Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mtroniks cirrus

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default mtroniks cirrus

hey guys, any one sed this speedy, i'm having trouble with mine wouldnt mind your thaughts.
problem - no lights com on or no action when you turn the unit on.

anything dumb im doing ?? does it need to be plugged into a reciever to work ? thats the only other thing i can think of maybe the receiver is faulty as its an old one i dont know its ok. but shouldnt the lights come on even if its not plugged in ? its never been used. the lights did come on once but now no go

looks like i might have to send it back oh well the 415 will have to wait to have a play.

any ideas would be apreciated
Old 04-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

not only does it need to be plugged into the receiver, but i believe that your radio must first be turned on.

i have used one in three heats so far. that is what i needed to do for each run/calibration.

that should do it.

it's a pretty one.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Ummm... I would think that it has to be pluggd into the reciever to have power to turn the lights on . I mean how else would the lights turn on?

I just got the Cirrus last week, and I love it!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

dunno mate, but the power comes from the battery. the esc has a switch .

??

thanks for the help so far !
Old 04-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

I'm having trouble finding the Mtroniks4 Cirrus. I was wondering where you guys are finding these.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

www.hobbypeople.net

i have never had better service from a hobby store than with these guys and gals.

Old 04-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

The speedo should definetly always be plugged in to the reciever before being switched on, and you should always have a motor installed too.
Also take note of the instructions and ALWAYS run the two schotky diodes and atleast the small power cap when using the Cirrus speedo. The diodes protect the brake fets and the cap helps keep the speedo running cool.
When installed properly it's a great speedo. Plenty of adjustments and totaly waterproof, aswell as being one of the smallest and best looking ESC's around.
So far any problems I've heard of with the Cirrus have been user related, apart from one issue with some radio's having too wide a throttle range, something like 150 steps when most should be about 100, this goes out of some speedo's programmed range and they don't know what to do when you go full throttle so you get jittering, just a case of turning down your throttle on your transmitter.