Mod Touring

Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Mod Touring

Hey guys, is mod touring going to make a comeback any time soon? It seems like mod is still big in Europe but it seems to have died off in North America. With brushless and lipo technology mod is not the maintenance hassle it was when you had to rebuild and put new brushes in every run. Also the lipos have way better run time than nimh cells. A few of us are trying to get mod going again for our outdoor season and would apreciate any info on how to atract more racers into running it again.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

For the last 2 years there in no mod nationals championship.
At my club also and in Belgium ad my club the mod is smaller and smaller wile in Belgium the nationals still have mod drivers.

The last years when the stock is going faster, the mod drivers started to drive stock.
I think 13,5T lipo is mod. A few years a go mod was here 12T brushed on 6 cell nimh.
This is now faster than that was and I think that, that is also one of the reasons.
Every body is saying that every body wants to go faster and faster but I think that there is a max what they want. I think that as the 13,5T goes faster and faster, than it will shrink also and than the 17,5T will be the class.

But the strange thing is, is that the pan cars that drive here are going faster and faster.
Some drive with a 3,5T on 2 cell lipo. It's fast!!!!!
That class is growing.
This year it's officially back with the nationals.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Open pan car would be awesome if that came back here. Right now we have WGT 13.5 1 cell lipo and that is pretty fast. It is faster than tc 13.5 on rubber tires by a couple tenths per lap. The last time I ran 10pan mod was 6 cell nimh and an 8x2 Reedy....that thing was a beast.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

ad the ETS last year by AMCA they drove also andthey were 2 sec a lap faster than the Mod with Jilles and Reinard in it.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 AM
piper48

A couple of years ago our outdoor asphalt track didn't have a Mod class. The club format was Novice, 17.5 stock, and 13.5 super stock. The 13.5 class was the deepest field at the time. With the advancement in speed controls last year, the club did away with 13.5 and the format changed from Novice, 17.5 stock, Mod. By running this format half the guys went to stock and the other half went to Mod. Every week the Mod class had a full field and even two heats at times. As for stock class, we had B and C mains consistantly. Talk to the RD at your track and simlify the classes and Mod racing may return.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

around 2 years not hit MOD TC Class now !
you can see more peoples join stock class ,
TITC 2010 had 197 drivers
Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well as I see it, mod should grow again. I'm running both Spec class (10.5T) and Mod and result is 10.5T (and 13.5T as well) is not much slower than Mod, but it's getting more expensive since there is Lipo allowed in mod.