R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Ulitimate Hobbies (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/379410-ulitimate-hobbies.html)

timmig 03-12-2010 08:07 PM

Ulitimate Hobbies

Well this is just a rant thread. Stopped by Ultimate Hobbies today to pick up a Cylcone S--they had one in stock. Could NOT get the "kids" in the car dept. to figure out IF they had different springs to run on the car or not for tuning!! Took an HOUR to lead them through their own catalogue--get them to look up the springs and find them--and THEN---they wouldn't let me compare them with the springs in the Cyclone box!!! Nothing on their website would compare them--- I just wanted to "feel" their stiffness but could NOT take them out of the package unless I bought them first!!! I tried to get the manager to come out to help---he couldn't be bothered!!! I told them---then leave the springs-- I also wanted tires--bodies etc.---but after the total run-around with NO knowledgable people to help---and refusal to let me compare springs-- I gave up--told them to tell the manager that's the LAST time I'll shop there--took my Cyclone purchase and LEFT!!! I can't stand their attitude---let the buyer beware!! DON'T TRY TO BE HELPFUL!!! It's the store policy!! Whatever!!!:deathstar:weird:
T

PaPeRo 03-12-2010 08:22 PM

Is this the Ultimate Hobbies in Orange?

timmig 03-12-2010 09:38 PM

Yes--Ultimate in Orange.

Metla 03-12-2010 09:44 PM

I would have handed back the cyclone as well.

maxepower 03-12-2010 10:35 PM

"Customer no Service"

Don't feel like you've been singled out, because they are like that with most customers especially in the RC car dept.
I go there when I am so desperate for a part and they have it in stock. If it's not about helicopters, planes or nitro cars your pretty much out of luck. Most of the time the customers are more knowledgeable then the staff. I can't tell you how many times I've stood at the counter which seems forever and not get any help. They seem to cycle through employees like their inventory and not very well at that.
Yes, it's a crapshoot when you go there but most people know this from experience. :cry:

carcrazy699 03-12-2010 10:42 PM

dang you are the one that bought it lol i was going to go tomarrow and pick one up.

but yeah i always go there and wait for hella long before i get any help. even the owner doesnt want to come out if you ask for him

Hebiki 03-12-2010 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by timmig (Post 7129070)
Well this is just a rant thread. Stopped by Ultimate Hobbies today to pick up a Cylcone S--they had one in stock. Could NOT get the "kids" in the car dept. to figure out IF they had different springs to run on the car or not for tuning!! Took an HOUR to lead them through their own catalogue--get them to look up the springs and find them--and THEN---they wouldn't let me compare them with the springs in the Cyclone box!!! Nothing on their website would compare them--- I just wanted to "feel" their stiffness but could NOT take them out of the package unless I bought them first!!! I tried to get the manager to come out to help---he couldn't be bothered!!! I told them---then leave the springs-- I also wanted tires--bodies etc.---but after the total run-around with NO knowledgable people to help---and refusal to let me compare springs-- I gave up--told them to tell the manager that's the LAST time I'll shop there--took my Cyclone purchase and LEFT!!! I can't stand their attitude---let the buyer beware!! DON'T TRY TO BE HELPFUL!!! It's the store policy!! Whatever!!!:deathstar:weird:
T

Originally Posted by timmig (Post 7129376)
Yes--Ultimate in Orange.

save yourself the trouble... go to speedtech (www.speedtechrc.com) up in san gabriel, jeff has everything you need.

then afterwards have dinner at Indian :sneaky: :D :nod:

timmig 03-12-2010 11:05 PM

I'll be at Speedtech on Sunday--I"ll check it out. I left him a voicemail for a part I need for the Cyclone. Hopefully, he got the message and I'll be able to try something new on Sunday!!
CYA AT THE TRUESPEC RACES!!!
T

asw7576 03-12-2010 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hebiki (Post 7129560)
save yourself the trouble... go to speedtech (www.speedtechrc.com) up in san gabriel, jeff has everything you need.

then afterwards have dinner at Indian :sneaky: :D :nod:

Nice pick

Orange is too far

Geezatec 03-13-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by timmig (Post 7129594)
I'll be at Speedtech on Sunday--I"ll check it out. I left him a voicemail for a part I need for the Cyclone. Hopefully, he got the message and I'll be able to try something new on Sunday!!
CYA AT THE TRUESPEC RACES!!!
T

Originally Posted by asw7576 (Post 7129658)
Nice pick

Orange is too far

Speedtech in San Gabriel on Sunday, you may just go to the Rose Bowl for parking lot racing. Speedtech hold races out there. Try Gizmo's in Burbank, on Burbank Blvd. Then try Chili John's on the corner of Burbanki Blvd accross the street from Gizmo's. I know its a drive from Trabuco Canyon. San Gab to Rose Bowl 8 miles, Rose Bowl to Gizmo's 18 miles. I use to live in South Pasedena. Gizmo's a great parts stock of Serpent part in LA region, and other known parts of Mugen, Hpi, Traxxas etc. And Skateboard.

Tag 03-13-2010 08:41 AM

hey, i too sick and tire of their attitude myself , there plenty of choices out there for your parts, like the guy mentioned , visit speedtecrc.com in san gabriel, the owner jeff is nice and courteous , and very helpful in getting parts for me:nod: whenever i needed

Geezatec 03-14-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tag (Post 7130620)
hey, i too sick and tire of their attitude myself , there plenty of choices out there for your parts, like the guy mentioned , visit speedtecrc.com in san gabriel, the owner jeff is nice and courteous , and very helpful in getting parts for me:nod: whenever i needed

Tag!! That place on Las Tunas Blvd and Templa City St. still There?? I forget the name of the hobby & craft shop there. For Xray parts Gizmo's in Burbank is the first place I'd shop at if Speedtech dosen't have it.

EVILGRAFX 03-14-2010 11:15 AM

My online and phone help wasn't any better. I wanted to order a kit online but, their site wasn't secure. I decided to phone in the order and got put on hold for what seemed like an eternity. Then after trying to order the kit, the dude gave me the price and it was $50 more than the online price. After arguing with the idiot trying to figure out why the price was more, and them not budging on the price, I told them to keep the kit.

I ended up buying the kit from Speedtech. Much better service.

asw7576 03-14-2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX (Post 7134458)
My online and phone help wasn't any better. I wanted to order a kit online but, their site wasn't secure. I decided to phone in the order and got put on hold for what seemed like an eternity. Then after trying to order the kit, the dude gave me the price and it was $50 more than the online price. After arguing with the idiot trying to figure out why the price was more, and them not budging on the price, I told them to keep the kit.

I ended up buying the kit from Speedtech. Much better service.

I visit the shop one time, ..... I didn't like it.

Low price and friendly service, that's the place I spend my money.

Or simply I go online shopping from reputable company, low price no talk.

hairymuffin 03-14-2010 10:22 PM

Been dealing with ultimate 4 a long time...They mostly have kids working there so, dont expect too much..And for the topic starter, Not many stores will let you open A box to inspect a product...The wait there is crazy sometime!!!! A lot of times they get people new to the hobby with a ton of questions and that takes time..The owner is not always the friendliest guy:(.. Smaller store=better service....