R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #31
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

A mortgage and selling off your left nut might just buy one of thse ESC's...
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #32
Tech Master
 
timmig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trabuco Canyon-- in the Pines!!
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

The real bottom line is we DON'T NEED HIGH TECH ESC'S to race and have fun with our little toy cars!! IF you want to see a hobby GROW and THRIVE---keep it affordable for the average person. We're much better off selling hundereds of thousands of people products=-- as apposed to hundereds of people products. And affordability is certainly paramount in ANY family hobby. Lipo batteries have come along and REALLY helped make this hobby more affordable. Brushless motors are MUCH more efficient AND easier to keep running well. Rubber tires instead of foam seem a good more affordable move too!!! Let's keep that sentiment up!!!
I used to see father's and 3 sons ALL racing --- that was the norm. NOW-- you might see the son only racing--with the father helping--because he can't afford to "sponsor" more than one car!!! Now is THAT good for our hobby>?
We're seeing "spec" class's re-growth here in SoCal-- I hope it can continue and re-grow some interest in our racing. With NASCAR popularity and other forms of racing at an all time high---and our cars LOOKING more like real cars with the sedan class's-- THIS is a great time to try and grow the hobby again.
But--it's going to come down to dollars and SENSE!!! And the manufacturer's and rule makers ARE the custodians of our future. STOP taking into super HIGH TECH---it's just not necessary for good competition.
FWIW
Tim
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Stand on Soap Box….

I understand that some people are getting upset at the price of this ESC..

Keep it affordable, keep the speeds down are all very valued comments, at my local club we are trying to get a STOCK spec event running where everything is stock, motor / esc ever talking to Manufactures to see what they can do in assisting us ..

To be honest it is very hard to get buy in as people want to spend money on whatever they feel will make them win races be it Tekin, LRP, Speed Passion, Team Wave, GM and Black Diamond just to name some of the market leaders.

End of the day us buying into this technology to keep us at the front of the grid is no different from any other sport. Even running can cost a fortune you even tried to buy sport socks They need a stripy top and and bloody swag bag that is just some sport socks.

When this ESC wins a big event this year it will be a must have.. Ferrari of ESC if you will some people can afford to run one some people just cannot..

Way of the world.

As I said before personally the cost was a lot but being able to upgrade down the line make it worthwhile. Support the smaller companies they normal end up being the best gadget to have, but don't get the big named drivers to use them because of whatever reason.

If this ESC can keep up and in most cases sorry Tekin boys smash them into next year.. Think 12th scale finals with CRC killing every race it entered with this ESC show they are hear to stay whatever the cost, Before someone say's it they where not using 203 software however someone must have tested it somewhere what happened to 201 and 202

I can see that Tekin is affordable and very much at the front of most races round the world currently.. However that was not the case LRP came out with SPX and Tekin was left behind everyone jumps ship, in the same way 203 came along and people left LRP and went to Tekin and Speed Passion faithful waited a long time for there updates to just compete against the tekin 203 software have to say a lot of people round my area left SP because it took to long to get the update to market just to make it compete again the Tekin.

Right now the Tekin is the yard stick no question, when someone comes along quicker can we stop saying how great it is and then comment on how great someone else ESC is for that is now the new yard stick for Tekin new software to be.

Maybe in a few months time the same topic will come up where people are banning the BD again because it is just too quick and nothing can keep up with it noticed this was not the case when 203 was released

Off my Soap Box.....
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #34
Tech Regular
 
Andy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 361
Default

what are you guys doing? This is a thread about BD only. why go off topic?

ONTOPIC AGAIN!
__________________
www.andrefossto.wordpress.com|HOBBYWING |YOKOMO |MIBOSPORT.COM |
Andy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #35
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy63 View Post
what are you guys doing? This is a thread about BD only. why go off topic?

ONTOPIC AGAIN!

Hey Andy,

Everytime there is a thread about BD it goes off topic so let people talk about it, by trying to stop people making this chat the thread dies off look at the last 3..

Seems the world want to know about how good this thing is.....

From personal experience, this ESC ROCKS....

I run this in my 12th scale de-tuned as it is that FAST...

GM 120 v2 in my TC which to be honest is very very impressive also.

Happy with my choice of weapon's

what about you?
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #36
Tech Master
 
Pablo Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,003
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Hey Andy,

Everytime there is a thread about BD it goes off topic so let people talk about it, by trying to stop people making this chat the thread dies off look at the last 3..

Seems the world want to know about how good this thing is.....

From personal experience, this ESC ROCKS....

I run this in my 12th scale de-tuned as it is that FAST...

GM 120 v2 in my TC which to be honest is very very impressive also.

Happy with my choice of weapon's

what about you?
The reputation this speedy had preceding it was huge and I think many are curious to know how good it really is. I think the main problem is that there are so few of them out there, a good comparison is hard to find.

I don't think there is much doubt they are very good 1s ESC's, but what about in a TC in 17.5 which is now the worlds most contested class? So far the only person who says they have run a BD and a Tekin says tekin is faster. I do have a sneaking suspicion that he could be a bit biased though??

I say its time for Mr Tyson to pull his BD out of the 1/12th and run it in 17.5 TC on friday, or give it to me to run if you wan't to test the new GM and get another real comparison out there.
__________________
Paul H

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #37
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
The reputation this speedy had preceding it was huge and I think many are curious to know how good it really is. I think the main problem is that there are so few of them out there, a good comparison is hard to find.

