Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

news for the new firmware?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default its due

Some time in 2011 i believe. I know 5 drivers that have kicked in to touch.All bought the new LRP all going faster.
People cant wait for ever.By the time they bring it out the opposition will have the new generation on the drawing board.Very disappointing from what was the best on the market.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tellan
Some time in 2011 i believe. I know 5 drivers that have kicked in to touch.All bought the new LRP all going faster.
People cant wait for ever.By the time they bring it out the opposition will have the new generation on the drawing board.Very disappointing from what was the best on the market.
Which motors and tracks were they running at?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default running what

Which motors and tracks were they running at
Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quite interesting performance I have seen from the BDv2 and Duo3 (17.5) combo last weekend. Silly grunt out of the corners as we all know and love but top end was every bit a match or better than everything else on the track (yes the Tekins too). I believe it was about 5.1FDR with two notches of timing, although 1.5 notches was very good and even cooler.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Quite interesting performance I have seen from the BDv2 and Duo3 (17.5) combo last weekend. Silly grunt out of the corners as we all know and love but top end was every bit a match or better than everything else on the track (yes the Tekins too). I believe it was about 5.1FDR with two notches of timing, although 1.5 notches was very good and even cooler.
If you think Tekin is still the benchmark then you haven't seen a well set up hobbywing with the latest software
Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default bench mark

I own both the BD and the new LRP SXX stock V4.4 this is very good as a direct comparison running with 1s lipo and 10.5 in a 1/12th pan car. LRP 95% as smooth as the BD but every where else its better, punch and top speed. After approx 2 hours testing best lap achieved with both. The LRP was consistently 0.2 sec faster.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tellan
Which motors and tracks were they running at
I meant the drivers that are no longer using the BD, what motors etc were they using with the BD and on what size track?
And was all this in 1/12 or TC's?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CraigM
If you think Tekin is still the benchmark then you haven't seen a well set up hobbywing with the latest software
When I refer to Tekin I only mean top end. I would never consider a Tekin as a benchmark unless you like a handicap.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When I refer to Tekin I only mean top end. I would never consider a Tekin as a benchmark unless you like a handicap.
lol

for me i dont race on a HUGE, LONG, 10 billion meters straight like you guys so my BD stacks up just fine with the tekin crowd. If it doesnt then its my driving.. not my top end
Old 03-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Troy i have a bd a tekin and a hobbywing and really with all their new software there really is not much difference .
and btw
you have never owned a tekin or driven a properly setup one so stop trashing them your giving a bad name to bd drivers .
didnt you say last year that nothing could beat the mighty team wave lol
Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by =FLIP=
Troy i have a bd a tekin and a hobbywing and really with all their new software there really is not much difference .
and btw
you have never owned a tekin or driven a properly setup one so stop trashing them your giving a bad name to bd drivers .

"AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!"
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Their all good esc's some do things better or differently than others and fit driving styles better. Just think none of it will matter when everything goes spec lol.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Their all good esc's some do things better or differently than others and fit driving styles better. Just think none of it will matter when everything goes spec lol.
god i sure hope it "all" doesnt go to spec
Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by =FLIP=
and btw
I have driven plenty of Tekins... In fact I gave matty a big wrap at the NSW state titles. He achieves a lot with such a huge lack of power.

As for setup... Everyone who owns one says the same thing, that other people don't have it setup properly and thats why it feels/looks/tastes bad in one way or another. The only Tekin I have ever diven that has power is using Jim's setup, but it literally was a switch.

I don't have any problems with the HW or SP.. It feels quite good to drive and has bottom end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.