R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #346
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default red series

Are they BRCA legal.They need to be good ,to be better than the GMs .Done a lot of testing at Ardent to get where i am now. So happy with what im using.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #347
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Try the new Corally Red Series.
You happy to share any rollout's??
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #348
Tech Addict
 
radio_car_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Are they BRCA legal.
NO. No Corally's are on the BRCA 10.5 or mod brushless lists

Last edited by radio_car_racer; 08-24-2010 at 09:40 AM.
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #349
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default not legal

So that was a pointless suggestion.

I have actually had one for 5 seconds ,magnets that strong couldnt turn it by hand . Was a dog in a 1/12th couldnt gear it high enough.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #350
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default BD LIMITED PROFILE ON A 17.5

Well had a proper test session today in anticipation of the IIC 17.5 class 1/12th.Limited profile.

Well all I can say is wish i hadnt entered. Finished up on 115 mm rollout cant get any higher unless i put larger rear tyres.
Tried lots of combination from 100mm rollout. My best laps of the day were 11.66 sec with a 10.5 and 13.53 with the 17.5 It was dire could drive the full track on full throttle and steer around. Motor temp came off at 32c . As i cant compare it to any other 17.5 I dont know which direction to go. Maybe thats the best i can achieve. Untill i run with other 17.5s.
__________________
MB Models Leeds,RC4LESS,Troy McKune
V-DEZIGN CR5 ,LRP SXX, CRC cells,
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #351
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,013
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Well had a proper test session today in anticipation of the IIC 17.5 class 1/12th.Limited profile.

Well all I can say is wish i hadnt entered. Finished up on 115 mm rollout cant get any higher unless i put larger rear tyres.
Tried lots of combination from 100mm rollout. My best laps of the day were 11.66 sec with a 10.5 and 13.53 with the 17.5 It was dire could drive the full track on full throttle and steer around. Motor temp came off at 32c . As i cant compare it to any other 17.5 I dont know which direction to go. Maybe thats the best i can achieve. Untill i run with other 17.5s.
Hey Vinny,

Shoot me a PM...I'll let you know what you should be running for Motor at IIC...or at least I think.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #352
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,946
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,
I haven't looked throught the whole thread to find the answere, but has anyone sent their V.1 esc back to get updated? If so who do you contact there and how long was the turn around time? I tried sending an e-mail but no responce.
Thanks
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #353
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,013
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Hey guys,
I haven't looked throught the whole thread to find the answere, but has anyone sent their V.1 esc back to get updated? If so who do you contact there and how long was the turn around time? I tried sending an e-mail but no responce.
Thanks
Hey Wayne,

Someone posted the info here a while back. Its free for the update and only cost the shipping there in back and takes a few days once they get it. I do not remember the address or who posted it though. Tellan may be the one who posted it but he is away till Saturday so it may be a few days before he can post it. Did you ask Frank or Dumper? They should know the address too.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:02 AM   #354
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,946
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Hey Wayne,

Someone posted the info here a while back. Its free for the update and only cost the shipping there in back and takes a few days once they get it. I do not remember the address or who posted it though. Tellan may be the one who posted it but he is away till Saturday so it may be a few days before he can post it. Did you ask Frank or Dumper? They should know the address too.

EA
Hey EA,
I talked to John Briefly, I tried sending an e-mail to the "sales" e-mail address last week but have heard nothing. I'll shoot Dumper a PM and see if he has info.
Thanks,
Wayne
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #355
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

PM answered.

If anyone needs the address, just let me know.
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #356
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
So that was a pointless suggestion.

I have actually had one for 5 seconds ,magnets that strong couldnt turn it by hand . Was a dog in a 1/12th couldnt gear it high enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
NO. No Corally's are on the BRCA 10.5 or mod brushless lists
No-one asked about BRCA legality, I simply put forward a suggestion of a good motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
You happy to share any rollout's??
I don't use rollouts as I run rubber TC, but the gearing is taller than when I used to run the LRP Sphere Competition and Nosram Stock Spec.

I used to be on 5.8 with the LRP's, 6.4 with the Tekin and now 5.2 with the BD, I could probably get away with going to 5.0 but haven't had the chance to test.

The main thing with a BD is to make sure the motor has the most torque
you can find.
With a Tekin you can compensate for torque with massive timing and rpm settings.
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #357
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,898
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian wynn
It does not take long. I have no idea of a phone number.

Please ship them to:

Per Bengtzohn

Advanced Electronics

Kvarnfallsv. 19

58597 Linkoping

Sweden
this is what brian emailed me a couple weeks ago
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #358
Tech Addict
 
radio_car_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
No-one asked about BRCA legality, I simply put forward a suggestion of a good motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Are they BRCA legal.
Yes they did
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #359
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CRC Raceway
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
this is what brian emailed me a couple weeks ago. brian is so good looking I get butterflies in my tummy everytime I see him


Thanks I think....
__________________
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #360
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,898
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post


Thanks I think....

you been sleeping at the Gayte again huh Brian? something about delusions of grander.... do you call geotz in the morning or nudge him?
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net