R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #616
Tech Rookie
 
Pedro81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: italy
Posts: 14
Default

news for the new firmware?
Pedro81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #617
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default its due

Some time in 2011 i believe. I know 5 drivers that have kicked in to touch.All bought the new LRP all going faster.
People cant wait for ever.By the time they bring it out the opposition will have the new generation on the drawing board.Very disappointing from what was the best on the market.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #618
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Some time in 2011 i believe. I know 5 drivers that have kicked in to touch.All bought the new LRP all going faster.
People cant wait for ever.By the time they bring it out the opposition will have the new generation on the drawing board.Very disappointing from what was the best on the market.
Which motors and tracks were they running at?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #619
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default running what

Which motors and tracks were they running at
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 AM   #620
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quite interesting performance I have seen from the BDv2 and Duo3 (17.5) combo last weekend. Silly grunt out of the corners as we all know and love but top end was every bit a match or better than everything else on the track (yes the Tekins too). I believe it was about 5.1FDR with two notches of timing, although 1.5 notches was very good and even cooler.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 AM   #621
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Quite interesting performance I have seen from the BDv2 and Duo3 (17.5) combo last weekend. Silly grunt out of the corners as we all know and love but top end was every bit a match or better than everything else on the track (yes the Tekins too). I believe it was about 5.1FDR with two notches of timing, although 1.5 notches was very good and even cooler.
If you think Tekin is still the benchmark then you haven't seen a well set up hobbywing with the latest software
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #622
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default bench mark

I own both the BD and the new LRP SXX stock V4.4 this is very good as a direct comparison running with 1s lipo and 10.5 in a 1/12th pan car. LRP 95% as smooth as the BD but every where else its better, punch and top speed. After approx 2 hours testing best lap achieved with both. The LRP was consistently 0.2 sec faster.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #623
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Which motors and tracks were they running at
I meant the drivers that are no longer using the BD, what motors etc were they using with the BD and on what size track?
And was all this in 1/12 or TC's?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #624
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
If you think Tekin is still the benchmark then you haven't seen a well set up hobbywing with the latest software
When I refer to Tekin I only mean top end. I would never consider a Tekin as a benchmark unless you like a handicap.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #625
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,992
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
When I refer to Tekin I only mean top end. I would never consider a Tekin as a benchmark unless you like a handicap.
lol

for me i dont race on a HUGE, LONG, 10 billion meters straight like you guys so my BD stacks up just fine with the tekin crowd. If it doesnt then its my driving.. not my top end
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #626
Tech Addict
 
=FLIP='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: noooooooooo
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
When I refer to Tekin I only mean top end. I would never consider a Tekin as a benchmark unless you like a handicap.
Troy i have a bd a tekin and a hobbywing and really with all their new software there really is not much difference .
and btw
you have never owned a tekin or driven a properly setup one so stop trashing them your giving a bad name to bd drivers .
didnt you say last year that nothing could beat the mighty team wave lol
__________________
--------------------------HOBBYWING----------PROAMP LIPOS----------------------------
-EAD- Racing NEED SPEED GET SOME EAD-
=FLIP= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #627
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,992
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =FLIP= View Post
Troy i have a bd a tekin and a hobbywing and really with all their new software there really is not much difference .
and btw
you have never owned a tekin or driven a properly setup one so stop trashing them your giving a bad name to bd drivers .
didnt you say last year that nothing could beat the mighty team wave lol

"AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!"
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #628
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Their all good esc's some do things better or differently than others and fit driving styles better. Just think none of it will matter when everything goes spec lol.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #629
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,992
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Their all good esc's some do things better or differently than others and fit driving styles better. Just think none of it will matter when everything goes spec lol.
god i sure hope it "all" doesnt go to spec
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #630
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =FLIP= View Post
Troy i have a bd a tekin and a hobbywing and really with all their new software there really is not much difference .
and btw
you have never owned a tekin or driven a properly setup one so stop trashing them your giving a bad name to bd drivers .
didnt you say last year that nothing could beat the mighty team wave lol
I have driven plenty of Tekins... In fact I gave matty a big wrap at the NSW state titles. He achieves a lot with such a huge lack of power.

As for setup... Everyone who owns one says the same thing, that other people don't have it setup properly and thats why it feels/looks/tastes bad in one way or another. The only Tekin I have ever diven that has power is using Jim's setup, but it literally was a switch.

I don't have any problems with the HW or SP.. It feels quite good to drive and has bottom end.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net