R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default RT Race Shop Review

Hey all,
I recently had work done my Ryan over at RT Race shop and I wanted to tell you all about it, and my experience. I will be using the school styling system.

Customer Service- A+- Ryan is very good at getting back to your e mails in a very timely fashion. On the average I only waited about 2hrs for a response. He is more than help full giving you up dates when you inquire about them. Also he fixed any issues that arised during the process (see control). He also walks you through the process.

Quality- A+- His parts came out very nice indeed. There we a few problems with some of the parts but none of which were his fault. The problem was that due to some of the grades of alu. The dye did not take or came out fogged. It was with one manufacture though. And that was Team X-ray. It seems they very there alu. From part to part, and you would think with their company being built on quality they would have been better. And this was not a fluke. Myself and another racer each did a car from two different periods so I know it is the company. One was a T2, and the other was a NT1 bought 2 years apart. But I had a TC5 and Losi 8ight 2.0 done for me also. There was an issue with the 8ight also. The wheel hexes came back nicely. But I think due to the hard anodizing from the factory it increases the size. So when I got them back they were very loose fitting and I would be very hesitant to race using them.

Control- A- -The reason I gave him an A- in this category was not really his fault but could have been avoided. I sent a lot of Parts and I mean a lot of little washers used for tuning and dress up. But when I got the batch back I was missing some essential parts for the TC5. So now it sits till I get the replacement. BUT, I contacted Ryan and informed him of the mishap and I sent him the replacements which he re-dyed for no additional charge.

Price- A+- He charges very little for the quality he produces and for the amount of work I gave him. I had anodizing done in the past in 2004 and I was charged $80 for one car (not by Ryan).

Final thoughts: I recommend his service to anyone looking to be different. I will be the only one running an all red TC5, 8ight, and NT1 at my local track. And you will not be disappointed with what you get back.
poncec23 is offline   Reply With Quote