Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team PRP racing components

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The interesting thing is that last week we were at the carpet track, and Kevin was running his PRP and i had the stock chassis. Both our cars were close in setup. Kevin's was just a bit faster, a few tenths a lap. I was noticing how smooth his car looked around the track. Kevin said he thought my car was fighting itself (twisting up) a bit in the turns.

There's the advantage, at least on carpet. The stock chassis isn't stiff enough. The PRP is plenty stiff.

NEXUS --you know you want a Pro4.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default XXXS pre-production shock towers

How are the few of you guys that are running these towers liking them so far? I hope you are happy with them!

Let me know- thank you!
Ben
Old 07-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll let you know after Sunday
Old 07-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ben.

Wasn't able to make it out to the track this past week...

I did mount the new MT2 towers and the quality and fit is awesome.

Over the next two weeks I should be doing some racing at Trackside in WI home of the Novak Touring Car Champs and one round of the U.S. Triple Crown.

I'll post results after I'm able to get some runs in with them.

Here are some pics...

http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl.../Teamprp_2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl.../Teamprp_3.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl.../Teamprp_4.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl.../Teamprp_5.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl.../Teamprp_6.jpg
Old 07-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

The car looks good Anthony. It's just the wrong color
Old 07-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That PRP chassis sounds like a must have for the Pro4. I've seen Kevin's car and it looks SWEET. I'll have to order up one of these chassis......now all I have to do is get a pro4
Old 07-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for posting those nice shock towers pics, Anthony. I hope everyone likes their shock towers! Feel free to post and email me with your thoughts on them.

Thanks, Euge. I received your order this morning and I will send order confirmation when I'm back in town. Thank you!!!

I'm on vacation and I'll check back in on Wednesday night.

Thanks again, guys!

Later,
Ben
Old 07-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

cool. I knew you were on vacation and didn't really expect a response. Don't worry about us. Enjoy your vacation.
but yeah, once these PRP Pro4s start showing up at all the tracks, you can expect the orders to pour in. Kevin's car looks awesome.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Team PRP MT2 Shock Towers

Overall the fit and finish of these towers is outstanding. The hole placement is dead on and the extra ones provide more tuning options.

One thing to note is that depending on how you have your towers currently set-up you may have to change it. Because they are thinner then the stock towers you might want to shim the shocks to get them to be straight up and down. This is not totally necessary but IMO provides the best shock action. Also note that the ballstuds will not thread into the MT2 towers so you have to use a nut/locknut to keep them in place. If you scroll down to my previous post you can see how I have them set-uip on my XXXS.

jkerr0043 has also posted pics of his MT2 set-up for those of you who are using Tamiya dampners.

I'll be doing on track testing this week. If Team PRP starts taking pre-orders like the Pro4 chassis....I would definitely place one.

If anyone would like to see more pics of the towers at different angles please feel free to email me and I'll send you them.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for posting, Anthony. I'll be including 3/16" hex nuts with the shock towers for attaching the ball studs.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

I ran the car last Sunday with the new towers. The Tamiya shocks are going to take a little getting used to but the car was fast. I had little trouble with one particular corner on the track and took myself out of each qualifier and the main. But the towers held up fine and I was able to use the second row of camber mounts on the front tower as a tuning aid.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Cool to hear that, Jon. Do you think I should keep the countersink on the body mount hole, or remove the countersink? I figured it would help if you wanted to use the outside shock mounting hole so the top of the shock wouldn't interfere with the locknut that is used to secure the body mount. You could run the screw from the back and lock nut on the body mount side. Thoughts???

- B
Old 07-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

I don't think it's needed. I didn't use it. I'd be pretty rare that we'd need that far upper right mounting location. I'd say loose it. one less step in the machining.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

BTW- The change I made on the front camber link was going from the stock #2 hole to what I'm calling the 2.5 hole. Top row, middle hole. It made the car initiate the turns much better and more aggresively. I was running a spool and was not getting into the corner as well and being able it raise the camber link without altering the length too much helped inititate turn in better.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

jon.ben.

i agree with that front camber link location. on the stock graphite towers mine were drilled so that i could run that "2.5 hole" location.

when i recieved the MT2 PRP towers it was perfect for me to see that that hole was drilled almost exactly where I had it drilled on the stock towers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.