Like Tree1Likes

Fibre-Lyte Yokomo Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: QUestion

Originally posted by lem2
The CF tub chassis is really a work of art!
But, how does it compare to the CGM Tub aside from being light and the blin bling factor?
I've seen the CGM tub and I must mine looks WAY easier to work on at minimum. Handling I can't say but it's better than the SSG chassis hands down. Outside or in (carpet).
Old 04-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: QUestion

Originally posted by Isaac
I've seen the CGM tub and I must mine looks WAY easier to work on at minimum. Handling I can't say but it's better than the SSG chassis hands down. Outside or in (carpet).
Thanks! It's such a beautiful and exotic chassis! and the stiffness is probably the best!
Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Fibre-lite have been making carbon tubs for various cars for years now at least 10+ probably much longer than that actually. I think this is the first touring car that they have done though. They did one for the Associated RC10 Worlds car (the alloy tubbed one) and also for the Schumacher Cat 2000.

They have never been cheap and i think this is why they haven't been widely seen, as it isn't a simple manufacturing process by any means. It isn't something that you can "Mass produce" hence why manufactures don't use this method for their production cars.

I actually know the guy that has had them made and i know he has tested many different carbon constructions to arrive at where they are now.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

That looks very nice! I noticed that they have quite nice selection of parts for many different manufacturers. Worth checking out.

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_modelcars.html
Old 04-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TOADYY
If the person who owns the rights to that chassis does not want to share his design, then I suggest design your own chassis. Fibre-lyte will make it for you at a nominal cost. Then you can share it among other people.
Um, they sell this thing to everyone else except americans. When you buy an Xray or a Losi, do you "share" their design? No, you buy a product that followed that design. If I really wanted to reverse engineer something I'd move to China. Then again molding carbon fiber is more of an artform and there are other people that do this work but it might be cost prohibitive to do one or two chassis.

If he'd sell these to Americans again, I'd buy one (like i wanted to months ago) and pick up a used SD for the parts and have the car i really wanted.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Just re-read that e-mail. They don't ship anywhere else in the world, it's not just the US.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MattW
Just re-read that e-mail. They don't ship anywhere else in the world, it's not just the US.
Didn't see that one... i read another response. You were able to buy it at one point but then decided to not produce it anymore. Sounds like they just changed their reason for less controversy.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

are the sides Molded or Glued on?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I have got one & the whole tub is molded & chamfered a little at the edge of the chassis so it can lean without scrapping.
he has a out look on life & it is not to make money for his idea, he just wanted a car that worked very well for him,he`s got one in the pipe line for another variation
Old 04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
are the sides Molded or Glued on?
I think the graphite is bent. . . .
Old 04-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

The carbon sheet layers are layed in the mould together with a resin. This is then all "cooked" in an oven to form the basic tub. The basic tub is then finished, i guess it needs all the holes cutting and drilling. It is a very complex process.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by AzNDRAGster
I think the graphite is bent. . . .
It's not graphite like a Losi or a TC3. It's straight carbon fiber. The real deal. No molds here dude. Carbon fiber like on a F1 car.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:38 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I saw Isaac's Yoke with that FibreLyte chassis on and man is his car trick looking with it on, oh and it handles well to. Like he said it is straight carbon fiber. It is nothing like the Associated or Losi graphite parts.
Isaac likes this.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Isaac
It's not graphite like a Losi or a TC3. It's straight carbon fiber. The real deal. No molds here dude. Carbon fiber like on a F1 car.
Well... they do need a mold to create it.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

If someone could find how they make these . . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.