Team PRP racing components

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Any word on the TLT chassis?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the order, Aaron! I received it earlier today and I will be shipping it out tomorrow morning.

Yeah, it's going to be really nice to have an on road track again!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!
Ben

Originally posted by aaronb73
Just wanted to say 'hi' and that I placed an order for the pro4 chassis kit, looks good!

I hope to put it to use soon whenever that new lakeville mn track is finished, can't wait! Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

I'm a little behind on it, I might not be able to ship orders until we get back from the NR/CTPA Worlds (although I could probably ship a few out befre we leave). But I am planning on getting all of the information on it uploaded next week. Check out the site or shoot me an email next week.

THANK YOU!
B

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Any word on the TLT chassis?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default XXXS shock towers

All pre orders for our MTII shock towers for the XXXS will be shipped tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/28/04).

Thank you again for pre ordering, I really appreciate the help!!!

- Ben
Old 09-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ben.....I raced this weekend at the Summer Sizzler up at S&N Trackside in Wis. I ended up 3rd over all in a battle royal of an A main. The car worked great all day some bad luck gave me a poor qualifying position but I battled my way towards the front and ended up 3rd. Euge also raced his HTS chassis car this weekend it was working great as well. He was 12th qualifier over all just missing out on the A main. He was leading the B-main when a mistake cost him the lead but the car was working great for him. Things are looking good for everyone running the HTS chassis going into the Halloween Classic in OH in a few weeks. I know that Rob King, Eugene Sia and myself will be at the race to do the best we can. Anyone else going there with the HTS chassis? Good luck to you as you are going to be at the Truck Worlds the same weekend....you should have some new fly paint jobs for your trucks sometime this week....
Old 09-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have to agree with kevin his car was a bullet on sunday and looked very good on the track. he was not kidding about the main being a battle royal, brutal!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yeah, kevin's car was fast as usual on sunday. I wish I hadn't made that driving mistake that put me from first to last in the B, because I felt like I had a really good car. I was able to make it back up to third or fourth in the end. I'm looking forward to the Halloween race in cleveland.
If anyone is going there and wants to see the HTS chassis first hand, feel free to stop by.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

euge and kev. have been dialed since adding the PRP HTS chassis' to their Pro4s!

euge has made huge jumps and is now running with the top guys in the area in stock TC....man euge...waaaaaaadap!!

kev...sent you a PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the update, guys. Nice job!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got my new XXX-S shock towers from PRP today. They are true to their word. Thanks PRP.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default "Vacation" notice

Thanks, XXX-S Bill!!!

Also a note, Team PRP will be closed from October 6th to October 12th as we attend the NR/CTPA Worlds in Ohio. Any orders received during vacation will ship on the 12 or 13th of October.

Thank you!
B
Old 10-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On the HTS chassis, are the batteries moved from the stock chassis position?

Has anyone just ran the thicker top plate with the stock chassis? Did it help at all?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Clint, Ben or Kevin will be able to expand on this farther but as far as I know Kevin's prototype chassis had the batteries moved farther in a little but the battery was too close for comfort to the shaft so he put the slots in basically the stock location. They may be moved in a small amount but it is going to be minor. The advantage you will gain will be with the thicker chassis plates for less flex on the carpet as well as the additional length you can run in the rear and the additional holes in the center of the chassis for more stiffeners to be installed.

I never tried installing the 3mm upper deck on a stock 2.5mm chassis so I cannot answer that.

The chassis carries great cornerspeed as it does not flex mid corner and is extremely stable. I find the motor does not change its tune much in high speed corners whereas with the stock 2.5mm plates you can hear a different pitch on the motor as it seems to bog down a little on carpet.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was mainly wondering if the batteries were moved further forward at all..

I will most likely get this chassis, but I just got the car and have only driven it 2 batteries... but I am already faster with it than i was with my Losi...
Old 10-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

The only difference with the battery mountings as far as I know are that they are slightly further to the inside of the car, there's about 1mm clearance from the prop outdrives, just perfect fit.

I really like my PRP chassis too, I found that I needed a slightly harder setup though to stop roll in the quick corners but once I did that the car was wicked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.