Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Suspension slop

Dave Jun had a good solution for the slop on the TA03
Not exactly sure of all the details, but it was to pu CA in the hole with the pin, then after the CA set, you drive the pin out. I tried it onse, but the pin was very hard to drive out, then once I assembled it, the suspension was stiff. I think that you need to coat the pin with something before using the CA, but not sure of what that would be.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the idea!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by EVOtech
Agreed. The pictures may have been regarded as copyright by the person that took them, but as far as I know then unless there is a specific statement regarding copying and distribution, then they may be used (under English law). They were, after all, posted in a public forum.

If you don't want it used, don't put it here, or, if you do put it here and don't want it used, say so in black and white.
You are correct... Under English Law, under US Law, under International Laws... the picture is fair game since I posted it in a public forum. You can copy the pic, print it out, use it as your desktop wallpaper... I don't care! It is fair game as long as it's not used as an advertisement.

BUT! I think many of you still do not understand this...

The image was used as an advertisement! My image was used without my permission to advertise the sale of a product. I don't care about how much profit the guy made on it, what I was upset about is that My image was used as an advertisement without my permission! That is copyright infringement whether you are in the USA, UK, or Antartica!

Please if you do not understand the law... do a couple searches on copyright infringement.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I just got done installing the old tamiya suspension on this car. Everything feels alot better and I'll test it out on the track tomorrow. One thing I would like to point out is that the front suspension mounts are closer to eachother for the new suspension arms. This offsets the arms foreward so that the wheelbase is lengthened about 5mm. I had to trim off about 4mm off of the rear of the front suspension arms in order to move them back to a reasonable posistion. This is my first tamiya car and with the old suspension definitely has alot less slop and feels alot more rigid. The reason why I made this suspension change is because every 415 driver who purchased the new suspension said it sucked and they ended up using the old suspension anyway. It also easily tweaked alot due to the long steering linkages.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Spool ?

Anybody make a spool for the EVO IV yet ? as i like to use one with mods and the standard one-way in stock.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Spool ?

Originally posted by weekendracer_uk
Anybody make a spool for the EVO IV yet ? as i like to use one with mods and the standard one-way in stock.
Jurgen does and speetech r/c should have their's soon

vic
Old 10-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default tb evo 3 surikarn edition

hi al.
ive got a lend of a surikarn limited tb evo 3..
its an awsome car and im wondering if any of you guys have any sey-ups or where i can find some..
mike.
i run nitro and am going to give this car a go at our south australian state titles...
im using pro-matched cells.
lrp 11x2 hand wound special motor....with cs27 take -off tyres..
any help would be appretiated.
mike
Old 11-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a problem I hope you guys can help me with. I'm having problems shimming the front one-way diff correctly. Today alone I stripped two gears in the front-diff, one becuase it was shimmed to loose and I broke a couple of teeth of the gear, and the second because it was shimmed to tight and it generated heat so the gear melted somehow.

How do you guys shim this correctly?

PS! I used two brand new ballbearings so that's not the problem.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by espeng
I have a problem I hope you guys can help me with. I'm having problems shimming the front one-way diff correctly. Today alone I stripped two gears in the front-diff, one becuase it was shimmed to loose and I broke a couple of teeth of the gear, and the second because it was shimmed to tight and it generated heat so the gear melted somehow.

How do you guys shim this correctly?

PS! I used two brand new ballbearings so that's not the problem.
espeng, I just shimmed it per kit setting and it's fine. However, if you have a head on collision the gear will strip or the drive cup will break. You can try using the alumnium one way gear and the new alumnium drive cup and that might help.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for helping me out on this one! I'm actually using the new alu diff-cup, but let me clearify - it's the small gear that strips all the time. The large one seems to be alright, and the shimming seems fine here aswell, it has about 0.3 mm play side-to-side.

I did however have some pretty nasty head-on collisions today so that might be the reason. I guess I'll just have to order 10 pcs of those

Also - I broke the carbon steering plate today(!). It's not available as a sparepart on R10 as far as I can see. Is it the same as the steering plate on the Evo 3 Surikarn edition?
Old 11-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same part "yes" you could also adapt a turnbuckle to use there instead. This would allow an accerman change!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Cool

im palnning to buy a new car and would like the opinion of evo 4 owners....im hung on four choices the xray, pro4, the rdx and the evo 4. what do you think is the best car. oour local racetrack is made of concrete but we spray it with molasses for more bite. it is a technical course with tight corners and short straights. what do you think your advice will be very much appreciated
Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by dsrbltoys
Same part "yes" you could also adapt a turnbuckle to use there instead. This would allow an accerman change!
Ahh! have anyone actually tried this?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
im palnning to buy a new car and would like the opinion of evo 4 owners....im hung on four choices the xray, pro4, the rdx and the evo 4. what do you think is the best car. oour local racetrack is made of concrete but we spray it with molasses for more bite. it is a technical course with tight corners and short straights. what do you think your advice will be very much appreciated
Both kits are competetive except that the EVO4 and RDX don't have good support in terms of parts supply in our place.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Spool ?

Originally posted by hierog
Jurgen does and speetech r/c should have their's soon

vic
Hi guys,

I got a call from the machine shop yesterday and by this Friday we should see the EVO IV spools we should also see another shipment of Tamiya products next week

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.