Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team PRP racing components

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Team PRP racing components

First I want to thank Shane for such a great site. Where would we all be posting without RCTECH!?

This is the official forum for Team PRP products. It's been a long time coming but I'm happy to finally have it started!!!

MY first product announcment is for HPI's Pro 4 sedan. We are working on an aluminum backing plate for the front one-way differential. This plate braces the diff gear from stressing and flexing. This flexing has been causing the 16t bevel gear to break a little too easily. The plate is currently being race tested by Troy at Trackside and has so far showed very promising results. So if you race with him be sure to give him a good heck to see how his gears hold up! More info will be posted as soon as possible. The backing plate is CNC machined from high grade T6 aluminum and will be purple anodized. Picture shows prototype:

We are also working on a carpet racing chassis for the Pro 4. We have some new features incorporated on the chassis and we will be race testing our prototype very soon. I have been working on this chassis since I first raced my Pro 4 at Trackside in February. The chassis and upper deck are both CNC machined from 3mm thick high grade quasi carbon. Pricing and release date are not yet set. Image shows prototype:

Pricing and release date information will be posted soon. We will begin taking orders for the One Way Plate as soon as we are completely happy with the testing and it has met our requirements.

Thanks guys!
Ben Prenevost
Old 04-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Welcome to the forum. Your stuff looks sweet.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Team PRP

I remember a few months back you were designing an upper deck for the TC3?

How about an Uper deck for the Yokomo CGM? (not that it neds one, just want to look different

Got an upper deck for the Pro3 from way back, has sold the kit since.
You have great products hope to see more of them here!

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the comments guys.

Lem, yeah, I remember you getting the Pro3 upper deck. I hope you enjoyed it while you had your kit. I know it wasn't the coolest looking part, but it didd it's job well. Unfortunately the Pro3 had too many other problems- I believe that design could be revisited again though Yes, I was looking into a TC3 upper deck but ended up not doing it at the time. Maybe when Associated comes out with a new kit I'll jump on it! Who knows when that will be, right?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

We also have some ultra light AMB transponder mounts in stock- they tend to work best mounted off the side of the steering servo or off of upper decks on touring cars. But people have used them for off road and other applications as well as moding them to work with a variety of locations>>> AMB transponder mount
Old 04-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I've bought several things from PRP in the past. The XXXS shock towers they used to have were SWEET!

Welcome to the forum. If you guys are going to do anything for the XRay let me know.

Blake
Old 04-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Ben you should check with Cheng and see if he is going to be comming down here this saturday for a race down at RSJ raceways. Last I heard he was thinking about making the race.....so maybe you guys can come down together. LMK.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are you going to be making any more of the xxx-s shock towers? If so I will buy 2 pairs..

Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Kevin K
Last I heard he was thinking about making the race.
hey Kevin, I won't be able to make this one, just have too much going on right now!?
Old 04-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by clinttredway
Are you going to be making any more of the xxx-s shock towers? If so I will buy 2 pairs
Hey Clint! I'm working on coming out with something new for the losi towers. Looking to have some news about those before the end of May.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thats to bad Ben.....any word on the chassis yet?
Old 04-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pro 4 chassis kit

I should be able to post the Pro 4 chassis prototype pics tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

pro 4 kit looks very nice buddy,welcome to the site and i wish you the best of luck with your products
Old 04-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nice to see you finally have your own place here Ben. Can't wait to see the pictures,.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Will the gearboxes/lower suspension mounting points be milled out to cater for the roll centre changes due to the extra thickness? Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.