Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Andrew, you dont know Alex. Nothing is indestructible in his hands. And his Tekin was replaced immediately under warranty. He just elected to sell it
Thanks for that Greg....

Tekin is still the only one of my five ESC which has blown up LOL

Andrew was correct this unit was faulty also was not the pro think that could have been another reason , it seems a little too much to ask for a Tekin RS running a 10.5 with some high ESC/motor timing..

The good news was it went on RC Tech and was sold in 6 minutes to someone who is very happy with a brand new Tekin..

Have to give Tekin this customer support and Biz Model well though about.

Andrew, where you also running the new HB chassis? or was that just Hara and Andy Moore?

Alex
Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

I was running the current Cyclone TC, not the new prototype. I am a privateer and only the factory guys get to play with the fun stuffs I am happy with the current TC chassis though. I ran almost everything box stock and I couldn't ask for more from the current chassis.

I took a close look at the new chassis and I think the suspensions will remain the same, and the most dramatic changes will probably be the tamiya style steering, and the flex points of the chassis. I think the Tamiya style steering will change the turning rate of the inside vs outside wheel, which may make the car hanle more smoothly. Andy told me the new car was faster, even with very similar settings as the current car. I can't wait to get one (or two), once it is released

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson

Andrew, where you also running the new HB chassis? or was that just Hara and Andy Moore?

Alex
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrew188
I was running the current Cyclone TC, not the new prototype. I am a privateer and only the factory guys get to play with the fun stuffs I am happy with the current TC chassis though. I ran almost everything box stock and I couldn't ask for more from the current chassis.

I took a close look at the new chassis and I think the suspensions will remain the same, and the most dramatic changes will probably be the tamiya style steering, and the flex points of the chassis. I think the Tamiya style steering will change the turning rate of the inside vs outside wheel, which may make the car hanle more smoothly. Andy told me the new car was faster, even with very similar settings as the current car. I can't wait to get one (or two), once it is released
Andrew,

There are wispers that say the new cyclone is .5 quicker in back to back testing.. Would consider testing one of the new chassis when they come out.

We did some more runs on Friday night with Black Diamond, the TQ was achived by a Tekin running fresh tyres.. BD was only .04 off TQ with a tyres which have seen better days.

The final was somewhat scrappy, the BD managed to lap the Tekin and finsh 1 lap in front.

We are testing at a longer track on Tuesday night and might even run a 10.5 ready for our club race see if it can take advantage over LRP and Tekin.

Do you have any good starting point for 10.5 using a Novak motors.

Alex
Old 03-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Andrew,

There are wispers that say the new cyclone is .5 quicker in back to back testing.. Would consider testing one of the new chassis when they come out.

We did some more runs on Friday night with Black Diamond, the TQ was achived by a Tekin running fresh tyres.. BD was only .04 off TQ with a tyres which have seen better days.

The final was somewhat scrappy, the BD managed to lap the Tekin and finsh 1 lap in front.

We are testing at a longer track on Tuesday night and might even run a 10.5 ready for our club race see if it can take advantage over LRP and Tekin.

Alex
Your glossing over some important facts there mr tyson, "The Tekin" was the only one to crack into 10 second laps in 2 runs, set TQ in 17.5 which would have also been tq in mod/SS, unfortunately come finals time it was traction roll central, when it was on its wheels i was easily able to keep on the tail of "The BD"
Old 03-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Andrew,

Alex
Hello Alex,

What touring car do you currently drive? You should certainly try out the cyclone. I have tried T2 and T3 also, I found Cyclone to be quicker, but the Xrays were easier to drive out of the box. The alum parts on the Xrays are stronger, the plastic parts are about the same. The Cyclone parts are generally cheaper, so you can replace any slightly worn or damaged parts without hurting your pocket.

I have not yet tested BD with 10.5T, but I plan to test it with Orion and Feigao 10.5T this week. I would suspect the gear ratio to be around 4.5 to 5.0 with profile 5 at RC Addict. For smaller tracks, I think it will be closer to 5.0. With BD V1, you may want to increase the timing on motor can slightly, to make up for the top speed.

