $54.....

That sticker price $54............will answer the question, only IF ROAR stated like this....."...commerically available at a MSRP price of more then $50...."

Simple as that....
Old 01-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Yes ROAR does need to add an approved 19t "super stock" motor section. However, the manufacturers have to submit the motors to ROAR for inspection before ROAR will add them to the list. None of the motor mfg's have done that yet.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by UnderDaHill
Yes ROAR does need to add an approved 19t "super stock" motor section. However, the manufacturers have to submit the motors to ROAR for inspection before ROAR will add them to the list. None of the motor mfg's have done that yet.
Just like ROAR did to the body.........just simply listed commercially availble 19T motor, the BRAND and MODEL.

If we don't see REEDY Quat 19T motor on it, that is illegal, simple and easy...
Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Regional Moderator

I agree the wording is bad. Lets just put that rule on hold for now. The other two rules I mentioned still prevent the Reedy QM from being legal. So if you go to a ROAR sanctioned event and want to run 19t you may want to check with the race director to see what he/she has to say about using the Reedy or any other 19t motor.

Keep in mind that I am going of the 2004 rules on the ROAR website as I do not have access to the 2005 rules yet. If somebody does have access to the 2005 ROAR rules you may want to verify that the three rules I listed above still apply in 2005.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Yes... having a list would be nice. But we don't and will not likely have one in the near future.

In that case we have to apply the rules to our motor of choice. The Reedy fails in that comparison. So until they come out with a list of approved motors with the Reedy on it or Reedy changes the motor to conform to all the rules (not likely) the Reedy will remain an illegal motor for ROAR events.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.