Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Finaly made some headway with the BD V3 today.

After struggling to get obvious 'turbo' (I have heard the Corally Red on a BD when the timing goes nuts but I haven't been able to recreate that) I tried a different tack.

I upped the mid timing to 45 deg then 50deg and dropped a couple of pinions and that certainly helped.
With the extra timing it gained the extra top speed but still maintained that great mid range grunt that the Corally/BD combo has.

I'm waiting for Mike from Modeltech to come to my track in the next couple of weeks for some testing to see how he suggests we set it.

Skiddins
Old 08-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Mike will get it going right , hopefully i will get the update before to long once he is back from holiday.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Anything new to report?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:32 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Finaly made some headway with the BD V3 today.

After struggling to get obvious 'turbo' (I have heard the Corally Red on a BD when the timing goes nuts but I haven't been able to recreate that) I tried a different tack.

I upped the mid timing to 45 deg then 50deg and dropped a couple of pinions and that certainly helped.
With the extra timing it gained the extra top speed but still maintained that great mid range grunt that the Corally/BD combo has.

I'm waiting for Mike from Modeltech to come to my track in the next couple of weeks for some testing to see how he suggests we set it.

Skiddins
The Corally Red motors with the very high torque have very high internal timing so you can´t use very much timing at the ESC. They are perfect for no boosting ESC but if you want running a boosting ESC they are the wrong motors.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by V12
The Corally Red motors with the very high torque have very high internal timing so you can´t use very much timing at the ESC. They are perfect for no boosting ESC but if you want running a boosting ESC they are the wrong motors.
The timing on the Corally's is no different to any other manufactures 'standard' 0 timing, but the stacks are smaller and the rotor is effectively a 'mod' rotor which helps produce the very high torque.

None the less, I have heard them when high timing and low gearing have been used and they sound like most other motors, but we are struggling at the moment to get the best settings to make the most of the Corally when using a BD on V3.

Hopefully will get to do some more testing next weekend at a track with a long straight.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The timing on the Corally's is no different to any other manufactures 'standard' 0 timing, but the stacks are smaller and the rotor is effectively a 'mod' rotor which helps produce the very high torque.

None the less, I have heard them when high timing and low gearing have been used and they sound like most other motors, but we are struggling at the moment to get the best settings to make the most of the Corally when using a BD on V3.

Hopefully will get to do some more testing next weekend at a track with a long straight.
I have a bd v3 im running 17.5 brushless reedy sonic with it.....My question is i want to try my bd with the corally but my club limited our fdr to 6.0 max so that being said is there a point still to get the corally motor its an unboosted class as well
Old 09-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theatriks
I have a bd v3 im running 17.5 brushless reedy sonic with it.....My question is i want to try my bd with the corally but my club limited our fdr to 6.0 max so that being said is there a point still to get the corally motor its an unboosted class as well
If you get one and run very high timing, the FDR might be OK.

I will hopefully be trying a few things out on Sunday and will also be giving low ratios with lots a timing a go to see what happens.

Skiddins
Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Skiddins;9615289]If you get one and run very high timing, the FDR might be OK.

I will hopefully be trying a few things out on Sunday and will also be giving low ratios with lots a timing a go to see what happens.

Skiddins[/QUOTE

ok let me know ....hopefully mike opens shop soon so i can get one
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Is there a web site for the black diamond other than CRC? How much is the upgrade?

thanks for any help
Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best is to contact AE directly by email, have a look a few pages back, I have posted their email address.

They normally do not invoice anything for the software upgrade, just spare some extra bucks for the shipping fees back to you, they will tell you.

cheers,
Old 09-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ralf
The best is to contact AE directly by email, have a look a few pages back, I have posted their email address.

They normally do not invoice anything for the software upgrade, just spare some extra bucks for the shipping fees back to you, they will tell you.

cheers,
Page 46 of this thread.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Ran the BD yesterday at Aldershot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0s1Ji69AE

The straight is around 50m long. You can see the distance a bit better in the background at around 7:50 into the clip. The Mod TC's in that clip are reaching 69mph but the camera angle forshortens the distance.

I had a 13.5 HPI Flux Pro, and another ran the Reedy 13.5

I struggled to keep the temps down on the HPI while very similar settings and gearing ran a lot cooler on the Reedy. We both managed 48mph, sometimes even when we tried adventurous gearing, anything from 5.0 to 6.6FDR

The fastest car there, running a max'd out Tekin gets 51mph.

We will require some more testing, but as at the atrt of the day the cars were doing around 44mph, we are getting somewhere.

Skiddins
Old 09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

For those of you who want a slightly more convenient way of looking at the manual ;

Old 09-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

having issues with v3

its blinking red 3 times. its not the battery source, jumper not installed, its on 1s mode (blinking 2 green)

any suggestions? i sent it back to AE, got the upgrade, now this
Old 09-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joeymdz
having issues with v3

its blinking red 3 times. its not the battery source, jumper not installed, its on 1s mode (blinking 2 green)

any suggestions? i sent it back to AE, got the upgrade, now this
Can't remember how many blinks but there was a flashing red led on mine when the sensor cable was duff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.