Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ben, ygpm
Old 09-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ben....Yeah the asphalt race went great. Rob King and I both raced the HTS Chassis in the mod class with Foam tires. I ended up TQ and won with Rob RIGHT behind me. It was a good time the car was working great. My lap times were right there with the Nitro cars....not bad for an electric car....lol. Both of are cars were great. The next race is the Summer Sizzler at Trackside the 26th for some carpet action. I will let you know how that goes.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Cool. Thanks for the update, Kevin!

XXXS towers pre orders. The new MT II towers for the XXXS will be in soon. As soon as they are back from the machine I will ship them out that same day. Please send me an email if you would like a faster delivery service. Thanks again!
Ben
Old 09-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Well I'll be racing my PRP chassis again tonight, I've stiffened up the suspension a lot to try and get rid of body roll and make the car even better through the sweepers and quick changes of direction, let's hope it works

Ben, any news yet on the Pro 4 Aluminium Bulkheads?
Old 09-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck, Skill! Nothing more on the bulkheads yet.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Well, like I said, I stiffened the springs up a bit, and after the first heat it looked like I needed a bit more grip so I laid down the shocks 1 hole all round. This helped a lot in the handling and gave me loads of grip, I actually grip rolled once after turning into a quick corner a little too sharpish. The track had a really quick chicane part and that car was wicked through there, great corner speed and very responsive. I still think I need to fine tune the setting but it's definately getting there. Unfortunately I didn't really have a good meeting, even though my car was great, and I ended up qualifying on my first heat time The final was also very scrappy and it didn't help when a marshal stood out infront of my car, but all in all the car was great.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I ran my PRP Pro4 HTS chassis for the first time today and the car was awesome. I ran Kevin Kane's indoor carpet setup and it was really great. The car was really easy to drive and very consistent. The car definitely felt better with the PRP HTS chassis over the stock chassis. Running the longer wheelbase really improved my car's handling. That's one adjustment that I like about this chassis that none of the other ones out there do.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ..

guys ive just ordered the HPI Pro4 alloy one-way brace plate and the TruSpin spur gear plate for my pro4.should be here in a few days.
I'll let everyone know how i go
The transaction so far went sweet and e-mail receipts have been sent.

Great work Team PrP
Old 09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Euge, I too am running a form of Kevin's setup. Our track has a few bumps in it so I am running 40wt front and 30wt rear. Also am running Assoc purple 30lb front and copper 25lb rear until this past weekend when the bite came up big time. I then switched to Assoc yellow 35lb front and purple 30lb rear springs. This helped calm the car down but then it was a little lazy mid to exit so I moved the rear arms back 2mm and wow, I had my steering back but with some great stability as well as exit speed. This was with Jaco double pink/orange front and double pink rears. Parma will have their tires out soon and I will be switching over to those.

The PRP chassis is awesome on the carpet. Easiest thing to say about it would be the added stability on the high traction and the great corner speed it has. I could hear the motor loose rpm in high speed sweepers with the stock chassis but with the 3mm chassis it does not bog nor does it in areas like esses. Makes and easy car to drive that much easier!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ben....On sunday at Trackside there was 3 PRP HTS Pro-4's and they all worked great. Euge has his car working great he qualified 10th over all but they only took 8 cars in the main so he was bumped back to the B and ended up winning the B with his HTS chassis. Rob King ended up 3rd or 4th in the B as well. I ended up 2nd qualifier and was 1 of only 3 cars to get 25 laps. I ended up second behind Brian Jucha who was also racing a pro-4.

Here is the setup that I was running so everyone with a HTS chassis can try it out and see how they like it.....

Front....
6 deg castor blocks
1 deg camber
inside hole for camber location
2mm under inside camber ball stud
1 hole in from all the way out on the shock tower
45wt oil
#3 piston
Hpi pink spring #6759 30.2 LBS
Outside hole on lower arm
Forward hole on steering knuckle or Losi hub Mod.
#1 akerman location
0 deg arm mount block with 1.5mm spacing under it
2mm spacing under front rear arm mount....gives the car kick down
1.5mm droop over ride height
5mm ride height
Black sway bar with 2.8mm showing

Rear
1.5deg camber
inside hole for camber location
1mm under inside camber ball stud
inside hole on hub
Shocks in the outside hole on the tower
shocks in the middle hole on the lower arm
40wt oil
#3 piston
HPI red spring #6754 24.2LBS
Rear arm spaced with 3mm in front of the arm and 1mm behind the rear of the arm.
Rear hub spaced with thin shim in front of the hub and thicker shim at the rear of the hub(kit stock spacing)
2 deg arm mount
1mm shim under front arm mount...gives a little anti-squat
5mm ride height
2mm droop over ride height
Silver sway bar with 1.5mm showing

Body Losi Alfa
Motor KT Hobbies EPIC Roar Stock aka Kraig Tuned Limited Ed.
Geared 34/104
Tires TM racing Plaid2 fronts and Magenta Rears
Tire Size 2.26 dia

Edit....I was also using 2 center post one in the front and one in the rear with the middle spot open.

Any questions on anything just ask away
Old 09-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Let me just say Euge was driving his car in like the 1st qualifier and I was like "HOLY ^@%$#!!! " Euge's car and driving were sweet, and he has made some big strides.

I think PRP has another satisfied customer...
Old 09-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks, Rob. I'm definitely 100% satisfied with the PRP Pro4 HTS chassis. I knew that Kevin and Rob were already fast drivers before the PRP chassis, so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to really notice that much of a difference switching from the stock chassis.
However, my car was like night and day. I was honestly suprised at how good it behaved. For me to run top 10 in a very talented stock foam group at Trackside......it was awesome.
Winning the B with the HTS kit was icing on the cake....

I also ran the side braces that the HTS kit comes with. I had a couple of other drivers notice them and say how cool the kit looked.

Anyone who has a pro4 knows how free the drivetrain is. Then with the PRP chassis, it definitely makes it handle very consistently. That's a killer combination.

Good job with the kit, Ben.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Aw, you guys are bringing a tear to my eye

Ok, maybe not, but I had you going, right?

Very cool to hear you guys are happy with the chassis! Good luck on the carpet season!

Thanks again!
Ben
Old 09-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

I know this is in the onroad forum. But some of you might like to see our new Berzerker Race chassis for Clod Buster axles!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just wanted to say 'hi' and that I placed an order for the pro4 chassis kit, looks good!

I hope to put it to use soon whenever that new lakeville mn track is finished, can't wait! Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.