Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That is true. These rules were set when there was nothing but sliding kingpin front ends. The rules changed when the batteries evolved with single cell LiPo. Weights were changed and everyone was happy. Now front suspension has evolved. It is still simple yet works much better than the strut style front ends. If races like IIC, Snowbirds or any other races want to stick to the sliding kingpin suspension, Then Yokomo will be on the sidelines along with me. Didnt seem to stoip them from running and winning the worlds. Im sure that the rules can me modified to allow the 1/12th and 1/10th pancars to evolve. They did it for batteries when they did away with inferior cells. Now its time to do away with inferior front suspension or at least not make companies have to use it.

Our cars will come with the strut front end for now. The next version of the car will not though. It will be a while before that happens but i am not going to stay with the strut after this.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

I just checked our rules and there is nothing that says "must have sliding kingpin".

So will be interesting to read the tests when it comes out.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Hey, I think your front end looks great, and I'm very interested. I just thought I would warn guys that you might not be able to use it at IIC, or you might want to check first.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Lord

I know buddy. Im not trying to come off as sharp in any way. I am aware of that rule but what i am saying is that if they hold to it, it wont be for long. Strut front ends will be a thing of the past very soon.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

As far as I know that rule is only in place for WGT...but that's definitely something I will have to check on for both WGT and 1/12th.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
As far as I know that rule is only in place for WGT...but that's definitely something I will have to check on for both WGT and 1/12th.
Yes, that is only in the WGT rules. Dual A-arm front suspension has NEVER been illegal for 1/12th and in fact has been used before. Yokomo had a dual arm set-up at the worlds. 1/12th is NO ISSUE. It is only WGT that does not allow it as yet.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Lord

I believe they were just trying to keep the whole TC style set up out of the class. TC has become so difficult to set up. I can understand to an extent. I am confident that things will change. Double wishbone has been around for a long time, just not in pan car. It has been tried in pan car but has never really been done nicely. Yokomo did a nice job on there new front end. Now i will release ours and i am sure more will follow. I made mine very simple and easy to set up. It is extremely accurate and very light considering. It is very comparable to the strut front end in weight, Super low CG and has all the adjustment that you can ever want. Reguardless of the WGT rules, i will make this front end fit both the 1/12th and the WGT car. I strive to make the best possible race cars that money can buy, not the best race cars that rules will allow.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Hey, I think your front end looks great, and I'm very interested. I just thought I would warn guys that you might not be able to use it at IIC, or you might want to check first.
You know that your going to have to have one of these dont you Lonnie.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, right after you update your Serpent. Must admit, Paul kicked my butt with a 12RR 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Can somebody post his rtr pictures of the Copperhead ? I would like to see it !
Old 07-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmellipse
Can somebody post his rtr pictures of the Copperhead ? I would like to see it !
There's some pictures back on pages 7 and 8, probably more scattered through the thread.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm guessing that Chris and Lonnie have put in their orders for the new car.

See you guy's tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Lord

I did testing today at our new carpet track down here in florida. I was off to a rough start. Within a few runs i figured out something very interesting. The dampening used for the rear needed to be much lighter than what we used when using the strut front end. The car was very edgy until i went much lighter in the tubes and then it smoothed out. Not only that, it transitioned much faster and overall rolled through the corners much faster. I messed with rollcenter and found where i needed to be. When i lowered the pivot plate too much the car traction rolled going into the tight sections. Once i got the car where it needed to be, nothing could match the corner speed. The car just doesnt slow down. It gets into the corner great, holds its line, and gets out with very little steering input. It took a little adjusting but it was definately better than the strut front ends. The traction was very good at the track. There was no double steer that you would normally get with a 1/12th dampened too lightly. Its just feels like a race car. Definately a step forward.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

where is mine,my birthday is tomorrow
Old 08-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Where is yall's new carpet track at J?

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.