With the BD, from my experience, the driving approach is slight different than Tekin. Since BD's top speed is not as fast, but that can be an advantage also, because you will be able to take the next corner or sweeper after the straightaway more accurately. You can go into corner faster at the optimum entry speed. Meaning with the BD, focusing on perfect driving line and try to carry as much speed thru the corners as possible, because you can control the power more accurately in the corners.

With the Tekin, the approach is more towards point and shoot style. I think some people may drive faster than the Tekin while some other drivers can go faster with the BD. You have to see which style is more suitable for you. The key is to match the ESC to your driving style, or adapt your driving style to take advantage of the strong points of each ESC.

For now, in my opinion, if the track is very big and the grip is very good, I think BD is still have some slight disadvantage overall compared to Tekin and LRP.

I have been testing 10.5T with my SXX SS MK2 in the past few days, and the car was fast, but I had pretty bad cogging problems. Sometimes the car choked on the straightaway making a big noise. I thought my car hit a rock or something.

With the next BD firmware coming out, with higher top speed, I think it will be better overall. Saying that, by then LRP and Tekin may have something better as well.

Hope it helps

Last edited by andrew188; 03-28-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Black Diamond

Hi,

Is this pic the latest 1/10th ESC (ADV1004) by Advanced Electronics?

I need it for 10.5 Stock racing?
If yes where could I get one from ASAP?
Attached Thumbnails Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC-black-diamond-adv1004-1.10th.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
Hi,

Is this pic the latest 1/10th ESC (ADV1004) by Advanced Electronics?

I need it for 10.5 Stock racing?
If yes where could I get one from ASAP?
That is the full fanned version (ADV1004). You can get it from A Main hobbies or Team CRC website.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

This version shall still be running v1 software,

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=cs&pn=ADV1004

Stomer have 1 left and like Andrew said Amain, Team CRC or if you can wait v2 software shall be available from

http://www.modeltech.co.uk/catalog/default.php around the 19th april
Old 03-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Would I be able to upgrade it to the V2 Software when it is available?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
Would I be able to upgrade it to the V2 Software when it is available?

Thanks
It is my understanding the newer version can support updates, however you would need to confirm this information with Mike from ModelTech.

Right now the v1 is able with the correct setup to compete with Tekin's & LRP's the v2 should have more top end, with the ability to upgrade (Still to be confirmed)
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.modeltech.co.uk/catalog/p...roducts_id=881

Just found this on the modeltech website:

We have just been informed that the BD will now be firmware upgradeable/configurable through the sensor port and AE will be releasing a connection cable and PC software kit, we will publish more details as we receive them.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Recently spotted at a track near you:
Attached Thumbnails Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC-dsc00262.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

I know I'm on the wrong thread for this question but I'm gonna ask anyway. Has anyone tried this B.D. on an oval carpet? I did yesterday. 1/10th pan car with a 2 cell Lipo and 17.5 brushless. Man...this thing has rip!!! Trying to find a rollout without heating the motor. Sure miss the off/on switch though!
Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
I know I'm on the wrong thread for this question but I'm gonna ask anyway. Has anyone tried this B.D. on an oval carpet? I did yesterday. 1/10th pan car with a 2 cell Lipo and 17.5 brushless. Man...this thing has rip!!! Trying to find a rollout without heating the motor. Sure miss the off/on switch though!
The first question from the guy testing my BD was "Where is the switch!"

Not really sure on how rollout work in Oval, but we found you need to gear low in TC when running this ESC as it low down Torque is great for corner exit and general rip then uses gearing to find a good top end.

17.5 in TC we run 3.9-4.2 depending on track etc.

Alex
Old 03-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Your glossing over some important facts there mr tyson, "The Tekin" was the only one to crack into 10 second laps in 2 runs, set TQ in 17.5 which would have also been tq in mod/SS, unfortunately come finals time it was traction roll central, when it was on its wheels i was easily able to keep on the tail of "The BD"
didnt i catch and pass u to lap u!!

oh and by the way your yet to beat the bd too in a final even with new tyres v's old shitty ones !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.