Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support >

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Old 02-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am still finishing up the new upgrade kits. This past few weeks have been rough as my wife was giving birth. My little baby has had a few complications so i really have not been in the shop much so i have fallen off schedule. I will keep you all posted on the progress but as of right now, I will be concentrating on getting my wife and little baby boy back home. Sorry for the delay. I will keep everyone posted on the new kit and availability. Thanks for the understanding.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Jason,
Sorry to hear you guys had complications. Giving birth for as common as it is, it's still very risky. Hope all gets better soon.

E
Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Grats on the new addition to the family and I sure hope you can bring 'em home soon! Did you find out if you could get the AE front ends with the aluminum done in black?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Grats on the new addition to the family and I sure hope you can bring 'em home soon! Did you find out if you could get the AE front ends with the aluminum done in black?
KSG makes them and all of the rest of the AE parts in Black.

Mike
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Right but Jason is wanting to get the entire front end kit from AE...it is easier and less expensive than parting it out from 2 or 3 different companies.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Right but Jason is wanting to get the entire front end kit from AE...it is easier and less expensive than parting it out from 2 or 3 different companies.
Right, understand. AE doesnt sell any parts black. KSG does. KSG has all of the parts, in black. It would be a qualtity deal. Jason knows this, I was just answering for those who were looking for a "right now" solution.

Mike
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Ah...Exotek must be getting their side shock from KSG then...the old chassis had the blue shock but the new one has a black shock. Too bad AE doesn't sell the front end kits with no anodizing that way when other vendors buy them for their chassis they can have them anodized to match.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Best wishes for a safe and speedy recovery for baby and mom.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default adjusting tweak on a CH12

I got my CH12 on the track for the first time last week and had a blast running it. I've never run a car that didn't have some type of mechanical adjustment for tweak. My car would spin out under acceleration turning left in a couple of the corners. I checked my axle spacing and it is within .5mm side to side. Is the corrective action to place weight on the chassis(or on the rear pod) in this instance?

Clay
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
I got my CH12 on the track for the first time last week and had a blast running it. I've never run a car that didn't have some type of mechanical adjustment for tweak. My car would spin out under acceleration turning left in a couple of the corners. I checked my axle spacing and it is within .5mm side to side. Is the corrective action to place weight on the chassis(or on the rear pod) in this instance?

Clay
Is your diff adjusted correctly ?
What surface are you running on ?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

I ran it at West Coasr RC. The asphalt was pretty grippy. I'm running Pink Jacos with paragon. Diff is just on the loose side.

BTW what nights do you guys race at TQ?

Clay
Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Clay
Have you checked that the car is balanced right to left and have you checked the font end for any binding?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I ran it at West Coasr RC. The asphalt was pretty grippy. I'm running Pink Jacos with paragon. Diff is just on the loose side.

BTW what nights do you guys race at TQ?

Clay
The diff cannot slip, or your car will never go where you point it.
WCRC is very grippy & little bumpy, so I'm sure it was a handful there with a loose diff.

We race every Sun at TQ.
Sean has club races on Wed, & Fri too, but 12th scale is mostly just on Sundays.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Congratulations Jason. I'll light a candle for speedy recovery of all. Forget the cars, Wife and son light years more important.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

I ran again at West Coast . Tightened my diff a hair and ran Jack the Ripper sauce. The car ran very well. I do have 1/2 ounce on the rear pod near the left wheel. This is what I put on there last week to cut down the spinning on some left turns. I checked the links and they feel smooth, re-lubed the tubes.

I guess I'll have to head over to TQ. What tire setup do you guys run there and what's a good gear ratio for 17 turn blinky?

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions. I feel a bit uneasy without tweak screws!

Clay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.