Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support >

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Old 04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Big props to Jason the new car is great and a blast to drive,i didn't get to run any qual as i had issues in the first and went to TC but it handles great and accepts changes very well,jason drove it as well.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

just a small question about the servo. is 5KGs of torque enough for 1/12 cars??
which of the following will you choose

10KGs and .07s
5KGs and .048s ??

cheers

Ali
Old 04-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Guy's,

Here's some pictures of mine from my iPhone. I purchased the upgrade kit, don't mind the Blue anodize that's from my DB12RR. The Copperhead 12 been really great!!!

really nice car! i like the blue color!
i see you have a 12r5 front how do you like it and what was the big difference? i have an rr that i am going to put the front on. quote or pm

again i like the look of the car.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Jason,

I think I remember u saying that you run futaba servos. Which one do you run? was it the 9650?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run the 9602
Old 04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey DriftDreamer06,

I like the R5 front end because of the on the fly adjustments you can do.

Don't get me wrong the old Associated work's equally as well.
Hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
really nice car!

i like the blue color!
i see you have a 12r5 front how do you like it and what was the big difference? i have an rr that i am going to put the front on. quote or pm

again i like the look of the car.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

That's what I like about the CRC front end...caster adjustments are super easy as you don't have to take out the hinge pin to do them. I just wish they used a turn buckle upper arm instead of a pillow ball.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That's what I like about the CRC front end...caster adjustments are super easy as you don't have to take out the hinge pin to do them. I just wish they used a turn buckle upper arm instead of a pillow ball.
so long as you are OK with running the CRC front end with the longer upper arm length, then you can use a turnbuckle upper arm in lieu of the standard CRC pillow ball setup. That's the way I run my car. I use the excellent CRC lower arms and CRC caster blocks, the optional CRC graphite brace that moves the caster blocks inboard to the long arm position, then I use CRC's older version standard upper arms (not their new ones with two sets of pin holes molded into the plastic), then I use a dynamic stut AE short upper arm turnbuckle, AE upper pivot ball and socket, AE kingpin, AE steering block & axle. It fits, it works, and it's almost bulletproof. it's only necessary to remove a small amount of length from the upper arm's plastic so that you can get to the right camber adjustment. Everything else fits without modification. My car's been setup this way for 2 years with no issues at all. It's the screw-in kingpin that I didn't like about the new CRC front end since those kingpins bend so easy (and you can't tell if they are bent unless you take them out to inspect). Also I wasn't keen on the fat CRC axles that required the big hole front bearings. Those don't last so long and they also tend to get sloppy. The 1/8" ID front bearings are much better. My hybrid front end is darned near bulletproof.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

I thought about doing that just never got around to it. I had problems with the older upper arms not threading the long ball straight so I didn't want to risk the turnbuckles on that set. I switched to the long upper arm with the short ball and the front end is nice and square now and ran great at the IIC. Haven't ran much since then as my local race died out so now all we have running is TC and are just now starting up a F1 class. The track we are at now gets really crappy grip for foams and won't let us sugar water the track for better grip so pan cars other than F1 just aren't going to get popular there.

That reminds me...ever thought of doing an F1 Jason? A BMI conversion for the F103 or F104 chassis using the Copperhead rear suspension would be killer! And a BMI rear pod that takes the Tamiya ride height adapters would be even better

Also...how's that new front end coming
Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
so long as you are OK with running the CRC front end with the longer upper arm length, then you can use a turnbuckle upper arm in lieu of the standard CRC pillow ball setup. That's the way I run my car. I use the excellent CRC lower arms and CRC caster blocks, the optional CRC graphite brace that moves the caster blocks inboard to the long arm position, then I use CRC's older version standard upper arms (not their new ones with two sets of pin holes molded into the plastic), then I use a dynamic stut AE short upper arm turnbuckle, AE upper pivot ball and socket, AE kingpin, AE steering block & axle. It fits, it works, and it's almost bulletproof. it's only necessary to remove a small amount of length from the upper arm's plastic so that you can get to the right camber adjustment. Everything else fits without modification. My car's been setup this way for 2 years with no issues at all. It's the screw-in kingpin that I didn't like about the new CRC front end since those kingpins bend so easy (and you can't tell if they are bent unless you take them out to inspect). Also I wasn't keen on the fat CRC axles that required the big hole front bearings. Those don't last so long and they also tend to get sloppy. The 1/8" ID front bearings are much better. My hybrid front end is darned near bulletproof.
hey can you post some pics of your front end.
i have a db12rr(stock) and i am thinking about the "CH12"(cooperhead 12), i have been running a 12r5(mod) and like that front end more than the older.

pics would be cool
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jason was at Adrenaline with us last weekend with his Copperhead, and dominated the World GT class.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Pics please!!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Jason, Tim Potter's Copperhead is already dialed at our local track and I believe he won our last 1/12th scale race by at least 2 or 3 laps. He's doing great with the car on asphalt!

Not to mention how sweet the copper anodizing looks! Much better than the prototype you had at the 'birds, in my opinion.

-T.J.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Pics please!!
?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Pictures of Jason's Copperhead 10!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.