R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #511
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
If they release a profile 6 that will be all we need. Same bottom/mid power but slightly faster timing increase on top end for a bit more power there. That would mean no gearing up for top speed. This would easily make it THE ultimate spec speedy on the market.

What would also be nice is a release of the TC version for those that play with TC mod and also those who race in high temp climates.
Profile 6 definately needed...
Old 12-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #512
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK05 lover View Post
Profile 6 definately needed...
any news?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #513
Tech Regular

Default up grades

Still in pipe line for a future release, might even be a link for home upgrade ?????.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #514
Tech Regular

Default boosters

Ive now used the RC-Dynamics booster for the last 2 Uk nationals with out a glitch or problem.
This is a special booster plugs straight on to pins 4 and 5 So in affect it is a receiver pack sub with out the hassle of charging all the time.
Booster has a built in switch and is very small only 8 gms.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:16 AM   #515
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Ive now used the RC-Dynamics booster for the last 2 Uk nationals with out a glitch or problem.
This is a special booster plugs straight on to pins 4 and 5 So in affect it is a receiver pack sub with out the hassle of charging all the time.
Booster has a built in switch and is very small only 8 gms.
Is that the 7.4v booster?
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #516
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know of a single connector that will plug on to pins 4&5 that I can use for my reciever pack. Currently I am using some individual female connectors that I put some heat shrink around. However they don't fit very well.
1/12scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #517
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/12scale View Post
Does anyone know of a single connector that will plug on to pins 4&5 that I can use for my reciever pack. Currently I am using some individual female connectors that I put some heat shrink around. However they don't fit very well.
it's not ideal, but I just used a fine point iron and soldered my switch harness to the little pins on the speedo. My receiver pack plugs into a little harness that also has a switch in it. To charge the receiver pack, I just unplug it from the harness, thereby avoiding the need to disconnect anything from the speedo.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #518
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

Quote:
Some have been using the wires and pins from a motor harness that is no longer trustworthy. Remove a couple of wires from the harness and they plug onto the pins fairly nice. I put shrink wrap around them just to be safe. This has been working for me.
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #519
Tech Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
it's not ideal, but I just used a fine point iron and soldered my switch harness to the little pins on the speedo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
Reove a couple of wires from the harness and they plug onto the pins fairly nice. I put shrink wrap around them just to be safe. This has been working for me.
Would a blob of Shoo Goo on the outside hold them just as well if folk don't want to solder to the pins?
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:21 AM   #520
Tech Regular

Default Shoo Goo

Futaba pins and Shoo Goo work great.Been using it for a while now.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #521
Tech Rookie

You know this is a good idea! For some reason this never crossed my mind. I appreciate the help.
1/12scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #522
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Last night was my first time using my BD and must say it was an awesome start. it was VERY LINEAR and had tons of rip from corner to corner. won the first 2 races, tq, 3rd in the main due to lapped traffic and getting stuffed but had the fastest lap (my fault for not having passing patience.. lol) not too shabby for trying to figure out gearing the whole night

This is my issue... when I go through the profiles it will not get out of that mode. (basically Iím stuck unless I recalibrate the throttle, brake, and neutral then Iím good to go)

coming from the "land of tekins" i was really impressed with the BD and cant wait to race next week

thanks for any help

Joey
Old 12-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #523
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
Last night was my first time using my BD and must say it was an awesome start. it was VERY LINEAR and had tons of rip from corner to corner. won the first 2 races, tq, 3rd in the main due to lapped traffic and getting stuffed but had the fastest lap (my fault for not having passing patience.. lol) not too shabby for trying to figure out gearing the whole night

This is my issue... when I go through the profiles it will not get out of that mode. (basically I’m stuck unless I recalibrate the throttle, brake, and neutral then I’m good to go)

coming from the "land of tekins" i was really impressed with the BD and cant wait to race next week

thanks for any help

Joey
You sound like most of the.people here locally who have tried.one....

When you go into the.profiles (hold button until.solid blue.light) you should be able to exit by simply holding down the button for more than.5 seconds. I.just hold it until the cycling.light display stops.

Big tip... The BD does its best to.operate the.motor as effexiently as.possible. Do not try to gear up and up to.match top end with fast tekins/hobbywing systems. You will already be matchng them.down the straight because you kill them initially onto the straight. Settle for a.little.less top end and you will have a frozen motor with faster lap pace.