I don't think there is much doubt they are very good 1s ESC's, but what about in a TC in 17.5 which is now the worlds most contested class? So far the only person who says they have run a BD and a Tekin says tekin is faster. I do have a sneaking suspicion that he could be a bit biased though??

I say its time for Mr Tyson to pull his BD out of the 1/12th and run it in 17.5 TC on friday, or give it to me to run if you wan't to test the new GM and get another real comparison out there.

Paul you really want to get hold of my BD

Ok to keep this in fair play, last week the battle was between Bradd and Mounty 17.5 TC 2s racing round our local track.

We found out the Tekin and SS nothing between them in speed / laps times 2 very good drivers which can do consistant lap times.

The real comparrison the people want is Tekin version 203 vs Black Diamond sw version 1.

Bradd and Mounty will take on each other again this week one use Tekin and using my Black Diamond. I shall race my GM just to add even more spice you bringing your Team Wave Paul?

(without a 10.5 installed - play fair )
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #38
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Paul you really want to get hold of my BD

Ok to keep this in fair play, last week the battle was between Bradd and Mounty 17.5 TC 2s racing round our local track.

We found out the Tekin and SS nothing between them in speed / laps times 2 very good drivers which can do consistant lap times.

The real comparrison the people want is Tekin version 203 vs Black Diamond sw version 1.

Bradd and Mounty will take on each other again this week one use Tekin and using my Black Diamond. I shall race my GM just to add even more spice you bringing your Team Wave Paul?

(without a 10.5 installed - play fair )
Alex

Not many people can afford to buy the number of ESC's you have owned and destroyed in the last few months

Maybe if you bought a box of skill you would be better off. I know I am still looking for that box
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website

Last edited by cannon; 03-17-2010 at 02:05 AM.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #39
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Alex

Not many people can afford to buy the number of ESC's you have owned and destroyed in the last few months

Maybe if you bought a box of skill you would be better off. I know I am still looking for that box
ouch
__________________
onto greener pastures

stuff for sale associated 12r5 $175, team magic 1/10 pit bag $40, top racing pit bag $30, KO helios with spektrum module and 3 receivers $200, CEN CT5 $100 all are plus post
dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
fleetmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW
Posts: 2,642
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

+1 . That GM needs work. Let me see ... 17.5 is 2400kv ??
No match for $130 Hobbywing 1965 kv !!!

Fit the Black Diamond Alex !

To be fair , it was ME putting him into the weeds !!
I bet he won't lend me an sxx ss to run him !!!
(flame suit ON !!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Alex

Not many people can afford to buy the number of ESC's you have owned and destroyed in the last few months

Maybe if you bought a box of skill you would be better off. I know I am still looking for that box
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #41
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Alex

Not many people can afford to buy the number of ESC's you have owned and destroyed in the last few months

Maybe if you bought a box of skill you would be better off. I know I am still looking for that box
Greg,

Not feeling the love buddy!!!

Nice edit shame the original message got sent to me by email

I feel with me testing all the lastest range of ESC loving this black diamond and GM would be a genuine outcome..

just for your information the only ESC to blow up would be was one of your's

Play nice else I tell everyone what it was (very loud)
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #42
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetmaster View Post
+1 . That GM needs work. Let me see ... 17.5 is 2400kv ??
No match for $130 Hobbywing 1965 kv !!!

Fit the Black Diamond Alex !

To be fair , it was ME putting him into the weeds !!
I bet he won't lend me an sxx ss to run him !!!
(flame suit ON !!)
Ummmm if we had the same hardware mate it would have been the other way round my times where all sub second consistency where we yours...

Feel we have gone off topic again, having a pop at Alex day
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 AM   #43
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Greg,

Not feeling the love buddy!!!

Nice edit shame the original message got sent to me by email

I feel with me testing all the lastest range of ESC loving this black diamond and GM would be a genuine outcome..

just for your information the only ESC to blow up on be was one of your's

Play nice else I tell everyone what it was (very loud)
It was a joke Alex ....

Yes you blew up a Tekin ... congrats

What about the LRP? Or was that a software issue?

The GM is certainly a fast ESC in Mod ... Grainger showed that at TITC

The BD ... like said before haven't seen anything about it in TC so far

As for the editing I just forgot to put in the laughs
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #44
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
It was a joke Alex ....

Yes you blew up a Tekin ... congrats

What about the LRP? Or was that a software issue?

The GM is certainly a fast ESC in Mod ... Grainger showed that at TITC

The BD ... like said before haven't seen anything about it in TC so far

As for the editing I just forgot to put in the laughs
I know it was a Joke mate...

I blew up a Tekin yes, but sold it on RC Tech is 6 mins flat too

GM was design as Mod, it is a weapon honest man really is

SS was a problem with the software, having a new version MKIII installed as we speak told them to hold off sending it back until it is release.

Back to the topic in Hand..

BD we shall find out on Friday in the hands of the Stig aka Grant "Steady Hand" Mount.. it will be on top mate.. trust me.. It really is quick.
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #45
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Ricky, did you run it against GM 7.2 or 11.1 ?

11.1 leaves Tekin 203 for dust now, so would be interesting to see how it fares against the BD (had one on order with Mike for a while now, had a look at the Euro's but didn't take it on the day as he only had 1)
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:34 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0