R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 AM   #466
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
My BD is V2 I ran in limited profile at IIC and as said went 1 sec a lap faster with Tekin in practice.
It wasnt possible to borrow one and ran BD in the event.
are you comparing BD on profile 0 or whatever 0 timing, v's tekin 208 on 0 timing?

I certainly wouldnt consider buying BD for 0 timing class's, but for our open speedy class's.
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:14 AM   #467
Tech Master
 
whynot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,481
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
My BD is V2 I ran in limited profile at IIC and as said went 1 sec a lap faster with Tekin in practice.
It wasnt possible to borrow one and ran BD in the event.
yeah but from what I have read they changed the tekin zero timing profile since then cause it actually had timing. I have read this somewhere but not sure where
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #468
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Yeah I heard the 208 had 9 degrees of timing, and thats why tekin was required to change its software to enable it to be ROAR legal.

again, the BD for 0 timing class's is an overkill.

I'd like to know who does well with the BD in 17.5 open class
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #469
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9
Default

I just purcheased a version 2 BD for my 1/12 scale. I am running a 17.5 Duo 1 with the timing at the first hole. My gearing is 45/76 with a 1.66 tire. The problem I am having is that after the first 7 or 8 laps it feels much slower and the times actuall have fallen off 1.0 seconds. I tired other roll outs and they are 3.77, 305, 298, 277, and 257. Everytime it does the same thing. I am running Epic 5000 mah 3.7 v lipos with a reciever pack that is a thunderpower 250 mah. I have changed lipo cells, motors; both with another Duo 1 and LRP motor and it did the same thing. The last run I changed the reciever pack and it was slightly better but still fell off after the frist 9 laps.
Suggestions????
1/12scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #470
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default under geared

Your massively under geared,

rollout for a 17.5 with BD in 1/12th is around 95mm to 100mm So 42mm rear tyres
58mm pinion and 76 spur is around right .profile 5. Motor timing ,be careful not to get motor to hot.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 AM   #471
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/12scale View Post
I just purcheased a version 2 BD for my 1/12 scale. I am running a 17.5 Duo 1 with the timing at the first hole. My gearing is 45/76 with a 1.66 tire. The problem I am having is that after the first 7 or 8 laps it feels much slower and the times actuall have fallen off 1.0 seconds. I tired other roll outs and they are 3.77, 305, 298, 277, and 257. Everytime it does the same thing. I am running Epic 5000 mah 3.7 v lipos with a reciever pack that is a thunderpower 250 mah. I have changed lipo cells, motors; both with another Duo 1 and LRP motor and it did the same thing. The last run I changed the reciever pack and it was slightly better but still fell off after the frist 9 laps.
Suggestions????
Steve, Call me i know what the problem is.....


Steve Dunn
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #472
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Are BD owners still in love with this ESC? Its out of my budget. Well actually its not, but I just cant bring myself to spend it. I just thought I would ask anyway.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #473
Tech Regular
 
Andy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Are BD owners still in love with this ESC? Its out of my budget. Well actually its not, but I just cant bring myself to spend it. I just thought I would ask anyway.
Yes they still are.
__________________
www.andrefossto.wordpress.com|HOBBYWING |YOKOMO |HBracing |MIBOSPORT.COM |Reservdelsrc.com |Jockeli-Painting |
Andy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #474
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default not all of us

Im on the fence now, ive actually sold one and only running one now. I reluctantly bought another Tekin.
Certainly in limited profile it cant hack it. With the new updates from tekin think the tekin now has the edge again. But AE are working on an update when i dont know ,but better hurry up before they lose the customer base and confidence.
I still believe its a great Esc but the clock is god and i go faster at this point in time with a Tekin in 1/12th racing.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #475
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Advanced is still very fast. I would run anyone, anywhere, anytime in any class with an Advanced in my car. They made the main in Vegas in the no timing class running against the tekin (with timing) and finished a close second in 13.5 WGT. It also TQ'd and won 10.5 WGT. Anyone that has questions about Advanced Electronics can PM me on here or contact me at [email protected].

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #476
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default ditch the receiver pack

Finally a booster that works. The RCDYNAMICS booster with 7.2 volt out put is a direct replacement for a receiver pack plugs direct in to Esc pins 4,5.
Used it today in a 5 hour 1/12th team race the Uk national team club championship.
Which by the way was won by Chesterfield, I used a 10.5 with the BD and a booster. Performed faultlessly.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #477
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Your massively under geared,

rollout for a 17.5 with BD in 1/12th is around 95mm to 100mm So 42mm rear tyres
58mm pinion and 76 spur is around right .profile 5. Motor timing ,be careful not to get motor to hot.
That gearing recommendation sounds very high. Everything I've seen is in the high 70's to low 80's. Maybe 49 or 50/76 spur.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #478
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,114
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Finally a booster that works. The RCDYNAMICS booster with 7.2 volt out put is a direct replacement for a receiver pack plugs direct in to Esc pins 4,5.
Used it today in a 5 hour 1/12th team race the Uk national team club championship.
Which by the way was won by Chesterfield, I used a 10.5 with the BD and a booster. Performed faultlessly.
Where would I be able to purchase one of these?

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #479
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Where would I be able to purchase one of these?

-Korey
http://www.rcdynamics.co.uk/
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #480
Tech Master
 
whynot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,481
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Joe did you get you BD figured out?
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net