Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
billy Easton to duratrax >

billy Easton to duratrax

billy Easton to duratrax

Old 04-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The avante did however never make it but it is in no way a "toy" ........one of the best designs of the time.....
Old 04-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Burbs and "OTHER" people.
We as racer's only account for less than 13% of the total R/C market.
Duratrax doesnt have to come out with ANYTHING race wise but to simply have someone on staff that is a Great guy.He's good with customer's.Can help them refine some of their items and share his educated Idea's with the company.
To get into racing would almost be a stupid idea.
RTR kits and fair priced items is where the buisness is at.To form a race team and bring out a race quality item that less than 15% of the industry actually uses is worth it?Not to many.Traxxas tried it and went rtr.They actually had some decent results in the early 90's with Scott Montgomery and others.
Im sorry Burbs but Tamiya has been in the RACING side of the industry for more than 7-8 yrs now when it comes to sedans and then more than 12-14 yrs when it comes to 4wd.
So what you said was kinda stupid,but simply uneducated is all.
Tamiya specializes in HIGHLY detailed kits and sells a TON of them.Step into any hobby shop across seas and you will notice this.
I wish Billy the best of luck.He's a great guy and I would say a small part of him wanting away from associated is the way they have been treating Mike Reedy as of late.I would have to agree with Billy there.Mike is like a father to Billy at times.It's hard to see anyone mistreated much less yourself.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i understand tamiya made some attemps at some cool stuff in the past... but lets take sedans.. before the 414, and the evo cars they didnt have muxch... now they do.. the two tamiya sedans are pretty darn trick.. id take on if it wasnt for the prices...
Old 04-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

i ge what your saying. But I think before any other sedan there was the tamiya tt01 which pretty much started the sedan craze.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

and actually Duratrax introduced a pro version of their buggy and stadium truck. So maybe they are looking for a race team?!?!?Who knows.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i totally agree we have tamiya to thank for sedans....
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Well you must ONLY watch racing in america.Because they have been on the Podium across seas for a LONG TIME.They dont have much team support here in the states is why you dont see them here alot.Prices come with the name and they get it to from people that know their kits.
Duratrax Im sure will focus on a updated kit that is their own design and Im sure Billy and others will help in this area.Billy wanted to move up and job wise he did just that.
Goodluck To Billy and Duratrax.Im not a personal fan of many of their items but if it introduces "NEW" people to the hobby then Im all for it.
(FunnY) How bad would it be to have been practicing for years to make the Amain at a BIG EVENT to only see Billy there with a Duratrax buggy to unseat you out of the Amain by .01 seconds.
Gun Please.lol.
Goodluck racing guys and have fun.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I've heard it said that the fast guys will be fast no matter what they drive. Maybe we'll get to see that tested?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I've heard it said that the fast guys will be fast no matter what they drive. Maybe we'll get to see that tested?
Well that will be one tough test for Billy Easton and Duratrax to pull off. They do make some nice inexpensive ready to runs. My one local shop sells a good amount of their ready to runs and has almost no problems with them. Great for a first time backyard bashers.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

it may have had something to do with Billy wanting to go back to school also, which he couldn't do with AE
Old 04-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

I have been waiting for the day that the Evader BX gets a chance for the world title. YES!

Look out AE and Losi……its on!

Tamiya won the worlds???...news to me!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Burbs, just remember before the TB Evo series and the 414, the TA03 was a National Championship winner in both Roar and Norrca. I see what you mean in that comment, but I think there's a perception of a quality difference in their basher kits between Duratrax and Tamiya. I haven't seen their new "Pro Kits", but handling wise and on track performance wise the Evader ST isn't a bad truck. My son races one in sportsman. It's very similar to the XXT, and it drives that way.

Billy is a great guy and I wish nothing but the best for him. I know he will do well, and we should all pay close attention to Duratrax in the next 8-12 months for new releases.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Tamiya 414M2 is the current and defending ISTC world champion with Surikarn as the driver Antonio.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:49 AM
The Evicerator

I'm really happy to hear that Billy is going to be doing some more hands on design work... I know that he's always wanted to do it but certain entities, for whatever reason, would not allow his input to enter into projects.

Hopefully this means that Billy will still be able to hit a few races here and there I can catch up with my old buddy!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

What next, Todd Hodge to Megatech?

Seriously, last night I was thinking about my off-road racing plans......My plans include switching out my current XXX-T MFE's chassis with (what else?) a Evader ST chassis so my battery packs would fit in the truck. Team Evader...IFMAR or bust

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.