R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
Glad someone else found profile 5 to much for 10.5 motor.. started to think I was a Pu$$y

If you can find one and you can afford one.. GET ONE!!! you shall laugh in the face of Tekin
I have neaten the Advanced. It misses a lot of top speed.
Infield it was about the same speed but on the straight I said by by to the advanced

Here every body is now getting a Tekin and some GM riders are getting the new GM 120 v2.

The price of 399 euro for a speedo that comes to much power to short on our big outdoor tracks is way to much.
On a small track the speedo is ok but on the large tracks that we have here, it's not the speedo as you want to win a race.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
Tech Adept

top speed was seriously not missed the weekend tekins pulled in about 6 foot on the straights, gm's could pull in 8 foot.. I could pull in on them that is...

Besides this exact speedo hasnt been tried else where yet... as this was the only one of its kind... as its the upgradable firmware one.....

RC

thanks to mike at modeltech here in the UK who is the distributor here...
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I have neaten the Advanced. It misses a lot of top speed.
Infield it was about the same speed but on the straight I said by by to the advanced

Here every body is now getting a Tekin and some GM riders are getting the new GM 120 v2.

The price of 399 euro for a speedo that comes to much power to short on our big outdoor tracks is way to much.
On a small track the speedo is ok but on the large tracks that we have here, it's not the speedo as you want to win a race.
RRRRR my Tekin loving friend

With the old Black Diamond software I think "T" 203 would have been a little better on bigger tracks.

However the new BD software.. is well how does one say this "the next level" something which should worry all "T" drivers out there...

And yes on ever track some ESC work better but that still comes down to gearing and driving skill - This ESC will not make you the world champion but not sure a Tekin would ether right now LRP hold this crown.

399.00 euro's for this is a bargin.

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodriver View Post
top speed was seriously not missed the weekend tekins pulled in about 6 foot on the straights, gm's could pull in 8 foot.. I could pull in on them that is...

Besides this exact speedo hasnt been tried else where yet... as this was the only one of its kind... as its the upgradable firmware one.....

RC

thanks to mike at modeltech here in the UK who is the distributor here...
RC how can you tell which version of BD you have??

Is the upgrader software available yet?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #20
Tech Adept

As its the only one from the Euros upgradable.

software not 100% sure yet... Ill try get some more info direct.

Thanks

RC
Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
As its the only one from the Euros upgradable.

software not 100% sure yet... Ill try get some more info direct.

Thanks

RC
Mine is from Snowbirds, hope you can send it back to AE and get it updated..

Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, Found out about speedo more.. The speedo I ran the weekends software will be changed again before release so this thing is going to be unreal. Going to race having to run the speedo on a lower seting due to it having so much power is incredible..

RC
Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson View Post
RRRRR my Tekin loving friend

With the old Black Diamond software I think "T" 203 would have been a little better on bigger tracks.

However the new BD software.. is well how does one say this "the next level" something which should worry all "T" drivers out there...

And yes on ever track some ESC work better but that still comes down to gearing and driving skill - This ESC will not make you the world champion but not sure a Tekin would ether right now LRP hold this crown.

399.00 euro's for this is a bargin.
That's right I love my Tekin.
The big advantage of the Tekin is, is that as you can't handle mode 5 on the BD, than your speedo is as fast as a SPX.
The Tekin you can set as you want. You can set maximum power but also between the SPX and maximum power.
Still the BD is not for sale here so I don't think that many will buy it out here now they are already have bought or will buy soon a new speedo.

The infield power was good but not better than the Tekin.
I can say that the Mamba, SXX ss, Tekin, GM and the Advanced are in the infield very close to each other. This part decides the driver who is faster ad the moment and not the speedo.
The straight is for the Tekin. It was with the V200 and it is with the V203.
The Tekin has the highest top speeds. It has still the highest top speed from 84km/h. No GM or LRP has still broken that top speed on the track. I now that when it will be dry, that the drivers will go race outdoor again and that the record will be improved a lot.

