Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, I've got my car moving quite nicely now with a Stock Motor, especially after I:

removed sway bars
moved springs up one notch (blue front, yellow rear)
changed camber to around 1 degree
changed to 4 degree caster blocks
changed diff tension and spur gear while I was at it
Put the one-way in

Now the car is, well almost dialled. Only a few things that are slightly weird, but that's more that I need to practice a bit more. This is only my 2nd PROPER car after my first being an F201. It's amazing that difference going from an open wheeler to a touring car, because I can't see the wheels as well so its not quite as easy to see how the car is reacting. Funny feeling, but getting used to it more and more every day.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

thats ok.mite even bring a little surprise wiv me hehe
Old 11-15-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by trf racer
thats ok.mite even bring a little surprise wiv me hehe
Ere.... have you had any trouble with the Orion (Peak) Revolution, or whatever its called. ppl are going on about reliability, springs popping out etc...

Is there any RPM/torque advantage on those over a standard endbell type?

Its either one of those or a D4 10x2 for Barham. The latter is mega-revvy.

You know what... Alex was the only one doing mod in the open and on Sunday, with but 5 rounds to go, three of the CLUB are doing mod as well, sort of as if they are trying to do him out of a trophy.

I wouldn't entirley assure them of success based on what I saw. A wheel came off one (unforgivable) and Mr Harrop decided he liked flying, just like you did!

I have dropped the Fantom 9x2 back in the car in now Alex can handle the 12 OK.

See you Friday.

Pointless asking what the surprise is or it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

nope no trouble with the v2.
for barham with a no motor limit id go wiv about a 9*1 and gear at about 9.23.for barham.
the v2 doesnt have as much power/torque as the conventional type endbells but i had a surikarn version [12*1]with convention endbell on and it was faster then my 8*1 with v2 endbell.
true about the 'surprise'but how do u think i wud do if i raced this friday.matter for me is 415 or evo4?which u think?or perhaps me evo3 sl?lol.anycase il c u friday
Old 11-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

nope no trouble with the v2.
for barham with a no motor limit id go wiv about a 9*1 and gear at about 9.23.for barham.
the v2 doesnt have as much power/torque as the conventional type endbells but i had a surikarn version [12*1]with convention endbell on and it was faster then my 8*1 with v2 endbell.
true about the 'surprise'but how do u think i wud do if i raced this friday.matter for me is 415 or evo4?which u think?or perhaps me evo3 sl?lol.anycase il c u friday
Evo 4 is quicker than the 3, no question. I've never heard of a 415 indoors.

If the conventional bell motors are better than the revolutions, why use them?

So, I'l keep the 9*2 Fantom in and gear about 9-ish. That ought to burn some arses?? Mind you, I quite like the look of the Trinity D4 10*2, revving at 41K??
Old 11-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i was wondering if anyone had tried a EVO4 with the "old" suspension from the 415..?

does this make sense ?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EVOtech

So, I'l keep the 9*2 Fantom in and gear about 9-ish. That ought to burn some arses?? Mind you, I quite like the look of the Trinity D4 10*2, revving at 41K??
lol.yep 415 on polished wood with fixed centre pully and front spool.
the secret to the v2 motors is to use a one turn lower then u normally would although these motors are stil very good for 12 turn limit.
the brushes last over twice as long and the effeciancy in cooling is a lot better.
with the motors you described above you prob have to cut the comm and new brushes every race.with v2 u dont.
anyway il speak to u on friday and pls can you save my 'usual'space at eltham lol.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Patriiick
i was wondering if anyone had tried a EVO4 with the "old" suspension from the 415..?

does this make sense ?
i tried this but the car understeere a lot more bc the front wishbones are further forward.
and you cant adjust the wheelbase font and rear.didnt produce as much grip overall on carpet.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Squat bearings ?

Just been looking at squat bearings on the R10 site and just wondered which are the best to get and do you have to order the 950 one's on their own ?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EVOtech

could you get me 4 schumacher yellow mini pins [21mm wide ]with some 21mm wide whels for friday.no one i tried has them
Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm interested in getting a Evo4...

what's the pro and con of this car? I read a few pages back and there are people having tweak problem and breaking a-arms. Is there a fix yet?

what kind of "must have" hopup does the car need?
Old 11-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

could you get me 4 schumacher yellow mini pins [21mm wide ]with some 21mm wide whels for friday.no one i tried has them
i think you can get schumacher stuff off their website www.racing-cars.com

Chazz
Old 11-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Chazz
i think you can get schumacher stuff off their website www.racing-cars.com

Chazz
do they sell direct to the public?also would it be hear by friday?thanks for the link
Old 11-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

I've got a new set of blues glued on, no inserts, like you used to use. We don't use yellows anymore
Old 11-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

BTW, and, plus I'm letting you use a new set of wheels/tyres.... DON'T nick the space where you used to go. That's ours now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.