And you are right the driver decides who wins.
So spending 399 euro for something that isn't for sale jet out here and when you don't now how the service is, is a lot of money.
You can buy 2 Tekin's a Hotwire and a motor for it. So my choice is easy, I keep my Tekin and save a lot of money for that 0,01 sec of extra infield power and the 0,1 sec loss on the straight ad my club.
So when the driver decides who wins and not the speedo. Why spend so much money on something that isn't the thing that makes you win?

I wasn't that impressed of the speedo. They told me that it was the speedo to have but after racing against it, the hype was gone.
The ones that drove with it and have a Tekin were all not impressed. They all missed top speed and the option to change the setup.
Also the SXX ss is here ad my 2 club's not so popular any more. All the problems with it were not a good thing for sales out here. The speedo has a bit more top speed and punch out of the corners but it has also a lot of problems. Than the 399 euro's is better spend on the BD. This speedo is reliable and that is the LRP not.
No I keep my Tekin, I have it from the beginning, in the time of the LRP TC.
It is updated all those years and now it's still one of the fastest and as I see the results of the Snowbirds, than Tekin is nr 1.
On the Birds the BD was sold for 150 dollar. That is 109 euro!! You could buy 3 of them and a motor ad that time. That is a good price for a speedo.

I don't say that it is not a good speedo because it is a very good speedo. Don't take me wrong but I'm not that impressed of it to spend such a lot of money.
As it needs for Tekin to bring out a new speedo to keep up with the BD as it get's faster, than my choice will be Tekin. The service is the best there is and they have helped me very good so there must happen a lot before I change to an other speedo.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-16-2010, 05:23 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Guys, Found out about speedo more.. The speedo I ran the weekends software will be changed again before release so this thing is going to be unreal. Going to race having to run the speedo on a lower seting due to it having so much power is incredible..

RC
Glad to see there is much more to come..

Is it going to me possible to ask the question about upgrading current version's?

Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:

RC
Ricky, has Mike said yet we he is expecting the 'proper' shipment of them to arrive.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Contact Advanced directly for info regarding updating and so on, theres some rumours here i have never heard of directly from Ace..
info@advanced-electronics.se
+46 730 88 11 05
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #27
Tech Adept

rumours.....??

no mike is awaiting them still.

RC
Old 03-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

WHAT'S AMAZING TO ME----is manufacturer's that believe a speed control being sold at $399 euros is going to be GOOD for our hobby!!!! That's INSANE!! It's a SURE WAY to ensure the demise of the sport---because of the STUPID expense involved in trying to go fast--and having relative newbies believe that they can't win if they don't have the latest expensive unobtanium esc to go fast enough to win. This isn't real racing with serious money to help pay for your expenses---this is a small HOBBY!!!
The demise of slot racing--and 1/12 scale--and LOT'S of other hobbies can be linked to the cost of participating and having fun. It's too bad that we don't have better ambassadors of our hobby/sport-- enjoy your super esc's at any expense--and watch the growth of "spec" class's that will allow for the broad participation of the amature hobbyiest.
FWIW
T
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

!

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 08-24-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig View Post
WHAT'S AMAZING TO ME----is manufacturer's that believe a speed control being sold at $399 euros is going to be GOOD for our hobby!!!! That's INSANE!! It's a SURE WAY to ensure the demise of the sport---because of the STUPID expense involved in trying to go fast--and having relative newbies believe that they can't win if they don't have the latest expensive unobtanium esc to go fast enough to win. This isn't real racing with serious money to help pay for your expenses---this is a small HOBBY!!!
The demise of slot racing--and 1/12 scale--and LOT'S of other hobbies can be linked to the cost of participating and having fun. It's too bad that we don't have better ambassadors of our hobby/sport-- enjoy your super esc's at any expense--and watch the growth of "spec" class's that will allow for the broad participation of the amature hobbyiest.
FWIW
T
That's true.
The beginner want's a cheap speedo that runs good.
As the price was good it was a fantastic speedo because it is very easy to setup. By far the easiest speedo.
For me it doesn't matter and I like to play with setups.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R